frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Town Hall fire alarm ignored

On 13 Sep 2018 at 5:37pm MG wrote:
Shortly before 3:30 this afternoon the fire alarm in Lewes Town Hall went off, and the users evacuated the build as they should. The alarm is supposedly connected directly to the Fire Station (3 minutes drive away), and probably to an alarm company also. By twenty minutes later there had been no response from East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service, although I gather the town hall staff had even tried a 999 call. Fortunately it seems to have been a false alarm, but if there had been a real fire a major public listed building and probably other buildings in that block would have been lost.
What do the ESFRS think they are playing at?
On 13 Sep 2018 at 7:00pm Just me wrote:
Could it have been a fire evacuation? Most commercial buildings will be required to have evacuation drills every 12 months so maybe the fire brigade was warned of it? Unless you are conducting the drill you wouldn’t be warned of it happening
On 13 Sep 2018 at 9:02pm Local wrote:
Why not ask them about the facts, MG, instead of scaremongering with your mock outrage on here?
On 14 Sep 2018 at 5:59am MG wrote:
@just me - the town council staff were just as surprised and annoyed as the users, as it fell to them to ascertain whether there really was a fire where their console said it was.
@Local - The facts are as I stated. The cause is as yet unknown. it's for the Town Council to pursue, not the users. But if they'd got no response to a 999, what chance do you you think a third party would have of a sensible response?
On 14 Sep 2018 at 12:54pm About as much chance as wrote:
a sensible response on here . LOL
On 14 Sep 2018 at 1:19pm Shuttle cock wrote:
They were probably too busy playing badminton down the fire station, their quite partial to a knock up.
On 14 Sep 2018 at 6:57pm Cripple cock wrote:
They're not going to bother with you.

On 15 Sep 2018 at 8:11am Pedant wrote:
There's another one.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

One of each 95:132
One of each

Motorists expectations need to be reduced. The idea that you should be able to drive everywhere at 60mph is unrealistic and they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams