Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

UKIP Bananas

On 22 May 2014 at 5:21pm tax payer wrote:
Sorry UKIP Supporter. Your posts are quite long , and I couldn't find the reposnse to the EU Bendy Bananas, and Straight Cucumbers question . Could you remind us whta you think of these ridiculous bits of legislation?

On 22 May 2014 at 5:32pm Mr Sensible wrote:
I think you'll find tax payer, that UKIP find this kind of madness is what the EU is all about. Unnecessary interference in the running of our Country. Although Dail Mail readers find it funny, when it's not.
And these quirky items make headlines for the wrong reasons and detract from more serious legislation which affects us all.
On 22 May 2014 at 6:09pm belladonna wrote:
I was also perplexed to see a poster for UKIP in the window of Pastorale antiques recently. I can't see that doing much for their sales amongst Lewes trendy ethical lefties, do you UKIP Supporter ?

On 22 May 2014 at 6:31pm Gerty wrote:
I like the way UKIP Supporter thinks he's lefty baiting, when all they are really doing is showing their own inability to take on board a counter argument. Here's the article you should read, I'll spell it out because detail may not be your thing: UKIP will win lots of seats tonight, more than Greens. That's not because of policy. When people choose on policy, with party name taken out, Greens are more popular. Like I say, read the article.

Check it out here »

On 22 May 2014 at 6:33pm Interesting Article wrote:
"When you strip away the party name and poll people on policies alone, the Greens actually become the most popular party, polling 25% to Labour's 20%. Ukip poll just 12% on this measure."
It is good to see the positive politics of hope and change is what people actually want eh, even if they don't vote for it this time round?
On 22 May 2014 at 6:33pm padster wrote:
Hello i am a UKIP MEP, i hate the EU so i stand in EU elections , Take the generous salary and expenses, dont do very much because as i said earlier I hate the EU. Thanks for voting me in to do nothing apart sit with some very undesirables from other parts of european far right parties, i might of been a tory once but UKIP is much more fun.
Why don't UKIP stand and then if elected to the EU parliament refuse to sit and refuse the money, might then have some respect for demonstrating actions speak louder than words.

On 22 May 2014 at 7:03pm Angry Voter wrote:
I wonder just how many MEP's will be elected across Europe who won't turn up and are anti EU. Rest assured it won't be just the UKIP ones. Maybe 100 ? Or more ? Interesting ! very Interesting. Then it all looks a little bit different doesn't it ?

On 23 May 2014 at 3:20am Fairmeadow wrote:
It will be Westminster MPs who will decide whether or not The Uk remain in the EU. I'm a bit unclear what, if anything, MEPs actually do, but it certainly isn't that.
On 23 May 2014 at 7:08am ukip supporter wrote:
Morning Leftoids! Morning Lentil Munchers!!
It's a happy dawn to be sure because UKIP have taken more than a quarter of the vote share in council elections, which means they will do even better in the Euros because lots of people will vote Ukip in the Euros who revert to the old tribes in the councils.
Point is that Ukip has now established itself permanantly as the third force in British politics, displacing the Lib Dems in that position. Yippee!
And to put the cherry on the cake, Gertie Green, its just been confirmed that Sussex is sitting on top of billions of tons of shale gas. SO that means that fracking WILL come to Sussex, bringing jobs and more prosperity to the county and ensuring the security of energy supplies until well into the next century without the need for further bird mincing machines to deface our countryside ( aka uneconomic wind turbines). So all that lying Frack-Off propaganda about earthquakes was wasted.
Now to your questions: I know people in Lewes write 'Daily Mail' as a sort of shorthand for 'idiot' but if you compare the circulation of the Mail to that of your required reading the Guardian, ( which would be bankrupt if it wasn't for the profits from the trade paper 'Auto Trader' that it owns - and its Lewes readers of course ) - the result is about 10-1 in the Mail's favour. Yet another instance of smug Lentil superiority over the mass of their fellow citizens. The Mail is simply a better and more popular newspaper.
Belladonna is puzzled as to why there is a pro-Ukip poster in Pastorale antiques. I can tell her why: its because the owner, Ondrej Soucek, ( who stood against Baker as an Independent in the last GE) is passionately against the EU.
But something wrong here: his name doesn't sound very English, right? So he can't be one of those racist, fascist Little Englanders you are always bleating on about? That's correct: Ondrej is Czech-born and Swiss-raised, ...a foreigner! - but because he is a democrat and an intelligent, successful man he knows what a crock of cack the EU is, and why we will be leaving.
So I would say eat your hearts out this bright and happy morn, except you're all veggies, so I'll just say : Lewes isn't like the rest of the UK: get used to it, we're here to stay.
On 23 May 2014 at 8:23am Richter Scale wrote:
Hehe. It's looking good for UKIP. Been a bit of an earthquake in the real world then ? Haven't heard much about the Greens have we ? We are now officially in an era of 4 party politics, that'll confuse some of you ! Those Eton boys have better get down with the people. Message sent loud and clear I think. Can wait to see the new threads.
On 23 May 2014 at 8:34am Napoleon XIV wrote:
It may be looking good for UKIP, but it's looking disastrous for the UK.

On 23 May 2014 at 8:42am padster wrote:
dear UKIP gravy trainers, if voted to sit in EU parliament , boycott as it stands for everything you don't. If all anti euro politicians stand for EU elections and then do not sit in the chamber(s) then that would make it look look like a half empty white elephant.

On 23 May 2014 at 8:55am Old Cynic wrote:
Enjoy your moment in the sun UKIP - because once the public realise that you don't actually have any policies and are, in fact, a single issue racist party - your fun will be over. Its one thing getting a place on a local council - what you actually do with it is the important part and I am sure that you will all be clueless. I've not seen a word on how you plan to tackle care for the elderly, education, school meals, the environment, local infrastructure, social care the long term unemployed, youth employment etc.... its all Europe and damn foreigners taking our jobs (which is bull).... so come on tell us what you intend to do to make Britain a better place for all races, colours, creeds and genders 'cos I really want to know

On 23 May 2014 at 9:37am Town Flyer wrote:
Not sure why anyone thinks that Lewes people are "trendy ethical lefties"? Lewes hasn't voted Labour in for donkeys years (if ever?).

On 23 May 2014 at 10:34am local person wrote:
why let the truth get in the way of a simplistic stereotype?
rather like all the invented stuff about bendy bananas and cucumbers that UKIP types don't have the sense to realise isn't true.

On 23 May 2014 at 2:22pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
On the basis of your Daily Mail/Guardian logic, UKIP Supporter, Ford Ka's are better cars than Aston Martins because more people buy them.

On 23 May 2014 at 3:01pm Clifford wrote:
Oh, poor Ukip Supporter, so happy that you didn't notice what an idiot you've shown yourself to be. No, not because you're anti-EU (I am too and I'm a 'leftoid'). You must be wishing now there was a way of deleting your comments but they're there for ever.

On 23 May 2014 at 3:11pm UKIP hater wrote:
Why don't you just go back to Germany, Wales, Woking or Yorkshire or indeed anywhere you've lived but here and leave us Lewes liberals and greens alone UKIP Supporter (aka Lewes candidate Nigel H Jones)? We like it here which is why we live here. If you don't go and live somewhere that's packed to the gunwales with your hairy UKIP baboons (your phrase). Why choose to live somewhere that filled with people you don't like and who certainly don't like you?

And for your information:

The Greens are not anti-science. In fact a main Green policy is to increase science funding. Greens love science and technology. No dark age stuff at all (unlike UKIPs backward looking neanderthal mentality).

And....

Sussex will not be improved by the thousand of wells required to get oil from the shale (yes, it's oil not gas you twerp, and measured in barrels not tons). In fact it will be industrialised for the profit of a few whilst providing the UK with less than a years worth of oil. Look at the figures below. And... the proof is coming through thick and fast of the harm fracking is doing in the US. Google fracking in relation to earthquakes in Ohio, water pollution in Pennsylvania, air pollution in the Texas eagle Ford, then Google fracking and ponzi scheme and then look at the revision of shale reserves in California... down 96%. Try the word fracking with non-disclosure agreements, gagging orders too.

Windturbines are not usually bird mincing.

Some figures for you:

For fracking companies to extract just 4% of the 4.4 billion barrels of shale oil that the British Geological Survey estimate lies beneath Southern England would require 1,400 wells (extrapolated from av yield of existing well, constrained max length of well laterals and depth of Weald shale layer) or, assuming 10% of reserves are retrievable (very generous, will certainly be less) 3,500 wells would need to be drilled.

That is a huge number of wells and industrialisation for a tiny amount of oil. To put that in perspective, 4% of the reported reserve is 176 million barrels which equates to 120 days of UK oil consumption. 10% of the reserve would be 440 million barrels of oil which is 290 days of UK consumption.

You are the Lewes candidate and you know so little... just like all the other UKIP candidates I've heard speak. You and Donna? Made for each other.

BGS announcement reported here:

Check it out here »
On 23 May 2014 at 4:13pm Mild mannered man wrote:
To UKIP hater:
I think your name and your post say it all ( almost had to wipe the spittle off the screen).
Your foul-mouth rant has revealed the true hate-filled face of 'tolerant' 'liberal' Green Lewes and I know which way I'll be voting next time.

On 23 May 2014 at 6:12pm Zebedee wrote:
You've decided who to vote for because one person slagged off the local UKIP candidate? Don't you think that's a bit well... shallow?

On 23 May 2014 at 7:17pm not easily wound up man wrote:
some people are very shallow. not sure why someone 'mild mannered' is getting so wound up by that particular post, given all the ranting, obscenity filled, racist, xenophobic, homophobic and sexist UKIP promoting ones, but there you go.

On 24 May 2014 at 8:34pm belladonna wrote:
what was 'foul-mouth' about UKIP hater's so-called 'rant', mmm ? 'twerp' is hardly offensive or foul ???

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 68:143
Lewes Crest

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone