Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tonight's Hustings

On 8 Apr 2015 at 5:32pm Lewes Hustings 2015 wrote:
If you would like to watch tonight's Lewes Hustings live online, we are hoping to stream the event. The link should appear via our Twitter account at 7.30pm. Follow @Hustings2015
On 8 Apr 2015 at 9:44pm Richard wrote:
Who on earth thought Marina Pepper was a good candidate for chair?
On 8 Apr 2015 at 10:11pm Phfellow2004 wrote:
Yes, Marina Pepper was absolutely appalling as Chairman of the Meeting. In terms of balance, she had no control over the Green and Labour Candidates who were allowed far to much time with their ramblings and, as for the UKIP Candidate, he was a complete waste of time and deserves not a single vote!
On 8 Apr 2015 at 10:27pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Same thoughts as Phfellow2004. She pulled her silly face throughout the debate and played to the Labour/Green young boys family in the audience. I came away with a choice of Lib or Con having ruled out my vote for Ukip (Who didn't seemed bothered about being there.)
On 8 Apr 2015 at 10:51pm Voter wrote:
Marina Pepper as Chair.
and local politicians wonder why they have trouble getting our respect.
On 8 Apr 2015 at 11:29pm Lewes Hustings 2015 wrote:
Much of the feedback we had tonight was good and the debates had this evening should have at least given the audience a glimpse into the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate and what they stand for. That's what hustings are for. Thanks to the 200+ members of the public that came to the event tonight.
On 9 Apr 2015 at 9:18am Paul Newman wrote:
I shall not hear a word against Marina Pepper. She has a lifetime pass as far as I am concerned.
How did Ms Caulfield get on ?
On 9 Apr 2015 at 9:34am Mavis wrote:
I've just googled Marina Pepper (Baker) !! Interesting career too. But some people just don't know when to leave the stage !
On 9 Apr 2015 at 4:19pm Floating voter wrote:
Lloyd Russell-Moyle and Alfie Stirling totally outshone Norman Baker. In fact Norman seemed to nod in agreement with a lot of what Lloyd and Alfie said on the night. Ray Finch was a fool and had little respect for the audience and Maria Caulfield was totally out of her depth.
On 9 Apr 2015 at 4:31pm Norman`s Gorgon wrote:
Let`s make Lloyd Russell Moyles our new MP.It`s time Norman retired.
On 9 Apr 2015 at 8:10pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Maria Caulfield was probably feeling a bit on edge being in Lewes, having never been here before.

On 9 Apr 2015 at 9:28pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Very ordinary people, can't see any of them in Parliament, well not for long anyway.
On 10 Apr 2015 at 8:16am Red wrote:
Good to hear that Norman has the balls to agree with his opponents if what they say is aligned with his own views.

On 16 Apr 2015 at 12:16pm Lewes Libertarian Lady wrote:
I also thought Marina was a bit coquettish and silly grinned indeed and may have been chairing to have a good honest flirt with the young candidates - although I have seen her out and about looking relaxed with her strikingly beautiful tall girlfriend! Good on her though, at least she's being herself and it was an entertaining Hustings. All in all though she did well with the rabble!

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Vikings lewes 137:143
Vikings lewes

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams