Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Twats with cars.

2
1
On 23 Apr 2008 at 9:45pm Nevill Newby wrote:
If you live in Nevill you have prob seen the twat with the yellow Cinquecento is back if you have not seen this piece of
S**T you will have def heard it. it has a Large catering sized baked bean can welded onto the back of this toy car.
when it drives past usally at breakneck speed (if only he would break said neck) scaring kids as he drives past.
usally this pile of S**T is parked on the double yellow lines
at Nevill green in case your not sure where the house with christmas lights up in april...... (please please can any of the NCP PA's who use this forum please slap a ticket ot ten on this or any such heap parked down there)
On speaking to the police about this and the other car, blue saxo yea you know the one this car can actually reach speeds which can kill a small child and usally the driver is atached to his mobile phone ????
sorry getting back to police thing.
they say if these or any other cars are annoying you or breaking the law please call 0845 6070999 and report it
there are powers that can stop these Twats. if they are caught breaking the law, and this can be even waking your kids at night with exhaust noise the police can seize these cars they normally have to get caught a couple of times then they have powers such as crushing cars Now thats a YOUTUBE video.
but the police have to have reason to stop them just because he's a twat isnt good enough. you call it in they can stop them.
Now come on Lewes lets do our bit and report these idiots.
Before someone's killed.
 
1
On 23 Apr 2008 at 9:56pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Sussex Police are currently operating an Anti-Social Driving crackdown - you can report directly to them on-line by visiting...
(the usual htpp stuff) webcontact.sussex.police.uk/asdprs/
1
 
On 23 Apr 2008 at 10:09pm Nevill Newby wrote:
for some reason that linl didnt work???
But you can find it on sussex police website under operation crackdown or (all the www's operationcrackdown(dot)org
you can also dob in people without trax and abandoned cars
hurahhhhhh
thanks spinster for pointing in the right direction
2
 
On 23 Apr 2008 at 10:23pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
There are quite a few twats driving around the De Montford estate and up Leicester Road, either last thing at night or at the crack of dawn with their clapped-out exhausts waking everyone up. Judging by the way they keep revving the engines up whilst stationary, they're either trying to wake people up or don't give a toss. Either way, they're scum.
Now I know about the link I shall start taking numbers.
1
3
On 23 Apr 2008 at 10:25pm madge wrote:
Maybe people should indicate on here when this vehicle is actively being a nuisance then we can all do our bit by observing & reporting it.
 
 
On 23 Apr 2008 at 10:27pm madge wrote:
Maybe people should indicate on here when this vehicle is actively being a nuisance then we can all do our bit by observing & reporting it.
2
3
On 24 Apr 2008 at 8:58am Inspector Mouse wrote:
Something should be done about this lot..they are turning the road outside their COUNCIL house into a dumping ground for old clapped out cars (which I expect they think are really cool!), there is litter everywhere and graffiti on the road sign....SHAMELESS comes to mind
 
 
On 24 Apr 2008 at 10:17am FA wrote:
So why doesn't someone...or a group of people do something about it ?....i'm sure you're all bright enough (DYL excepted) to work it out.
 
1
On 24 Apr 2008 at 2:23pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
I used to know somebody who would throw tacks down round the wheels of a car that was causing a nuisance.
How much is a set of tyres for a Fiat?
1
2
On 24 Apr 2008 at 3:33pm The Equalizer wrote:
This is the same content as a thread posted earlier in the year titled "Chav Boy Racers " mentioning the same morons. This time the only difference is that we have a number to ring and a website to report them. I live on western road and find the twat in the yellow car a nuisance. I for one will be ringing the line, what's the reg? the car is always driving parallel to our windows! Can't believe I'm relying on the weak arm of the law to deal with them. Box of tack's for the first person to report them.
1
1
On 25 Apr 2008 at 7:29pm assassin wrote:
well The Equalizer a knife will do a good job on the walls of a tyre and can be done without the tyre exploding how much would 4 tyres cost?..........revenge is sweet do it after dark!!!!!!!!!!!
1
2
On 27 Apr 2008 at 6:29pm Nevill Newby wrote:
Hi all this is as I understand it definative ....
If a car is being driven in a way to cause a nuisance
this can be loud music, loud exhust, driving to fast on a
estate etc etc
the police can issue a ticket which is given both to the driver of the car and the car and will appear on the police national computer.
if they get stopped again for simmilar offence the police can seize the car. they do however get the chance to pay about 150 plus storage to get the car back but if they dont pay the car is crushed.
so please if you are having problems report it like I have done it means giving your details but they are not given to
the Twat with the car.
im guesing the yellow peril will not last long.
 
 
On 27 Apr 2008 at 11:41pm Dunk wrote:
It was only the other day when i saw those christmas lights still up! Those chavvy turds are a pain in the arse,congregating on that corner and deliberatly walking infront of cars wanting to drive by. I want to run them over next time they do it, and then reverse back over them just for my own satisfaction. It looks like a scrap yard for cars in their back garden. I feal sorry for the neighbours.
 
1
On 28 Apr 2008 at 12:37pm parent wrote:
My son was visiting a friend on Neville saturday night on his scooter and drives very carefully and was wondering if anyone decided to put a lump of concrete or large bolder in the road hoping to rip the bottom of this idiots car every one is talking about. My son was the victim of this object left in the middle of the road and when hitting it with his front tyre came of his bike and ended up in hospital for the night with injuries. The sooner something is done about this idiot that evryones talking about the better.
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 1:01pm Nevill Newby wrote:
Parent I'm sorry to hear this I can say that it wasnt me.
my reason for my post is that as a parent myself I wanted these idiots stopped before my child is killled by these idiots driving around the estate at brake neck speeds.
I think you'll find that most people on Nevill have children
by putting a bolder in the road they would be putting there own and other family and friends at danger.
maybe this is down to a pure accident and the bolder fell from a skip lorry or even kids and not related to these cars we mentioned in earlier posts.
there is some references to people putting knifes through tyres etc I for one cant agree to this as it only pushes up my insurance along with every other person in the uk.
hence recomending we all contact the police when they are being idiots.
Have you contacted the police regarding this bolder now I know people will say there is nothing the police can do and
catching whoever laid the stone if it was malicious is probably never going to happen. but if this was malicious it could have killed your son. or any other person who may have hit it. if they know this is going on the police will follow it up and hopefully stop it happening again.
would you mind letting us know where this accident happened as Nevill is very close knit maybe we can stop it if the police fail.
wishing your son a speedy recovery.
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 2:25pm Dunk wrote:
It was probably unrelated, and hopefully an unintentional hazzard. I hope the lad is back on his feet in no time.
 
1
On 28 Apr 2008 at 4:38pm parent wrote:
Hi Neville Newby & Dunk, thanks for your kind words. I have spoken to my son and he does not know the name of the road but he informs me it is next to the hospital where the houses are, i dont know if it's of any help. where does idiot the with the car live?, is it close to the hospital or is it up the back.
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 5:25pm Nevill Newby wrote:
Hi Parent that could be any road but yes very close to
the house these Twats hang around Google Nevill crescent
Bn7 right next to childrens play Area last house as you leave the crescent can't miss it Christmas lights still up..
just in case any of you have wanted the reg plate of the said offending vehicles here goes
Yellow Cinquecento T845 RPD (Plain yellow no stripes)
Blue Saxo T791 DFT
some people are getting two different chaved up Cinquecento's confused
the one below is Yellow but with Red stripes and loud exhust and loud stereo (S**t taste in music by the way
Yellow Cinquecento with Red stripes and silly roof spoiler
P457 WHY
All seen driving like twats around Nevill.
please again report them if you see them doing anything wrong.

 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 10:01pm Dunk wrote:
There are a few more of the jerks who drive around like that. And most likely from the Nevill green Chav brigade in which the yellow cinq... is spawned from.
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 10:37pm another parent wrote:
even more irritating is the fact that they are right above the tinys playground on the Green - language is often colourful too with 8 of them sharing a can of Heiniken
1
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 10:52pm Dunk wrote:
And just to make it worse, there is not a damn thing that can be done about it.
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 10:53pm Dunk wrote:
....well nothing legally anyway!
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 11:56pm zola wrote:
Can't we report them?
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 12:31am Dunk wrote:
you can but dont expect any action to be taken, when ill behaviour isnt really going to be stopped by some stern words by the constabulary.
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 8:48am Inspector Mouse wrote:
They are living in a council house...therefore the COUNCIL should be contacted as their tenants are annoying the middle class inhabitants of Nevill....
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 3:44pm Nevill Newby wrote:
Thank you for the tip Inspector Mouse
have just done that
have written to
Lisa Galllington Housing officer at Lewes District Council
Lewes House
32 High Street
Lewes
BN7 2LX
01273 471600
ref Antisocial behaviour by the tennant or guests of a council house.
council house in question is
1 Nevill Crescent
LEWES
BN7 1NA
please feel free if anyone else wants to back me up
and write in

 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 4:34pm The Equalizer wrote:
Nevill Newby looking forward to the reply.
At last using the forum for something constructive!
 
 
On 2 May 2008 at 6:12pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Keep a diary of events/nuisance etc, with date, time and so on. If any one incident has had a specific effect on you (eg kept you awake, made you get your kids indoors because you felt their safety was at risk, spoiled a family party), note that too.
They can't take action over an isolated incident, but they can start to build a case for anti-social behaviour if you collect the evidence.
 
 
On 5 May 2008 at 3:25pm disgruntled wrote:
Have read above with interest and will certainly back up anything that will rid us of these idiots and their foul language, litter and general stupidity.
 
 
On 7 May 2008 at 11:39am nevill boys wrote:
i think its pretty harsh to call us tw*ts and chavs because we like our cars,if its that much of a problem find somewhere else for us to go?were not out to annoy people with the cars its not our fault people are offended by sad people who have nothing better to do except sit at there windows and phone the police whenever a car drives past.oh and by the way i DONT own the cinqecento anymore so stop moaning about it!!!!!!!
 
 
On 7 May 2008 at 12:07pm Nevill Newby wrote:
Several points Nevill Boys..
we all have better things to do than sit there at windows
my point was the speed people drive through the estate.
and the exhausts that wake kids through double glazed windows.
do you think its fair to let small children sleep with windows closed in summer because exhust pipes are too loud and wake them. and my children jumping for there life as cars drive like twats this may not be you but the driver of the said saxo and both the cinqecento mentioned in this forum
drive like twats proof seen and heard with my own eyes and ears. we dont mind people doing up there cars I think some cars look great but we object to the language that comes out of the mouths of some of the car owners right by the playground aLL we want is to live on a estate that is safe for our kids and not hear profanity when they learn and play simple abide the last few bits and we will all get on happy ignore and we will continue.
 
 
On 7 May 2008 at 1:41pm Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
Nevill Boy - you seem to miss the point. Noone has a problem with you owning a car. The problems are 1) the dangerous way that the cars are driven around the estate, and elsewhere, the volume of the exhaust pipes and the speakers, 2) the group of foul mouthed youths hanging around the cars parked around Nevill Green, standing in the way of traffic, using foul language in full earshot of my 6 year old and other kids playing in the playground and being abusive to other road users. Last night one of them deliberately stood in the way of an oncoming car, and then shouted c*** at the driver when they tried to get past !, 3) the state that the road is left in scattered with empty red bull cans, and general rubbish dropped by these idiots, spray paint on the pavement, lamp-posts and road signs. So, Nevill Boy, it is completely fair, if you are one of these people, to call you a tw@t and a chav. If you love your cars so much, use them for what they are designed for - ie get in them and drive as far away as possible and find your own entertainment instead of coming out with the usual pathetic whinge of 'you find us something to do'. Everyone else living on the estate seems to be able to manage it.
 
 
On 7 May 2008 at 9:02pm less.concerned.of.lewes wrote:
Just noticed these threads and thought I was in hang ?em and flog ?em territory like Texas or something ? not cuddly Lewes. Perhaps it's just a case of reading too much Daily Hate Mail. Or an overdose of focaccia bread, sundried tomatoes with a bit of class hatred bunged in for good measure. Why else use the word Chav if you are not being derogatory? If you don't like people unless their middle class then just be honest about it, please.
And are you really trying to suggest that the solution to disagreements between neighbours is best resolved by resorting to violent threats? Did you realise that the remarks on this page could be viewed as incitement to violence? Now who's committing the crime? Have any of you actually bothered to talk to the people concerned?
I mean, Nevill Newby, your post said: "there is some references to people putting knifes through tyres etc I for one cant agree to this as it only pushes up my insurance along with every other person in the uk." Is that really the only consequence you can think of when it comes to taking the law into your own hands with a knife? Vigilantism will get you nowhere when it comes to tackling what would have been your very justified concerns. If you only you had not intellectually debased your argument with crass stupidity.
OK. So noisy cars can be a nightmare. And who wants people speeding around like nutters when your kids are trying to play? It's lovely to get a decent nights kip with the window open in peace without some loud exhaust bellowing out. I don't think anyone is denying that there's a problem here ? but such a red neck response is shortsighted at best and plain ignorant at worse.
So next time you twitch your curtains from your right to buy council house stacked to the roof with goodies from Waitrose - remember that a third of children in the UK grow up in poverty. And the consequences of being skint? Boredom. And the consequences of boredom? Well they've been pretty well summed up here I think.
It's our community and our responsibility to work together to put things right. The attitudes here will only serve to divide the local neighbourhood until those with the most power ? the middle class ? finally get rid of the people that the houses here were actually built for ? people on low incomes. I tell you what cars annoy me most - people movers driven by middle class parents doing the school run. Why don't you walk? Green credentials my arse. Now where's that knife, Nevill Newby?
 
 
On 7 May 2008 at 9:24pm ABC wrote:
Well said...........................................................
 
 
On 7 May 2008 at 9:27pm lopster wrote:
hear hear - l-c-of-lewes, only one gripe with your wordage - I bowed to public pressure after 15 years of 4x4 driving (5 cars) to transport 5 people and a dog in, I caved in and bought an MPV - can't win can I - how about 4 Smart cars and three towbars next - oh maybe a fifth one too to put half-a-dozen carrier bags (re-used of course) of locally produced organic fare
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 9:36am YELLOW wrote:
Firstly these two cinquecento's u lot keep complaining about, well one of them isnt even a cinquento i suppose you cant work it out seing as someone took the badge off the back. Oh and btw (by the way) who let TWO of our tyres down! like thats gunna stop the exhaust noise,
nevill newby wrote proof seen with my own eyes and ears...
so what is this proof?
I am presuming u dont live anywhere near where we park otherwise you would realise that the filth(police) are always sneaking up on us and genraly being more annoying than even u lot!!! its fine tho cos there is nothing they can do!
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 9:42am rosie wrote:
I love the two yellow cinquentos and that blue saxo they are cool
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 9:48am Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
Quite agree with most of what you say 'Less Concerned of Lewes', particularly in respect of taking the law into your own hands. Have to disagree on some points though. I live on the Nevill estate. I do not have a 'right to buy' council house, I had to pay the market rate for mine. I do accept that a lot of the houyses on the estate were however designed for those on a lower income and that is fair enough. I have friends who have lived in council properties for this very reason, and I have never seen any of them, or their children, behaving in the way that the Nevill Green lot do. I came from a working class family myself, but when i was their age I could not afford to drive around in a car like they have, so when you talk about the consequences of being skint I dont think that applies to these people either - if they can afford cars, they can afford to go and do something to alleviate their boredom. Even if they were skint and bored, does that make threatening and abusive behaviour acceptable ? Does it make it ok to litter the streets with rubbish, and spray paint over everything ? Does it make it OK to use such foul language at such volume in the presence of young children ? You obviously do not live near these people, and to excuse their behaviour on the gounds that they are skint and therefore bored is quite simply ridiculous. I am skint, because virtually all of my income goes on paying for and maintaining my non right to buy house for my family to live in. I dont have money to buy stuff from waitrose, I have very little disposable income (unlike the people we are talking about) and have to live on a tight budget. I cant afford a new car, or to smoke. These kids can !. Furthermore I dont feel the need to behave the way that they do. Finally, in your post you are talking about people on low incomes in general, hence what you say is generally true. However that is not the point of this thread. We are talking about very particular people. I dont know whether they are all on low incomes, I just know that some of them live at no. 1 Nevill Green (the worst offender I am sure doesnt live there). Whatever their background, class, or financial position however, they are not pleasant people to live near, and there is no excuse for the way they behave. Its interesting though. There are council properties in places like Paddock Road in the town. If these kids congregated there and behaved like this, I am sure something would be done about it pretty sharpish.
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 11:41am nevill boys wrote:
i wonder who slashed my tires the other day??someone whos given up looking through there curtains and now want to do something about it,well done it was the most pointless thing ever because it just makes things worse,come out and say something if your that bothered about us otherwise stop moaning to the police all the time.oh and by the way the police cant do anything about the cars because there always legal!!!
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 12:03pm nevill boys wrote:
jsut because weve got cars it dosnt mean were loaded!
we all get our cars cheap and do them up as cheap as possible,i know we aint the best behaved people ever but if we didnt have the cars we would be a lot worse,so ill say it AGAIN,if you have a problem with us come and talk to us about it n we would move or shut up!!oh and i dont think its fair to put peoples addresses on the internet when you all hide behind your usernames on here!!!!
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 12:05pm nevill boys wrote:
your right i want proof too!!!!
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 1:10pm Mushroom wrote:
Well done Neville Boys for replying. You seem to be quite mature about this and now people have a chance to have some dialogue with you, although Yellow seems to be a little more defensive. Hopefully some of the people on this forum who live near you will be more prepared to come over and talk to you and everyone can be a little more grown up. (I am not be self righteous and holier than thou as I would probably act in the same way because I try to avoid direct confrontation and don't like to get a mouthful back, we are all just a little scared sometimes.)
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 1:48pm Respectable citizen of Lewes wrote:
Rosie....you are brainless bimbo if you are impressed by equally brainless spotty layabout youths with embarrassing done up cheapo cars and the language skills of a lobotomized chimp..
I bet they are just loving all the fuss over their sad dumb antics....
 
 
On 8 May 2008 at 2:49pm rosie wrote:
Just because you are stuck in some sad life with some fat louzy husband with a crappy deskjob while u are stuck at home looking after 2 or 3 little kids who are without a doubt gunna end up 10 times worse than any of the people you are complaining about so i dont believe you have any right to call me a bimbo!!!!! and if you actually paid any attention some of those cars are very nice!
rosie
 
1
On 8 May 2008 at 4:23pm Lewey from Lewes wrote:
Rosie I suggest you pull down your panties and flick the bean.
1
 
On 8 May 2008 at 5:06pm Henry Kissinger wrote:
OK Nevill Boys, it is very good of you to get into a discussion about it, and honest enough to admit that you are not the best behaved, so will put this to you politely and very nicely. People would say something to you, but it is intimidating for a person on their own to approach a group of youths like you. Will you please drive your cars to somewher less public - a lay by somewhere would do, you wouldnt have to even drive far. Then you are away from your neighbours and from young children and their parents. You can stand around in the road, rev your engines, play music, swear, drink, spray paint on things, drop litter etc.. to your hearts content. After all, did you buy your cars and do them up just to park them up on Nevill Green ? I doubt it. As for the language, I dont think its the car owners who are the worst culprits - its the younger one who hangs around with you - probably too young to drive - but old enough to think he is cool by shouting and swearing every other word and smoking his roll ups. He is giving you a bad name as much as anything. OK, I have been diplomatic, I haven't slagged you off or anything, so show us that you can be both reasonable and respectful too. I am sure you dont like people talking about you on here like they have been, so you will be doing yourselves a favour as well.
 
 
On 15 May 2008 at 10:07pm Neville Girl wrote:
haha rosie!!! :L
seriously, you lot should go and spend your time on something better than this. it's pretty funny seeing how pathetic your being about it. okay yeah cars are driving fast, but its not just teenagers. ive seen plenty of adults and older people driving waaaayy to fast around neville. and, c'mon what teenagers don't swear? your not going to stop anyone swearing. and whats the point in stopping your kids from hearing it now cos they're only going to turn into exactly what your complaining about now.
 
 
On 19 May 2008 at 5:22pm Nevill Boys backup!! wrote:
Seriously, who are the sad tw@ts here? Your the only ones with nothing better to do.
Do you really think that its only Lewes who has modified cars? Your not that special... Everywhere has them, its a fact of life, anywhere you go will have modified cars.
Its not a clapped out exhaust, they cost around 500 for a full system, not something a lazy layabout would be able to afford... Shows that they actually do have jobs.
They dont go round causing trouble, i happen to see them quite a bit and all we do is park up and chat... Which is what most people with modded cars do, wherever you live.
Your moaning about the house on the corner, saying its scum ect... Most of you obviously live there too or you wouldnt know they cause trouble, so your all scum too!
You want to consider the other grown children who use the park on a regular basis, ive seen them drinking, swearing and shouting a lot more than anyone else... None of them are over 16. One day your children will all do the same.
And as for the criminal damage you are causing to their cars... Is that fair? More to the point, is it going to solve anything... NO.
Not forgetting the fact it is actually ILLEGAL.
 
1
On 10 Jun 2008 at 6:25pm concerned person wrote:
dear people
i have read the coments that you hav left and im utterly disgusted with the way you talk about these young adults.
i have repeativly seen and luckly heard this vehical coming every day for the past five months, i am pleased with the noise as it makes it easier for eldaly people like myself to avoid the on coming traffic and find that the larger cars filled with children are the ones that speed around our estate {Nevill} i have also noted that although loud this car does not ever speed. as a grandfather i feel that people should concider what they say about the next generation as all of us at one point or another in our lives will have to deal with teenagers and their entertainment and should take more time in setting good examples than critisising them.
 
 
On 28 Jan 2009 at 2:42pm BillyBobJones wrote:
yeah i know the twats! amost everybody in nevill i know hears their retarded little engines reving up and poping as they drive by, its hard not to just go down there with a few mates and give them a good kick in!, but we'll give the police some time to gather evidence and kick these junkies out of town, phew! now i got that off my chest i feel alot better
 
 
On 28 Jan 2009 at 5:01pm Nevil Resident wrote:
I agree with BillyBobJones, I've lived in Nevil for the past 5 years and have heard/seen the CHAV'S everyone is complaining at. The polics have had enough time to sort it but they have done nothing. I work 7 to 7, when I get home all I can hear when I'm trying to relax is the music and car's of these CHAV'S. Something has to be done......who's with me??
I know most of them dont live at No. 1, so I think get the people from No. 1 out and the problem will stop?!
I used to see people playing in the park and kid's enjoying themselev's in the park, now they cant/wont go there due to broken glass/threats/violence etc
I think with them gone it'll be better for everyone.


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Lewes Twitten 89:132
Lewes Twitten

such a bent protest more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams