Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

This summer

2
1
On 15 Feb 2017 at 7:53pm Festival Lover wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if there are any festivals/events in Lewes this summer? Thanks in advance.
11
3
On 15 Feb 2017 at 9:42pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
Check out 'GIVEITARESTIVAL' local festival for local people sponsored by this forum and some E.U funding. Free Harveys courtesy of Aqua
6
15
On 16 Feb 2017 at 7:33am Lewesian wrote:
Lewes live end of July where you can watch all the bands that the elite few in Cliffe like.
Love supreme at Glynde
4
6
On 16 Feb 2017 at 8:02am Erm.. wrote:
@Lewesian. Grow up. Have you ever been to Lewes Live? More non Cliffe people there than members.
2
6
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:15am @erm... wrote:
Learn to read???
6
2
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:19am Lewesian wrote:
@erm The organisers only have music that they like. That's fine if you're into Ferocious dog or Levellers. But of a bugger if you're not. Been plenty of times, same old clicky Cliffe faces everywhere.
1
5
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:24am Erm. wrote:
Can read perfectly well thanks. Just pointing out that it's not, as you say, just 'bands that the elite few in the Cliffe like', as there are plenty of non Cliffe people that like it too.
2
1
On 16 Feb 2017 at 10:41am Billy wrote:
13th May - Every Sort of People Festival at Lewes FC. Maybe someone can post a link? (It doesn't work for me).
7
8
On 16 Feb 2017 at 12:42pm Obvious wrote:
Lewesian, I'm pretty sure that every festival has the music the organisers like or at least what they think people want to listen to. Slagging off Lewes Live because it's the music "People from Cliffe like" is as dumb as slagging off Love Supreme for being only music people who listen to Jazz FM like or Proms in the Paddock for being only music people from Commercial Square like.

If you don't like the style of music the organisers choose to put on, why keep going back there? Especially as you apparently have a chip on your shoulder about it being organised by Cliffe Bonfire, subjecting yourself to music you don't like and funding a bonfire society you don't like is just silly.
1
 
On 16 Feb 2017 at 1:27pm @Erm wrote:
Yes you re-read and got it right second time, well done you!
"More non Cliffe people there than members" the comment was clearly "like" not "attend".
2
6
On 16 Feb 2017 at 1:50pm Erm wrote:
I was well aware of that. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't attend a festival if it was all music I didn't like. Maybe you would, but if you do then don't complain, you've only got yourself to blame. To be honest, over the years there has been a varied mix of musical styles, from metal to reggae, aka, country, folk, pop, indie, rock, new wave etc.. But then you would know that if you've been as many times as you say!
4
3
On 16 Feb 2017 at 1:51pm Penguin wrote:
Bloody Glastonbury, just playing music that farmers like.
1
3
On 16 Feb 2017 at 2:05pm Erm... wrote:
@Lewesian. You probably did see the same old Cliffe faces, not surprising at an event organised by them. Clicky though? What do you mean? They have all got dodgy knee joints perhaps? Or did you mean cliquey? If so, then how did you get in? It's all just words isn't it If it's Cliffe so you've got to slag them off. That's why you need to grow up.
1
2
On 16 Feb 2017 at 2:34pm @erm wrote:
Well if you were aware then you must be pretty stupid, your retort doesn't reflect the point originally made so why bother making it. I expect plenty of people attend as it's on the doorstep...
2
1
On 16 Feb 2017 at 3:04pm bobobobob wrote:
@ '@erm' you're the one not understanding what has happened here. Lewesian complains that it's the same music every year that only a the few elite cliffe members like. Let's put aside the odd fact that Lewesian has been plenty of times to a festival where they don't like the music or people (are you a masochist Lewesian?). Also let's put aside the fact that it's demonstrably not the same music every time as described by Erm.
Different people like different music. Different festivals cater for this. It would have to be a huge festival to cater for all types of music. Which it isn't because it's based in Lewes. So they organise music they know, like and can book in confidence. Bands are advertised in advance. If you don't like the type of music at Lewes live go to a festival which plays music you like. There are plenty of people who go who are not affiliated with Cliffe who go. They go because they like the music on offer. DId you see that, they go because they LIKE the music.
Just checking you can read
1
4
On 16 Feb 2017 at 5:08pm Pedro wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the same people moaning about certain music genres/artists playing in Lewes (which they can avoid and under no obligation to listen to) end up being the same people moaning about posters like me, newman, clifford etc on the Lewes Forum (who also are not obligated to read our posts). Its like they have nothing better to do than complain and shout angrily "get off my land" with a raised clenched fist.
4
1
On 16 Feb 2017 at 5:38pm Farmer Piles wrote:
Lewesian what sort of music do you like I'm sure they can cater for it . Or are you someone that's never been and just likes to stir the S**T
 
 
On 16 Feb 2017 at 6:53pm Lewesian wrote:
I like Spice girls, Steps, Abba, Justin Bieber (spelling?) and a bit of Tammy Winette.
 
1
On 16 Feb 2017 at 7:20pm Shirley Knot wrote:
Yikes.
1
 
On 16 Feb 2017 at 7:23pm Festival Lover wrote:
Other than the sensible answers (thanks), the rest of you need help. Are you actual grown ups?
 
2
On 16 Feb 2017 at 7:46pm Lewesian wrote:
Awwww....don't you like it because we don't agree with your opinion Festival lover?
2
2
On 16 Feb 2017 at 8:35pm Sorry for my behaviour wrote:
@festival lover. I am embarrassed by the comments on your sensible thread. Unfortunately a small group of fools ( easy to spot are determined to kill this forum altogether. Please do ask questions again and it may be better
8
1
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:27pm Tobnac wrote:
Elderflower fields (uckfield)
Rock in the bog (lewes)
The great escape (Brighton)
Together the people (Brighton)
Into the wild (Bentley)
Glastonwick (Coombes nr shoreham)
Wild life (shoreham airport)
Funk the Format (hove park)
Chiddfest (chiddingly)
Love supreme (glynde)
Walled Garden (robertsbridge)
1
2
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:28pm Depressed wrote:
It's ok. Pedro is a knob, albeit a small one. Most normal people steer clear of this forum now.
 
 
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:44pm @boobooboob wrote:
You seem to be suggesting that as the musicians vary they can't all be to cliffe tastes, so erm everyone in cliffe likes the same music then boob? the fact is the comment was about the music being selected according to cliffe tastes, the reply was about the people attending not coming from cliffe. i stand by my comment "learn to read".
3
 
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:44pm Alan the cat wrote:
Tobnac - good man. Finally someone who knows their stuff. Cheers
 
1
On 16 Feb 2017 at 9:55pm Busty bar maid wrote:
Is Cliffe Richard playing?????? Amazeballs
6
2
On 16 Feb 2017 at 10:06pm Festival Lover wrote:
Lewisian, if you read my original post it wasn't an opinion, it was a general question. Awwwww, did you not understand it?
1
 
On 16 Feb 2017 at 10:08pm Erm... wrote:
@ @bobobob or should I say @Lewesian as probably the same person. There is a big difference between the ability to read, and the ability to understand. The point is, a lot of non Cliffe people attend because they like the music that is on offer. It's really quite simple, I don't know why you keep banging on about it. I am assuming that you are one of the sheep that think it's the thing to do to slag off the members of the Cliffe? So childish.
 
2
On 16 Feb 2017 at 11:07pm Clifford wrote:
Is this one the really interesting threads that's going to take over from politics after the Revolution? Petty sniping by people who find spelling difficult?
1
 
On 16 Feb 2017 at 11:48pm The Greek wrote:
To be honest Pedro and Clifford are some of the few people on this forum that speak sense, Newms also. While I don't agree with Pedro's antagonism, nor Clifford's views on the EU or Newms's writing style I can see through that to the salient points. It seems that this forum is often too black and white.
1
1
On 17 Feb 2017 at 9:36am Rodders wrote:
Tobnac, very comprehensive but you forgot Bimble in Rodmell.
 
1
On 17 Feb 2017 at 10:02am Pedro wrote:
@ greek - thanks, although not sure about being the antagonist! I generally just want to post my views and opinions like most people, and while I understand people may not always like my views, I get hounded by anonymous troglodytes! I'm fully entitled to mock these clowns in my defence They are like pet projects for me.
 
 
On 17 Feb 2017 at 11:07am bobobobobobob wrote:
@ erm. Sorry mate. I was replying to @erm. I disagree with Lewesian & @erm and agree with you on the music, go myself and am a cliffe member
Elderflower Fields in Ashdown forest looks like fun for those with young children wanting a camping style one
 
1
On 17 Feb 2017 at 11:49am Erm... wrote:
That's ok Bob....etc
 
 
On 17 Feb 2017 at 12:19pm The Greek wrote:
I had drunk too much for a school night
 
1
On 17 Feb 2017 at 7:58pm Sue wrote:
Bring back the Guitar festival, that was great.


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Weeds for sale 140:143
Weeds for sale

'Reclaim the streets' Tom? You jest. The same procession year after year on one day, the same relentless brainless 'patriotism'... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington