Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Wales vs England

On 24 Feb 2012 at 9:14pm Cymru wrote:
I think we are in for a close game this weekend, Wales vs England. Some interesting changes to the welsh side, not too sure how i feel about jones replacing hook on the bench. However i still think wales will pull it off by a healthy difference.
Wales should take the triple crown.

On 24 Feb 2012 at 9:34pm Paul Newman wrote:
Ha ha Cymru, managing expectations are we? I know this England side are probably the least accomplished for a long time and, its true, Wales have a mighty pack some thrilling runners, and class to spare .
..Still, England have had awful conditions, they look fit, well organised young and ready to tackle until they drop. We have a kicker, the wrecking ball,at centre, pace if little guile, in attack nd , do you know what, I just fancy England to spoil the Welsh day out.
Come on England !

On 24 Feb 2012 at 10:17pm Tim wrote:
Big test for Farrell. Could be interesting.

On 24 Feb 2012 at 11:39pm ADT wrote:
I soooooo don't care

On 25 Feb 2012 at 12:19pm cymru wrote:
Just for you Paul !!!!

Check it out here »

On 25 Feb 2012 at 12:24pm cymru wrote:
What do you call an Englishman with the Triple Crown in his hands.............
The Engraver !
On 25 Feb 2012 at 6:08pm Cymru wrote:
Now thats how you win games!!!!!!
Welsh Triple Crown!!!!
Soon to be Welsh G*A*D*L*M !!!!!!!!

On 25 Feb 2012 at 7:50pm WALES wrote:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

On 26 Feb 2012 at 8:37am Taff04 wrote:
That was TOO close for comfort, great win for Wales, but England played out of their socks.

On 26 Feb 2012 at 1:26pm Paul Newman wrote:
Yes the better team won, but England had a go made themselves awkward and it was awfully close .

On 27 Feb 2012 at 9:54am Ed Can Do wrote:
What do you call a Welshman on the winning team at Twickenham?

Nobody knows, it happens so rarely they've never bothered coming up with a name.

Joking aside, that was a great match and begrudgingly I'd say the better team won. When Wales went down to 14 men I thought it was going to be all over but for the Welsh to claw back 3 points then was the beginning of the end for England. I was a little upset the try wasn't given at the end if only for the overly dramatic last-kick-of-the-match-from-an-awkward-position-for-the-match excitement but that was still the best match of the tournament so far. I'd certainly back Wales for the Grand Slam now.

On 27 Feb 2012 at 1:07pm DFL wrote:
I think that Wales just edged it, but England have come on big time. I'd like to think we can go on to beat the Irish and the French, big call I know, but I think they're capable.

On 28 Feb 2012 at 11:39am Taff wrote:
Well I really enjoyed this match. Competitive and played in excellent spirit. Though I did have an awkward feeling when I realised the ref was Steve Walsh! Him aside who would have thought that that was only Englands third test together? Fantastic pressure preventing Wales from playing their usual game. Well done to them.
As for the try? I thought it was good an deven though the converstion was a difficult one had the game ended in a draw there should be no complaints. We will however take the points.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Homeward bound 44:132
Homeward bound

Yeah, I somehow imagine that the pandemic has not been much of a great "leveler" for those poorest in our society. :( more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa