Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Thursday evening shopping

On 7 Dec 2012 at 8:00pm Michael Mas wrote:
Are any Lewes shops staying open late the next few Thursday evenings?

On 7 Dec 2012 at 11:09pm You know more than us wrote:
What late night shopping Thursday's?
I am a shop owner, I know nothing about any late night Thursday shopping apart from yesterday's event!
I fear very few will be if I'm representative!

On 8 Dec 2012 at 8:23am truth wrote:
it was crax

On 8 Dec 2012 at 9:37am Realist wrote:
ESCC issued a small press release to the Brighton Argus, but forgot to tell the shopkeepers! So much for the in-depth business knowledge of our remote rulers. If any of them had any business sense at all, they would never have parachuted NCP/NSL into Lewes in the first place. Unfortunately, our county council is largely made up of superannuated failed 'executives' with an average age of seventy!

On 8 Dec 2012 at 12:56pm truth wrote:
true realist i agree bro.

On 8 Dec 2012 at 1:32pm Michael Mas wrote:
I too am a shop owner and had heard nothing of it, but spotted in the paper that Lewes will have free parking on a Thursday from 4pm for late night shopping....will anyone turn up or do people even know if us shop owners aren't aware!!!!!

Check it out here »

On 8 Dec 2012 at 7:42pm You know more than us wrote:
Its good to know that I'm not the only one in the dark!
I'm willing to committ to 8pm, if I know other shops will be open aswell..... But can't bring in extra staff, as probably wouldn't cover their wages!

On 8 Dec 2012 at 8:57pm LLNSS wrote:
Awful night ?? totally no amosphere - no music at top end - thank you for the rain though so at least we could nip off for a bite to eat - which was lovely xx

On 10 Dec 2012 at 11:20am Ed Can Do wrote:
I'm always surprised that Lewes traders don't take the lead of most of the shops in Brighton and open from 10 till half 6, rather than 9 to half 5. Aside from the grey army camped outside Boots every morning waiting for their prescriptions, there aren't exactly a lot of shoppers about that time of day and surely catching people after work would more than make up for the lost, early morning trade? Likewise I don't understand why dentists and doctors don't open all weekend then shut on Monday and Tuesday to get a couple of days off.

On 11 Dec 2012 at 9:56am Sussex Jim wrote:
Doctors and dentists are like government departments,etc. You need them more than they need you, so they work when they choose.
As compared to large private firms like Screwfix or Tesco who know you are going to spend money and can easily shop elsewhere.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:143
Bonfire Torches

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan