Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Train delays - again

On 17 Feb 2012 at 6:26pm Commuter wrote:
I had a day off today but see there are delays of 60 mins on the London Line due to a power supply failure. These infrastructure failures seem to be occurring at an increasing rate and suggest that either the basic maintenance is not being done or the equipment is knackered. I hope that Norman Baker is knocking on Network Rail's door to get some answers.
On 17 Feb 2012 at 10:12pm Not Interested wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On 17 Feb 2012 at 11:07pm simon wrote:
More interestingly I noticed that the 13:52 Bedford to Abergavenny substitute service diesel electric locomotive that passed through Glynde at 15.27 hours drawing 6 coaches instead of it's usual (and timetabled) 8 coaches was not in fact the number 143 but was in fact the number 647. Not only this but it had a quite distinctive livery which I think was updated in 2009 and certainly predated the latterly introduced coachwork. I think it still bore the anti-macassars in 1st class but it was difficult to be sure as it sped on it's way. I think the upholstery may have matched the tartan of my flask though...

On 18 Feb 2012 at 12:03pm Mme B wrote:
Webbo, can you please find my post, which failed to appear. It is a bit long to have to compose again.

On 18 Feb 2012 at 5:07pm Observer wrote:
Mine also failed to appear.

On 18 Feb 2012 at 5:09pm pedant wrote:
Simon - it's - means - it is -. Otherwise mildly amusing.

On 18 Feb 2012 at 6:18pm simon wrote:
I knew I should've spent more time at school and not trackside with fellow spotters. Surely you must have been among them Pedant ?

On 18 Feb 2012 at 6:22pm simon wrote:
@Mme B and Observer, I think Webbo has new software which scans each post to see if anything of any merit or interest is being said. Luckily its never happened to me but I suspect Ed Can't Do gets quite frustrated. Paul Newman seems to have a way round the filter...

On 18 Feb 2012 at 7:13pm Observer wrote:
Can I just say, Webbo, that I don't like these new adverts that literally intrude and obscure postings.

On 18 Feb 2012 at 7:42pm Webbo wrote:
Which ones?

On 19 Feb 2012 at 10:08am Observer wrote:
Thankyou Webbo, they've gone now.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde