frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Thefts

On 3 Sep 2018 at 9:36am Local Lass wrote:
On Saturday my elderly Mum had her handbag stolen. On the same day her friend had her purse taken. Both ladies were in charity shops in the Cliffe area and both carried their bags on their wheeled walkers. From now on they will be wearing cross body shoulder bags - lesson learned. If you know anyone using a walker please encourage them to do the same.
On 3 Sep 2018 at 9:52am Earl of Lewess wrote:
It's a sad fact that vulnerable people are targeted, often by gangs that visit the town for the day, before moving on to another place. My mum was followed around Waitrose by a young woman who eventually pinched her purse. Mothers of young children are also targeted, as they often keep their bag in a pushchair and are constantly distracted by their children. Because Lewes is such a safe town, I think many of us can be complacent.
On 3 Sep 2018 at 10:43am Ricky wrote:
I work in one of the supermarkets in town and we have had 5 purses stolen from handbags that people leave unattended on trolleys in the past 3 months. Take more care. Lewes isn't the innocent town people think.
On 3 Sep 2018 at 11:08am Gus wrote:
I've lost count of the women I have seen walking around the town - even with across the shoulder bags - with the zips open and their purses in full view. Then of course they go into a supermarket and leave the bag in the trolley, turn to take an item and, lo and behold, no purse when they turn back. Haven't they any sense?
On 3 Sep 2018 at 12:01pm Charlz wrote:
Species evolved in safe environments are especially vulnerable to predators.
On 3 Sep 2018 at 12:25pm Fagin wrote:
My boys have gone DFL to be among your DFL's
On 3 Sep 2018 at 1:48pm Local Lass wrote:
Mum was born in Lewes 93 years ago so seen a lot of change. She still goes out most days but itís really hard getting through to someone of her age the risks around us. The last thing we want to do is take away her confidence.
On 3 Sep 2018 at 2:45pm My town wrote:
It's sad days we have in lewes the police aren't bothered with this type of crime
On 3 Sep 2018 at 5:19pm Batman wrote:
Put a light up on the town hall and I'll be there
On 4 Sep 2018 at 8:54am Easy answer wrote:
You have a Tory national government slashing police budgets and a Tory Police and Crime Commissioner who doesn't care. If you want to see a reduction in crime, stop voting Tory, it really is that simple.
On 4 Sep 2018 at 10:19am Gus wrote:
@ Easy Answer. Iriot! No doubt you would want to make a policital point about anything. Too obvious.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mercury and Magnesium 91:132
Mercury and Magnesium

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo