Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Trains

On 18 Jan 2016 at 8:34pm Country Boy wrote:
Never really been a fan of Maria Caulfield but she certainly stuck her head above the parapet tonight. On BBC she was critical of the Rail Minister, Claire Perry and scathing of both Southern and Network Rail. She demanded that Southern actually deliver its franchise commitments and said that the new franchise was too big! She clearly understood the frustration felt by rail passengers and said while she didn't previously support re-nationalisation she wouldn't now rule anything out.
On 18 Jan 2016 at 9:55pm Red Ken wrote:
It's about time she got her Tory snout out of the trough and did something for her constituents rather than herself.
On 19 Jan 2016 at 6:56am Phfellow2004 wrote:
Since being elected last year, Maria Caulfileld seems to have spoken up for Lewes constantly, aiming to deliver precisely what she promised.The problems facing our local railway network were near to the top of her list and so I hope she keeps the pressure up on behalf of our commuters. Quite a refreshing change from her predecessor!
On 19 Jan 2016 at 9:52am Normans Wisdom wrote:
You must be joking. Maria Caulfield is about as active as a shop mannequin compared to our Norman.

On 19 Jan 2016 at 3:28pm belladonna wrote:
I have to admit I was surprised as well. Pleasantly. Whether it will have any effect is another matter, Who knows if she is doing anything behind the angry facade - is it all bluster ?

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Landport bound 52:132
Landport bound

We (the kondoms) are still regularly murdering cherished songs we grew up with! Few gigs lined up this year still to go and 5 or... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy