Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Town photographic exhibition

On 6 Oct 2014 at 2:27pm Imogen wrote:
many of the shops in The High Street are exhibiting photos from Reeves' collection of the town in days of yore. Nicely done, interesting, and thank you to all who made it happen.
However there is a cardboard box in the window of The Fifteenth Century Bookshop stating that they weren't invited to participate.
What's the story here?

On 6 Oct 2014 at 3:31pm Mrs Patmore wrote:
i saw that and was curious….
the light boxes do look great along the high street.
On 6 Oct 2014 at 3:49pm Francis Frith wrote:
Be damned if I know
On 6 Oct 2014 at 5:11pm Historian wrote:
maybe they just didn't have any 15thC photographs for some weird reason ! It's unbelievable I know, but nevertheless.

On 6 Oct 2014 at 7:07pm Jan wrote:
Any chance there might be a book of all of these ?
On 6 Oct 2014 at 10:40pm Voyeur wrote:
Where?

On 7 Oct 2014 at 10:13am Nobby wrote:
You are awful

On 8 Oct 2014 at 11:17am guido wrote:
Oh the 15th century bookshop isn't bitter about not being involed much.

On 9 Oct 2014 at 2:58pm belladonna wrote:
There is apparently some antagonism between Reeves and the bookshop, based on the fact that the 15c bookshop owner is pretty unhelpful to most customers and refuses to get involved in town events. So Reeves has previously asked them to be involved in other projects but was turned down or got no response so didn't bother to ask this time round.
I've stopped going in the 15c bookshop because she is just so rude.
Great to see all the lightboxes and also good to go into Reeves itself and see their archives.
Can anyone tell me why the houses by St Thomas church Cliffe were knocked down - its now a car park....(Like Westgate)

On 13 Oct 2014 at 8:54am David wrote:
The web site is really good as well. Excellent matching of the old photos with new ones.

Check it out here »

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Tiled House 86:132
Lewes Tiled House

Classic reply Tom. No evidence of having read my post, understood it or made any attempt to respond to it. Didn't I make the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine