Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tonights Dimbleby Debate on Developing Lewes

On 15 Sep 2015 at 2:35pm Jeff wrote:
There is a debate at the town hall tonight chaired by David Dimbleby on the development of the Phoenix Estate and Lewes as a whole - a place many of us work, party, exhibit etc.
starts 7 for 730pm, free.

Check it out here »
On 15 Sep 2015 at 6:23pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Let's put the razor wire up and keep the Dfl's out!
On 15 Sep 2015 at 6:55pm swivel-eyed bigot wrote:
Let's put the razor wire up and keep the Lewesians in!
On 15 Sep 2015 at 8:10pm lewes wrote:
Bit strange to have a debate on this after the planning application submitted in march and a decision is due in september thus making the debate irrelevant. No wonder santon and ldc are not going to attend. Too little too late.
On 15 Sep 2015 at 9:23pm Merlin Milner wrote:
SDNP have not had their planning committee meeting yet where it will be decided. This meeting is later this year has been put off many times. Hopefully the meeting will be at the Town Hall not at County hall where they have thought about moving it too.
On 15 Sep 2015 at 10:22pm Neville wrote:
You are right "lewes" too late , how long has the local plan being going through expensive public hearings and now awaiting final inspectors decision - 2007 I believe , where was the debate then ? We need this housing and delivered today not in another ten years time or it may just be retirement homes for my children !

On 16 Sep 2015 at 9:13am Jacqui madders wrote:
too little too late, I went to this and put my hand up consistently...pointless... Undemocratic...Lewes Peopke need to wake up...of course you need social housing but not for anti social people. Stop letting agents decide who lives where...stop being deluded...being on housing benefit does not mean you are anti social...have criteria and strict interview processes for housing or you lot are doomed. Remember Brighton Head of Housing plus five others under investigation for 18 million fraud...part of me thinks serves you right...because some of the property landowners in Lewes have been greedy...simple as. Firm your own housing associations ASAP....if these social housing groups get the go ahead...private security will be a must have for shops...just look at Brighton...on your doorstep. Think your grandchildren will get the housing...nope ..33k on waiting list in Brighton.
Local connection it says...read on ..." Or coming out of rehab " !,,,
On 16 Sep 2015 at 1:59pm Badger wrote:
Any news from last night's debate?
On 16 Sep 2015 at 4:14pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
What a deeply offensive post, Jacqui.
Your implication that social housing is only for the criminal and anti-social shows that you know next to nothing about the people who live in it, most of whom are perfectly decent families.
And you plainly know little about what you speak of. The reason an exception to the local connection rule is made for people leaving rehab is because rehab commonly takes in excess oof 6 months, sometimes 12 or even more. If no exception was made, those leaving rehab would have no connection anywhere, and no council would be responsible for them.
Anyone who knows anything about the social impacts of homelessness would realise that one of the biggest risk factors in addiction is being street homeless. I'm sure the socially aware Lewesians wouldn't relish having to step over addicts and alcoholics as they pop into Flint Owl bakery for their daily fix of artisan bread.
Get yourself educated: go and volunteer at a homeless project for a while and see what people in housing need are up against.
On 16 Sep 2015 at 6:20pm uckfield baz wrote:
I was told there was a game of soggy biscuit at the end anyone know who won

On 16 Sep 2015 at 8:49pm Madders a boxer frogs wrote:
Gor Blimey it was better when we ad the workhouse

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cross 67:132
Lewes Cross

Tom. You clearly think the answer to the question of who pays the interest to the IMF and what else it provides is interesting.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams