Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Travellers on Ringmer Green Episode 2

On 6 Aug 2018 at 9:41pm Mackie1962 wrote:
It looks like there are more travellers invading Ringmer Green.
Why can't or won't the police do anything?
The last lot left a right mess (literally) and smeared it over the children's playground.
The residents have had to put up with a load of ag apparently.
Do these folk now have more rights than the locals?
Staggered that this is allowed.
On 6 Aug 2018 at 9:43pm You're All Thinking It wrote:
As so many ex-Lewes people have moved to Ringmer, you'd think they'd sort it out bonfire style wouldn't you?
On 6 Aug 2018 at 9:54pm Mackie1962 wrote:
With all the publicly funded sites provided there really is no excuse.
It looks like the police just don't care.
Maybe they don't...
On 6 Aug 2018 at 10:05pm Informedcynic wrote:
I understand that the necessary officers are either on leave, on a course, or off sick!!
On 6 Aug 2018 at 10:11pm Chips wrote:
Police were there at 6 pm t o talk to the travellers. You are a bunch of racist nimby facist superior hate filled idiots. Hope you drown on your preconceptions.
On 6 Aug 2018 at 10:33pm Mackie1962 wrote:
Could you endeavour to explain the reasoning behind your statement? Were you one of the officers in attendance this evening?
Is it possible that the intellectual argument has been lost and you've got nothing more to say?
On 6 Aug 2018 at 10:45pm @chips wrote:
Chips, could you drop your address on here so that someone can pop it over to them tomorrow so they know where to go next.
On 6 Aug 2018 at 10:59pm Retired Colonel wrote:
@Chips - A few weeks ago, the travellers left the green in a mess, urinating in the children's playground and leaving rubbish and excrement behind. They also stole from McColls and assaulted one of the members of staff, so I don't think you can accuse anyone of having preconceptions. Indeed, the one person with preconceptions is you, assuming that people's reasons for not welcoming the travellers are rooted in bigotry rather than experience.
On 6 Aug 2018 at 11:04pm Chips wrote:
Yes, it's no where to go avenue, surrounded by landowners street, persecuted Road, nimbyism cul-de-sac. Ringmer, talk to your visitors, you,may learn that your Cr@p village ain't the center of the universe
On 6 Aug 2018 at 11:30pm Retired Colonel wrote:
@Chips - I don't think anyone thinks Ringmer is the centre of the universe. You're talking nonsense. Are you a) trolling b) genuinely stupid c) under the influence of intoxicating substances or d) all three?
On 7 Aug 2018 at 7:05am Nancy wrote:
Trespass is a civil law so has to be enforced by the courts. I'd have thought grown-ups would know this.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 7:37am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Gypsies and Irish travellers are a protected group under discrimination legislation.
Some of the posts on here are straying very close to hate speech.
Just saying.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 8:18am Ted wrote:
Annette get back on your fluffy cloud. I hope they break into your garage and steel all your tools it really isn't a nice feeling
On 7 Aug 2018 at 8:40am inthegutter wrote:
@ACT I think several of them haven't just strayed close, they've downright crossed the line and left it in the dust (e.g. C 18).
On 7 Aug 2018 at 8:51am Just Saying wrote:
@Nancy, trespass is civil, but contrary to what you're saying police do have the power to help land owners remove offenders from the land (no court is needed). Aggravated trespass is a criminal offence, so if they're trespassing and stop others from doing their activities in the same area they are committing a criminal offence, I thought all grown ups knew this?
@Ted, do you mean "steal"? (karma is a biatch Ted, let's hope what you're wishing on others doesn't happen to you...)
Maybe someone should email Maria, according to the posts last time she single handily sorted this out?
And considering it was only a few weeks ago this last happened maybe ask Maria to get access blocked (got to be cheaper than constantly policing this and the clean-ups)?
On 7 Aug 2018 at 8:54am Hugh Jazz wrote:
People should be more tolerant of these lovely folk. Personally I love excrement be smeared over the play park, my neighbours possessions being stolen, shops being looted; oh and seeing a 70 year old pensioner kicked for being so rude in asking them to stop vandalising a defibrillator (how dare she). We need to be far more tolerant to this charming, caring, law abiding traveller community.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 9:06am Ted wrote:
Just saying sorry about the spelling but it's hard to text and drive up the fast lane of the m23, it's OK now I'm in traffic on the 25 now
On 7 Aug 2018 at 9:07am Ringmer Peasant wrote:
The last batch of travellers did commit a good number of crimes while in residence on the Green. They included theft, assault, fraud, threatening behaviour and causing criminal damage. They could all have been considered as hate crimes, as in every case the fact that the perpetrators were motivated by themselves belonging to one racial group and the victims belonging to a different ethnic group was a key factor. However, Sussex police appear uninterested in such hate crimes, showing no interest in collecting statements from victims, and very little interest in turning up from their HQ two miles away to help women and children being actively threatened. Any comments Maria, or whoever our Crime Commissioner is?
That said, the new vans are occupied by different people, who are not responsible for what their predecessors did. Judge them by their own actions.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 9:26am inthegutter wrote:
@RingmerPeasant It is true that they did commit crimes and that they should be punished according to the law. However, I think you're stretching the definition of hate crime to make your point quite significantly.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 10:15am Just Saying wrote:
@Ted, thumbs up from me
On 7 Aug 2018 at 11:02am Tinker wrote:
They stole £3000 worth of tools from my business a few years ago.
That turned me into the bitter racist I am now.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 11:43am Mackie1962 wrote:
Why does raising concern about a group of people(who shouldn't be there) suddenly attract the label "racist"?
It really is rather sad and pathetic.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 2:01pm Didd Le Coi wrote:
Irish tinkers - the worst of the worst. And it'll get worse after Brexit.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 2:15pm P.c john wrote:
I wish the do folders wood fu#k off out of lewes.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 2:34pm The Right Is Right wrote:
@Didd Le Coi,
Or It might get better as we won't be hamstrung by the soppy EU laws on dealing with the traveling wastrels.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 4:05pm do folders wood ? wrote:
is that near Ringmer ?
On 7 Aug 2018 at 4:11pm @Do Folders Wood ? wrote:
Yes! The correct pronunciation is Dew Fawlders Wood.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 5:19pm Harriet wrote:
I have been keeping an open mind. I haven't spoken to them personally and so I was reserving judgement.
However, I've just walked over the green and they have pulled up the water cover thing in the ground to expose some under ground water pipes, I don't know what they've done but the water is jetting up in to the air like a fountain and they're filling up buckets of water and their kids are playing in the water. These water pipes supply water to the houses on the edge of the green and to the cricket club, and they are siphoning it off, in broad daylight, in the middle of the green. In other words, they blatantly couldn't care less whose water supply they've hacked in to.
Then I went to the scout hall and was informed that last night they pulled the public defibrillator off the wall and have damaged it.
I have very quickly stopped reserving judgement on them now.
Should I call the police, or will they not care about them syphoning off water?
We're all on water meters round here, so that means they're stealing someone's water supply that they will have to pay for, but will the police care?
I don't know who to inform.
I was going to go over and confront them, but an elderly chap who was watching them told me he'd just gone over to ask them what they were doing and they gave him a load of verbal abuse, so I didn't bother as I wasn't in the mood for getting verbally abused.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 5:43pm Englishman wrote:
@Ringmer Peasant. So, the new squatters are different people. But they are still taking the mickey out of our established civilisation; and will no doubt also fly-tip and (hopefully not) use the childrens playground as a latrine.
They should be removed now.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 5:46pm I wish I wuz in wrote:
Dew Folders Wood, for there tis where an old oak stood. An agin that oak my love and I did carve our names, so should un die. T'other could go to there and cry.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 6:38pm @Harriet wrote:
If you live in Ringmer & saw the last problems why did you think it wouldn't happen again? I must admit I don't know much about Maria C, but fair play she sorted the issue last time if I'm not mistaken. In my experience its best to give "traveller's" a wide birth. Then try to get authorities to uphold law's.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 6:38pm Peg Sellar wrote:
Seriously......everyone aware of any criminal doings must report them to the police. Waste of time? Probably...but they are not acting at the moment due to lack of complaints (so I am well informed). It only takes 5 minutes to do on line. Also have the water board been informed?
On 7 Aug 2018 at 7:19pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Lots of people on here defending people well known and well documented for invading land that isn't theirs, setting up camp, leaving behind all manner of filth, causing the people of the area aggravation and distress, theft etc etc etc.
It happens all over the country and is a matter of record unless everyone is lying and the films and various other recordings are faked.
To those of you that think these awful people are so nice perhaps you'd allow me to pop over to your house and sh*t on your lawn - then wait for you to say how nice
On 7 Aug 2018 at 8:17pm Harriet wrote:
We weren't here when they came a few weeks ago, we were on holiday at the time. I heard about it when we returned but missed the whole furore at the time.
Anyway, since posting I have informed the police and the water company.
Both took details but didn't provide any information regarding what they would do.
On 7 Aug 2018 at 11:53pm Village Victims wrote:
For anyone who believes these humans ? Are nice people , please feel free to pop up the Childrenís Play Area on the Green . Itís the middle of the Summer holiday covered in human excrement , please feel free to clear it up for all these poor unfortunate people ? Oh and donít have a heart attack as they smashed up the Village defibrillator , oh and why they were doing that an elderly lady tried to intervene and their children attached her encouraged by the Adults !! And yes this is all true. Looking forward to the distinct lack of support from Police and European/English Law over the next few days .
On 8 Aug 2018 at 8:22am Who wrote:
Where is the cricket team when you need them. A few overs of well bowled googlies would be persuasive, probably wouldn't even have a need to go into bat.
On 8 Aug 2018 at 9:11am Boycott wrote:
Yes, about 10 good bowlers with lots of real cricket balls. Don't smash the windscreen but just keep up a steady battering of the vans.
That should see them on their way.
Why are men so weak these days?
On 8 Aug 2018 at 12:38pm Ditch digger wrote:
Dear Parrish council I would hire a mini digger or maybe a local builder will lend one for a day , simply dig a trench around the perimeter use the spoils to make a bank to the side of the trench , cheap , easy , and impossible to tow your house over it

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Lewes Clouds 66:142
Lewes Clouds

Tisn't free. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right
Paul