Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Thumbs down for thumbs down

On 10 Dec 2014 at 12:27pm Flower wrote:
Hello Webbo,
Would it be possible to get rid of the thumbs down and just have the thumbs up?
On 10 Dec 2014 at 12:34pm Dripping Pan Stan wrote:
Why would you want to do that?
Although I don't post much any more I regularly browse and click either the thumbs up or down.
Some posters on here seem to live in a weird little Lewes bubble and the thumbs down serves as an invaluable tool for trying to pull them back to the real world.
On 10 Dec 2014 at 1:56pm Futuristic Floozy wrote:
Season of goodwill?? plus some perfectly innocent posts are given thumbs down by trolls.
On 10 Dec 2014 at 2:06pm Dripping Pan Stan wrote:
The post might be perfectly innocent but if someone disagrees with it they have every right to give it a thumbs down.
It doesn't make them a troll.

On 10 Dec 2014 at 3:01pm Flower wrote:
I'll get me coat...
On 10 Dec 2014 at 3:50pm Southover Queen wrote:
I posted a message in a thread about my friend Simon Beer's death. It said how sad it was that such a lovely person should have died.

Two people took the trouble to give that a thumbs down. So unless someone actually does disagree that Simon was a lovely man whose death is a sad loss to the town, the conclusion must be that they've decided they don't like anything I post.

I couldn't give a stuff really, and I don't suppose Simon's family will be reading that and thinking "gosh, two people obviously hate Simon", but it is baffling.
On 10 Dec 2014 at 4:19pm andy wrote:
Southover Queen,
It's possible that someone clicked a 'thumbs down' for Simon Beer because they thought it was sad he died. And a 'thumbs up' would be saying i'm glad he has died.
I know this is confused but people are like that - I occasionally work on internet projects and am often surprised by the bizarre/illogical ways people interpret the internet.
On 10 Dec 2014 at 4:22pm the kronic wrote:
That's how i interpreted it, Andy
On 10 Dec 2014 at 5:52pm Mr Spock wrote:
Totally Klingon Illogical = like the rest of the forum - note the correct use of of
On 10 Dec 2014 at 6:52pm Southover Queen wrote:
That would make sense, andy, except that nine people gave the OP a thumbs up, with no corresponding thumbs down.

On 11 Dec 2014 at 12:12am Little Green Thing wrote:

DPS said earlier "Some posters on here seem to live in a weird little Lewes bubble and the thumbs down serves as an invaluable tool for trying to pull them back to the real world"
Do you mean to say that some miserable lewesians actually click on the thumbs down in a bid to make them less miserable?
Its illogical and a waste of time..

On 11 Dec 2014 at 12:21am Blob Jones wrote:
In my opinion a lot of people on here have their thumbs stuck up the arses. Still.. If twiddling their thumbs about makes them happy then so be it.. thats a great thing to do.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes banners and crosses 58:132
Lewes banners and crosses

I see you still pay no attention to the bits that might tax the old grey cells. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan