Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Transport Minister

On 14 Nov 2011 at 8:42pm Paul Newman wrote:
Transport Minister Mr Baker explained: ‚??When I arrived at Lewes Station, I found to my dismay that engineering works meant there were no trains to Seaford, although the day before the station had only been warning of engineering works between Bexhill and Ashford.
‚??I then went out to take the rail replacement bus only to find it had broken down and the rail replacement bus itself would have to be replaced by a bus replacement bus!
‚??I couldn‚??t even drive to Seaford as my wife had taken the car.
‚??I am sorry to disappoint my regular listeners but, Southern willing, I will be back next Sunday at 10am as usual.‚?Ě
Got to say that whilst I loathe Baker`s pinko politics I do rate him for taking the train and getting stuck like anyone else.

On 14 Nov 2011 at 9:46pm Old Cynic wrote:
Is that what is known as a back handed compliment?
On 14 Nov 2011 at 10:09pm Normans Wisdom wrote:
Norman's a real diamond geezer.

On 14 Nov 2011 at 10:28pm Yellow wrote:
Pinko politics? You should stop reading the Daily Mail Paul. It's making you simple.

On 15 Nov 2011 at 9:15am Lewes Lady. wrote:
Chill out and let go of your one sided, entrenched views.
I saw Norman on Sunday 6th walking passed WHSmith. He seemed much taller than he looks on the tele...but sadly he is just as ugly.

On 15 Nov 2011 at 9:32am Bloke wrote:
Taxi for Mr Baker? as the replacement service was not functioning he could have got as refund too.

BTW There was a round on Only Connect last night - "Things that are carcinogenic according to the Daily Mail" - included Facebook, till receipts and grapefruit.

On 15 Nov 2011 at 10:05am Dingo wrote:
Baker is the despicable tory lap dog that is overseeing the horrendous price rise we are about to experience in January.The man is utterly contemptible.

On 15 Nov 2011 at 10:16am expat two wrote:
Bloke - for an exhaustive list of what the Daily Mail thinks can cause/prevent cancer...

Check it out here »

On 15 Nov 2011 at 10:18am expat two wrote:
why no link?

Check it out here »

On 15 Nov 2011 at 10:30am brixtonbelle wrote:
Baker also expostulating about Westminster introducing all night parking charges yesterday. (See Evening Standard) Shame he doesn't tackle the scheme in his own backyard....

On 15 Nov 2011 at 11:49am Dan wrote:
He has tried

On 15 Nov 2011 at 3:06pm Dingo wrote:
Only following orders is he?Despicable collaborator.

On 15 Nov 2011 at 5:14pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Yellow and LL - thanks for the laugh! I've had a trying day and needed that.

On 15 Nov 2011 at 7:41pm mickyboy wrote:
stormin norman used to regularly visit my grandmother out at ringmer many years ago , my gran always thought he was down to earth, honest and sincere, qualities that she said would hinder him if he ever became an MP she certainly never thought he was ugly but there again she was a Lady from Ringmer, not a Lewes Lady

On 15 Nov 2011 at 7:59pm Dan Druff wrote:
When did your Gran become senile?

On 15 Nov 2011 at 8:27pm Paul Newman wrote:
I have heard various unsolicited testimonies to Norman Baker going right out of his way to help people. Not my kind of thing politically but a decent man.
On 15 Nov 2011 at 8:51pm Dingo wrote:
A recommendation from you Paul in most peoples opinion, must surely be the kiss of death for Mister Baker at the next election.Baker is a spineless buffoon without a pricipled bone in his body, end of story.
On 15 Nov 2011 at 11:08pm Yawn.... wrote:
I an willing to bet he's a better man than you Dingo, and in every way possible.

On 16 Nov 2011 at 5:08pm Dingo wrote:
I`m a much better man than Baker in every conceivable way Yawn ,but that really wouldn`t be difficult would it!Are you his agent by the way,or just another stinking Lib dem?

On 17 Nov 2011 at 10:20am C#m7 wrote:
Just remind what this fine upstanding fellow's position was on tuition fees before he became a minister? And his line on banking bonuses? And his line on NHS reforms? He is a collaborator who ditches his professed principles for the status of office, like all Lib Dems in the government.
Lest we forget!

On 18 Nov 2011 at 6:12am Dingo wrote:
Baker is the same oily reptile that supported the selling off of our forests till his Tory masters changed their minds and the he suddenly becane opposed to the wholer idea.This is the same toad that thinks that the 12%hike in railfares in January is fully justified.What did the partisans do with collaborators after World War 11?

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

A Lewes Penny 1:132
A Lewes Penny

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine