Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Water meters

On 10 Sep 2013 at 11:39pm Teacher wrote:
We are about to have a water meter fitted and would like to know how much the average monthly bill is for two people using it sparingly. The reason I ask is someone we know is paying 35 per month living on their own and yet they were told by a neighbour that a couple down the road are only paying 15 per month.
On 11 Sep 2013 at 12:06am 8 miles from home wrote:
My new direct debit payment for the coming year has gone down to 18 a month.Household of 4 on a water meter and we all use the water as if we were not on one. Well worth getting an Israeli water meter fitted.
On 11 Sep 2013 at 12:42am Meter Maid. wrote:
Why can't we make our own ruddy water meters?What on earth is this country coming to?

On 11 Sep 2013 at 8:11am Brussel sprout wrote:
I would like to know the number of people refusing the ARAD meters........ Balfour Beatty guy said 2 out of every ten houses, Southern water guy said one or two people.
On 11 Sep 2013 at 11:23am realist wrote:
Oh for goodness sake. Do you realize that practically everything you use today is made in China...probably one of the worst countries for human atrocities at the moment. I don't see people refusing to use their latest bit of tech because it comes from China...

On 11 Sep 2013 at 1:40pm Another Voice of Reason wrote:
I opted to have one put in this year. Bills dropped from 45 a month to between 10 and 15 a month.

On 11 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm queequeg wrote:
How can meters save anybody money? They need to be bought then fitted and then read regularly. All this adds to the companies overheads considerably. Yet apparently their revenue is going to nosedive. Amazing! Illogical!

On 11 Sep 2013 at 2:12pm maisie wrote:
our water bills have gone down, we have been on a water meter for six years.
On 11 Sep 2013 at 3:32pm Renationalize the water. wrote:
Water meters are a con.
As soon as everybody has them up will go the price of water again.
Renationalise the utilities.
Clean water is a right.

On 11 Sep 2013 at 6:18pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
We noticed a small saving when we first had a water meter a few years ago, but our bills are now up to a shocking 430 a year for 2 people.
No sign of a leak anywhere, apart from out of the bank account.

On 11 Sep 2013 at 6:18pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
We noticed a small saving when we first had a water meter a few years ago, but our bills are now up to a shocking 430 a year for 2 people.
No sign of a leak anywhere, apart from out of the bank account.

On 11 Sep 2013 at 6:34pm Brussel sprout wrote:
Realist.....
Perhaps if we did it might send a clear message that their behaviour regarding human rights is not ok? Your attitude is perhaps a little apathetic? no?
I must admit I don't really want one of these meters given that I know how the supplier conducts their business elsewhere in the world. I don't feel right about it. What should I do?

On 11 Sep 2013 at 6:58pm Bongo wrote:
Cant wait for mine to be installed - water board say I'll pay roughly a third of my current bill.
SO WHY DON'T THEY CHARGE ME THAT AMOUNT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!
Annoyed of Lewes!

On 12 Sep 2013 at 1:55pm Another Voice of reason wrote:
A C-T, that is still 210 a year less than you'd be paying without a meter. Not sure thats really shocking....
And Bongo, they can't charge you that now, because without a meter they don't know how much you'll use.

On 12 Sep 2013 at 3:22pm HUBERT wrote:
Best fill the swimming pool up before they install I have heard!!!
Third of the bill would be great! It is a shame we do not have Compare Water Prices!

On 13 Sep 2013 at 12:44pm Hailsham Resident wrote:
The whole of Hailsham was compulsorily meterer a couple of decades ago ! ......Note that they haven`t tried it in any other towns - what`s that tell you about who SAVES money when metered . PS - A tip to sve you 18 a year FOR EVER ! -- IF you can prove to your sewerage/rainwater disposer that you do NOT discharge Rainwater from your roofs into their pipeworks - i.e. You , or your group of houses have soakaways ( possibly run into a stream ) They have to knock off the charge which is currently c. 18 a year - I did it , and was hoping for a showdown @ their head office -LOL - but they caved in on the second phone call . I`m in a group of 30 houses so that`s 30x18 a year the b`ggers were getting off us . I know there are variations within towns - but being involved with buildings for decades, I know that soakaways are more common than you would think !

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

As expected the chartist only turns up to put down. Just like the ferret. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes