Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Trevor Arms

On 19 Jul 2011 at 7:11pm Rods Tiger wrote:
Can anyone tell me the current state of play at the Trevor, thinking of walking to Glynde with a couple of friends on Thursday and wondered what t was like these days.
I am assuming that the guys from the Snow Drop haven't taken it yet and that Harvey's still have a manager in there. Is it open ? Is the food ok ? grateful for any comments. Thanks

On 20 Jul 2011 at 7:32am Rambler wrote:
I called in there on a friday lunchtime a few weeks ago while on a walk. Beer was fine, however food left a lot to be desired. OK, I only had a cheese sandwich and a bowl of chips but the sandwich was made with the thinnest of white soggy bread with a scant covering of cheese and the chips were like fried matchsticks. What's wrong with doorsteps and a decent filling?

On 20 Jul 2011 at 7:56am #Ringmer_Man wrote:
Popped in a couple of weeks ago for lunch. The ale was good and fresh, the welcome was warm and the selection of bar snacks we had were quite tasty, but we did not have a cheese sandwich and chips. The folk from the Snowdrop are actually the folk from the Hop Poles in Brighton. I may have been informed incorrectly but was told the they were not now taking it on. I would be glad to be told other wise as the Snow Drop is now well back on the map.
On 20 Jul 2011 at 8:49am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I went over there in the spring. My partner had a roast, I had sauasage and mash and they were both rubbish. The roast was like that stuff bought inready sliced in a foil tray with starchy gravy and the veg were cooked to mush, the sausages were cheap and nasty and the mash was watery and very like instant mash.
Not really relevant as the food was so poor, but the portions were small to - nothiing like the big dinners you used to get in Pete and Dick's day.
We won't be going again until it's under new management. I really wish the Snowdrop people would take it on, their food is terrific.

On 20 Jul 2011 at 9:41am Cliffite wrote:
and The Eagle and Cooper's Cask pubs in Brighton too if I am not mistaken. All great pubs for food

On 20 Jul 2011 at 10:08am ADT wrote:
It's always a disappointment after a nice walk over the downs. In my opinion

On 20 Jul 2011 at 10:37am Rods Tiger wrote:
Hmm, thanks all for your comments. Might have to think about walking to somewhere else.

On 20 Jul 2011 at 10:56am Rambler wrote:
Not sure what the Juggs at Kingston is like these days - it always used to be popular and is an easy walk from Lewes.
My favourite is the laughing Fish at Isfield. Always friendly and value for money. It is a bit further to walk though!

On 20 Jul 2011 at 5:45pm Burd wrote:
The Juggs at Kingston is definately good for food, a nice pub too, and watch your head when you walk through the door if you are over 5 foot tall!

On 20 Jul 2011 at 7:52pm hi ho wrote:
At best I would give the Jugg's an ok for its food. Nice beer but the food slips too easily into the 15 quid for a fairly standard bit of pub grub category for me. You find this type of country pub all over Sussex that produces ok food for slightly more than you wish to pay for it. You don't come away thinking you were done over but you do feel you could have done better.
That's the Jugg's for me. When you can get a better cooked, more imaginative meal in the snowdrop for half the cost I can't help thinking it isn't worth the money.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Torchlit 126:132
Torchlit

Hi. Has anyone been camping at Blackberry wood? I've booked with a small group for next month but am reading conflicting info on... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy