Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Thumb Downers Reveal Yourselves!

On 5 Aug 2017 at 8:18pm Lou of Lewes wrote:
Being relatively new to this forum, what stands out is the number of thumb downs even the most sweetest and generous posts tend to get. What is that about? Does anyone that is part of this forum and enjoys demeaning people's efforts (and generally trying to make the world a more miserable place), fancy putting the record straight and letting us in on what makes you tick?
On 5 Aug 2017 at 8:21pm Up or Down wrote:
I just like to make the scores even on as many posts as possible. I know I'm OCD but it's the least harmful way to deal with it. Kind regards.
On 5 Aug 2017 at 8:28pm Lou of Lewes wrote:
Thanks for stepping up Up Or Down. Hopefully you can inspire other Thumb Downers to share their story.
On 5 Aug 2017 at 8:34pm Dave Drivel wrote:
When scrolling on the phone I inadvertently hit the thumbs down
No malice intended
On 5 Aug 2017 at 8:36pm Colonial Marine wrote:
Generally speaking when I read a post I don't like I give it a thumbs down.
On the other hand, when I read a post I like I give it a thumbs up.
It isn't rocket surgery.
On 5 Aug 2017 at 8:46pm Lou of Lewes wrote:
@Dave
That's a good point, I've done that, even on one of my own posts.
On 5 Aug 2017 at 10:01pm rocket man wrote:
Rockets require engineers, humans require surgeons. I think I could probably fix a rocket, but not sure I would be willing to, "have a go" at surgery to fix a human.
I fear you give thumbs (up and down) with as much thought as you gave your post.
So perhaps, it is rocket science or brain surgery; where a person should investigate the facts before ticking a box without thought.
Would you want Trump as PM? That is the, "have a go" mentality has led USA.
On 5 Aug 2017 at 11:19pm Historian wrote:
Sensitive lot here on LF. Bit like infant school sports days where there are no winners or losers. Well welcome to the real world. Gladiatorial judgements made here, get over it.
On 6 Aug 2017 at 12:53am Lou of Lewes wrote:
Ok. Hands up who honestly admits to liking their own posts. I've managed to refrain so far on this thread.
On 6 Aug 2017 at 8:25am Englishman wrote:
I think some people read a good sensible post, and then downthumb it because they had not thought of it.
On 6 Aug 2017 at 10:03am Mark wrote:
And I think that many will downthumb a distressing incident such a lost pair of spectacles - to share grief and concern.
On 6 Aug 2017 at 3:16pm David wrote:
It never occurs to me to look at, let alone change the thumbs up thumbs downs.
On 7 Aug 2017 at 11:57am Double dipping wrote:
Sometime on this weenie keyboard I manage to thumbs up and thumbs down simultaneously - sorry If I've upset anyone
On 7 Aug 2017 at 12:03pm Nevillman wrote:
When using my right thumb, it is difficult to avoid randomly dishing out thumbs down and up if I do not wish to activate the ads at the side.
On 7 Aug 2017 at 4:19pm Yunnow wrote:
I thumbs down humourless twots like rocket man.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Castle view 19:132
Castle view

I'm sad to not be on your book shelf amongst the great works of D.Icke or L. Ron Hubbard et al. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle