Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Verge

On 11 Dec 2017 at 9:12am Bert wrote:
Wouldn't it have just been cheaper all round it those sloping verges on the Brighton road had been cut properly during the year, than to have to had temporary traffic lights for a day, with half a dozen heavy machinery lorries and loads of guys putting it all right yesterday. Clearing away heavy wet, dead, long grass and thoroughly raking the ground over ? Bad experiment eh ? However how much better does it look now.
On 11 Dec 2017 at 9:58am Horseman7 wrote:
Unless they were giving the wildlife a chance earlier on.
On 11 Dec 2017 at 11:28am Lewesbloke wrote:
The uncut verges are full of native flora and fauna. Buttercups, clover, daisies, plantains, self heal and loads more provide food, shelter and breeding grounds for many of our pollinating insects.
On 11 Dec 2017 at 11:41am Verge-in wrote:
What's this anal retentive obsession that all grass must be like a suburban lawn? Why don't we leave wildlife alone and save taxpayers' money in the process? Who wouldn't rather see nice flowers than a featureless green wasteland as they drive along?
On 11 Dec 2017 at 12:59pm on the ridiculous wrote:
well said
On 11 Dec 2017 at 1:09pm Hmmm wrote:
It's a dirty smelly verge on the side of a busy road, personally I would pave over it and keep the wildlife away (do them a favour).
Surely it's about time they build a bypass going north of Lewes on that side of town, build some houses too while they're at it.
On 11 Dec 2017 at 4:56pm Lewesbloke. wrote:
Sometimes Hmmm, you have to look a little beyond the "dirty verge" and realise there's a wealth of life within it. Unfortunately, people like you who would happily see things concreted over, are bo11oxing up small eco systems like the one described in the OP. There are still too many educationally sub-normal peasants around who, if you'd look a bit further then the end of your nose, would realise we need to actually help the smallest of insects out in order for our eco-system to survive on the grand scale.

On 11 Dec 2017 at 5:09pm Never mind the insects - wrote:
remember the seas ! Micro plastics will choke the food chain from the bottom up.

On 12 Dec 2017 at 1:45pm @Lewesbloke wrote:
"People like you", there's an aggressive sentence if ever there was one. You judge quickly from a position of zero knowledge, my garden is full of flowers all year round, I also have several bee and insect houses dotted around my garden.
Attracting bees to the side of a busy road is the quickest way to get them all splatted, have you never washed a car in the summer?
If you occasionally got your head out of your ar5e you might be a happier person.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

south street badge 107:132
south street badge

I doubt Davros as his Daleks would go to Davos, despite the obvious similarity in name. Its way too mountainous for the Daleks,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo