Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Visiting

On 19 Aug 2015 at 4:29pm Newbie wrote:
I have heard many great things about Lewes and would like to visit. However, I am in a quandary as to where to stay as I remember a TV programme that was very critical of one hotel (can't remember its name). Any tips?
On 19 Aug 2015 at 4:42pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Ham Lane.
On 19 Aug 2015 at 5:03pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Newbie, it's the Crown. The best one is Pelham House; then Shellys or The White Hart, in descending order. But not The Crown (see Trip Advisor).
On 19 Aug 2015 at 5:38pm Old Bike wrote:
Yes, Ham lane for now, but depending on the timing of your visit you may have to travel to Newhaven. It is about 8 miles from home.
On 19 Aug 2015 at 5:53pm Woody wrote:
Newbie - you'd be better off at a B&B. I can certainly recommend The Dorset. Affordable rates and an excellent breakfast.
On 19 Aug 2015 at 10:17pm Another B and B lady wrote:
Www.lewesbandb.co.uk. Largest group of independent b and bs in and around Lewes.
On 20 Aug 2015 at 8:21am Dixie Normus wrote:
Newbie, you could just go and stay at Zu Studios/surrounding smelly area, all you need is to be wearing some rags, not had a shower for a month and have an 'carefree lifestyle'
On 20 Aug 2015 at 8:40am Just me wrote:
I would avoid the Crown (the one you saw on tele) and als the White Hart (as its just as bad) Pelham House is beautiful but it will cost circa 100 per night. If you look on Airbnb you will find some lovely places to stay - including a Yurt

On 20 Aug 2015 at 10:32am bumpkin wrote:
There's some lovely BnBs out in the surrounding villages

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses in Lewes 15:132
Burning Crosses in Lewes

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina