Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Together

On 24 May 2017 at 8:37pm Sue wrote:
I have lived in Lewes for over 15 years & have always felt that my labour vote would be wasted or an insignificant one, so I either didn't bother or I voted for what I believed was local "stability" (apologies for the term) with Normam lib dem, to attempt to have anything other than the control of this goverment I am tempted to vote lib dem to deny a Tory seat but if I could I would be ticking the box for Jeremy Corbyn. I am new to the forum and not attempting to influence views,. Other options are Lao available ( at your own risk )
On 24 May 2017 at 8:59pm The Greek wrote:
I feel your pain Sue. We are strangled by an FPTP system which unfortunately Labour sees no desire in changing. In such a marginal as Lewes it is wise to hold your nose and vote Lib Dem. The Tory vote only rose by 0.2% last time, but the LD vote collapsed by about 12% going to Green/Labour etc. Tories got in.

It does make me wonder though what would happen if everyone just voted with their heart.

I now live in another constituency where Labour are second. We have no hope of winning, but I intend to vote Labour for the first time. I believe every vote for Labour will help to silence the media hype over Corbyn.

It's tricky.
On 25 May 2017 at 6:43am Citizen Smith wrote:
Vote Labour, Sue. It's the only way we will ever get equality, and Labour are the only credible opposition to a tory government.

On 25 May 2017 at 8:45am voter wrote:
Clearly citizen smith you want to see a thumping Tory majority. Maybe you think that may lead to revolution.
On 25 May 2017 at 10:20am Clifford wrote:
The Greek wrote: 'We are strangled by an FPTP system which unfortunately Labour sees no desire in changing.'

Neither did the electorate when given the opportunity in 2011:
'The UK has voted overwhelmingly to reject changing the way MPs are elected. The final result put the Yes vote at 32.1% and the No vote at 67.9%.'

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Tiled House 86:132
Lewes Tiled House

As expected the chartist only turns up to put down. Just like the ferret. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments