Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Them and Us

On 28 Mar 2011 at 4:11pm Taff wrote:
Did anyone else notice that last week the government has relaxed 'the house's' regulations on mps expenses claims?
Stinky or what!

On 28 Mar 2011 at 4:15pm Clifford wrote:
Yes I noticed that as well Taff. I suppose with all the stuff that's going on they think we won't notice - but we will.

On 28 Mar 2011 at 5:15pm Red Ken wrote:
Typical Tory policy. Look after number one and **** the rest of you.

On 28 Mar 2011 at 5:23pm bastian wrote:
yes I did notice that but it's exactly what I would expect from a tory government

On 28 Mar 2011 at 5:34pm Newmania wrote:
Really Bastian , and yet it was the Labour Party whose fingers were most conspicuously in the till,not on trivial bits and pieces but the big bucks which was in serial home renovation and sale.
Always been that way and there is no evidence ,by the way ,that possession of a safe seat made any odds.

On 28 Mar 2011 at 6:00pm Hoist wrote:
True - but a lot of the torys do tend to have a private income and lots of nice tax avoiding tricks to help out.

On 28 Mar 2011 at 6:21pm Vesbod wrote:
Mmmm interesting, can't trust the Tories, Labour had their fingers in the till, and the Lib Dems sold us down the river. So who exactly are we going to vote for in the next general elections ? Our Ruth maybe ???

On 28 Mar 2011 at 6:24pm Hoist wrote:
The Greens

On 28 Mar 2011 at 6:52pm supporter wrote:
ukip may be

On 28 Mar 2011 at 7:20pm bastian wrote:
uk anarchists

On 28 Mar 2011 at 7:24pm Newmania wrote:
Obviously the Conservative Party has the most pessimistic vision and has been proved right ( as it always is )

On 28 Mar 2011 at 7:49pm Sussex Roots wrote:
Don't make me laugh, Ruth for MP! Most of the voters outside of Lewes, and that's the vast majority have never even heard of the woman.

On 28 Mar 2011 at 9:10pm not from around here wrote:
Yes but Sussex Roots your'e missing the fact that some Lewesians believe that they are the centre of the universe, surely it's only a matter of time before Ruth is Prime Minister and the Lewes Pound is adopted as the national currency (don't laugh, some of them really believe it!).

On 28 Mar 2011 at 9:18pm Clifford wrote:
You don'treally understand the Lewes Ppund (and all the other local currencies) do you, not from round here? The point is that they're LOCAL and not national as a way of keeping spending in the locality. So, why not you give us a few examples of people who believe the Lewes Pound will be adopted as a national currency?

On 28 Mar 2011 at 9:22pm not from around here wrote:
Touchy, very touchy Clifford... Should I give you a few examples of humour as well so that you don't always get the wrong end of the stick?

On 28 Mar 2011 at 9:38pm not from around here wrote:
However, joking aside, it was described in many press releases as 'legal tender' when it was first launched. 'Legal Tender' would have made it a nationally accepted currency. Most references to it being 'legal tender' have now been removed or corrected.

On 28 Mar 2011 at 10:16pm Clifford wrote:
'... (don't laugh, some of them really believe it!).' It's no use pretending it's a joke when 'don't laugh' clearly means it wasn't. Particularly when the second post shows you were being serious.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 4:38am Newmania wrote:
As an initiative to publicise local business it was a brilliant idea though , a staggering amount of coverage for a voucher .
Incidentally I have stood as a Conservative Candidate in the past and may do again ( I could hardly do worse than last time which was in London). Perhaps I`ll take this Ruth on.

No no don`t rush , plenty of room on the campaign team......

On 29 Mar 2011 at 7:01am MC wrote:
Ha ha ha. Dream on. After the mess you made of it last time the Tories aren't ever likely to let you represent them again!

On 29 Mar 2011 at 8:01am 'ere be monsters wrote:
With his charm and wit MC, I find it difficult to see how he failed so miserably.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 8:15am Newmania wrote:
Au contraire MC twould be simple, a spavined village idiot could stand if they could be bothered....ahem .As I have three young children and a living to make I do not see it any time soon * cries of shame *
EBM - It is indeed a mystery

On 29 Mar 2011 at 8:22am MC wrote:
The Tories are that desperate they'll let anybody stand for them then?... even people who had this to say about their own constituents...

"I have to confess that the denizens of Mildmay (islington) are almost bestially stupid. There is not a lot you can do with them, they live from roadkill and sleep under newspaper"
Paul Newman. Ex-vice chairman of Islington North Tories. Now disgraced and retreated to Lewes.

Who's the spavined idiot?
Please think before you throw insults around so freely. Glass houses and all.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 8:31am jrsussex wrote:
Getting back to the start of this thread. Most of you know my politics, but I am extremely disappointed that the expenses scandal, having been given a reasonable amount of time for the public to appear to care less about the issue, has effectively been reversed. When will politicians learn to lead by examply?
On just one point. They (MP's) are relatively well paid with a good expense "account", why do their children under 18 needed to be subsidised at the taxpayers expense?

On 29 Mar 2011 at 8:42am Newmania wrote:
I sometimes wonder if English is your first language MC.
Disagree Mr. Sussex with all its imperfections corruption here is laughably small by comparison to our European neighbours and elsewhere. The Problem has been addressed , MP`s are not over paid and we have more to worry about IMHO

On 29 Mar 2011 at 9:39am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Another example, insult to try and win a discussion. Mind you now we've seen your pedigree it's not surprising eh! I've not even bothered looking up spavined.
Great post MC, even if you did have to use your translator!

On 29 Mar 2011 at 9:42am supermanqww wrote:

On 29 Mar 2011 at 9:46am Newmania wrote:
Oh great I'm being stalked by the Statler and Waldorf.

Check it out here »

On 29 Mar 2011 at 9:52am Rods Tiger wrote:
"Check it out here". Hmmm, More Tory incompetence ?

On 29 Mar 2011 at 10:39am Freeloader wrote:

On 29 Mar 2011 at 11:25am Hard Working Parent wrote:
I feel so sorry for your kids Newman, having a wannabe freeloader for a father. Do you get paid for disseminating Tory lies on this website, or is it just your megalomania? There's a word for people like you. I can't tell you how much your sort disgust me

On 29 Mar 2011 at 11:40am Lewes Mother of One wrote:
This forum has become totally boring. Childish insults, boring political slanging matches, bullying etc.
I look at this forum to see what is happening in Lewes at the moment or if there are any important local issues........I see I am wasting by time.
Very sad and not a good advert for Lewes

On 29 Mar 2011 at 11:48am Hoist wrote:
LMOO
By all means start your own thread.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:02pm ignore wrote:

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:03pm Zebedee wrote:
Not a great advert for anonymous forums either?

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:11pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Lewes Mother of One... There are lots of threads on here that do not resemble your remarks. It is actually only the politically driven ones that certain posters have to resort to the sort of tactic you describe to get their own way. Did you mean Lewes as a whole is badly advertised by this? If so perhaps that is a little exaggerated, don't you think?
One what, by the way?

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:19pm Hoist wrote:
Some of us come here on purpose for a bit of political argy-bargy and we enjoy it. We can take a few insults here and there and don't get mimsy whimsey about it - besides we know our opponent is on the ropes if they stoop that low.
I suggest that you don't look at the political threads if you don't like them. Leave them to people who do.
Re bullying - I hope you're not referring to a certain mr E. He tried to force his views on everyone else and shut down any debate he didn't agree with. That's real bullying.
No wonder people got fed up with him and started taking the pee.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:20pm Hoist wrote:
And another thing - one of the main reasons why I love Lewes is its residents' interest in debate. And this is an important part of its history too.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:31pm Lewes Mother of One wrote:
'Ere be monster said 'One what, by the way?'
Thereby proving my point

On 29 Mar 2011 at 12:35pm Hoist wrote:
I usually disagree with ebm but I do think you are being a bit humourless and uptight.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 1:07pm Taff wrote:
In an attempt to get this back on topic(!) I do wonder whether the governments tardy response to *ankers bonuses was due to these changes in the expenses regulations?

On 29 Mar 2011 at 1:09pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Yes Hoist, you are right. Ouch that hurt!!

On 29 Mar 2011 at 2:38pm Grunge wrote:
I'm not happy about Newmania's identity being outed by MC (see above). He is entitled to his anonymity.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 3:06pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
In all honesty, I don't care who he is, or anyone else for that matter. Just because I now know his name, doesn't mean I know him. I know two other Paul Newmans already.

On 29 Mar 2011 at 3:16pm expat two wrote:
You can hardly accuse MC of outing Newman, its pretty obvious from his own posts who he is. Why would he use his blog identity? - unless he just assumes Lewesians are idiots. Oh... I see what you mean.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Commercial Square programme 30:143
Commercial Square programme

Extinction Rebellion, the ecological protest group founded in 2018, has initiated its “Summer Uprising”. Namely, blockading roads... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare