Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The impending destruction of the UK

On 30 Mar 2017 at 3:19pm Devastated wrote:
It`s all over now baby red white and blue The irony of ironies in this self-induced Brexit shambles is that even though Mrs. May talks about the preciousness of the Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, she and her Brexiteer allies are taking Britain down a path which could achieve what anti-UK forces such as the Nazis and the IRA failed to achieve, that is the destruction of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Will leaving the EU, it's Single Market and pursuing a Hard Brexit for short term and short sighted political gain really all be worth destroying the United Kingdom?

Check it out here »
On 30 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Oh do stop whining into your fromage frais. You sound like Paul Newman or Anna Soubry.
The sun will still rise in the east and set in the west. The roads will still be overcrowded and the trains will still be standing room only, when they choose to run. You may be reduced to eating English fruit and veg instead of Spanish, drinking English milk and cheese instead of Irish and driving a Toyota instead of your Renault. You may need to show your passport at Calais. You will get over it. It will be fine.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 3:54pm The Forum Nutter wrote:
What a sad life you doom merchants must lead. Most normal people are getting on with everyday life. How can you be so fixated on such a tedious subject? Go for a walk and rejoice in Mother Nature.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 4:00pm Spike wrote:
Oestrogen talking.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 4:14pm Erm.... wrote:
The reason we go on about it, is because we are headed for a bad place and we are worried about our future, our children's future and our county's future. Still, there is no talking or explaining to people who not only have their heads firmly buried in the sand, but also have their fingers in their ears and going 'blablablabla can't hear you, blalabla the Country has spoken blablablabla taken back control blablabla 'very loudly.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 4:16pm Punter wrote:
I don`t agree with all of it ,but it`s a very interesting article with some disturbing conclusions.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 4:29pm Earl wrote:
Having a day off from the fake posts Punter? Re: the article, the author may have two degrees from Cambridge, but he's a terrible writer.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 4:54pm Private Frazer wrote:
Wur all dooomed!

View the picture »
On 30 Mar 2017 at 5:33pm Hmm wrote:
Erm, are you aware of how weak you sound? Anyone can concern troll. There will be winners and losers in Brexit just as there were with EU membership. Surely it is better to devote your energy towards winning the future rather than eyoreing your way to an early grave.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 7:15pm Brexita wrote:
In my experience it's mainly Hippys that want to stay in Europe.
Hippys love hair so the Europeans who refuse to shave up top ,side to side and in between are their sort of people.
On 30 Mar 2017 at 9:20pm Not again. wrote:
The return of the troubles in Ireland as Sinn Fein rejects Brexit?

Check it out here »
On 30 Mar 2017 at 9:52pm Erm... wrote:
@Hmm. Well done, you Brexiters have learned a new phrase, "concern troll", how very clever of you all. (At least you have stopped going on about failed neo-liberal projects). So what you are saying is I should never complain about anything bad, but should just accept it? Are you going to be happy with every single thing that happens to you from now on? even if it is totally contrary to what you believe in? Of course you will complain, just like you lot complained for years before the referendum. I intend to carry on doing just what you did. Give it a year or two and I guarantee a lot of you will be doing the same. You are right about one thing though, there will be winners and losers, trouble is there will be many, many more losers, and the only winners will be the ones who are wealthy enough for all this to not have any impact.

On 31 Mar 2017 at 9:22am Hmm wrote:
I'm not a Brexiteer but I am an opportunist.
On 31 Mar 2017 at 10:01am Erm.... wrote:
So why be pleased about opportunities being taken away from you?

On 31 Mar 2017 at 10:50am Hmm wrote:
I have already profited from Brexit just as I made more on Trump's election than most on here make in a year. And I don't even vote.
If you can't see the opportunity you must have an arts degree or something.
On 31 Mar 2017 at 11:47am Erm... wrote:
Yeah, right, aren't you the clever one......

On 31 Mar 2017 at 6:43pm Entrepreneur wrote:
We'll certainly be an awful lot poorer. I decided to stop anything but absolutely essential spending quite a long while ago. Makes sense in this situation. Brexit is difficult for business locally, all my business is international, my US customers think we're mad, the Europeans tell me they are going to be very careful doing business with Brits. Other local business have seen a 30% reduction in revenue due to customers switching elsewhere. It's not going to be pretty. Yes the sun still rises and sets but it also does when you're out of work or taking no money in. Feels very different if whether you're moderately off or on your uppers. Taking on people becomes a remote possibility in this situation. In a previous job, I moved jobs from Europe (yes, Europe!) to the UK and was able to give jobs to local graduates from the Lewes area. Fat chance of that now. I'm glad the local Brexiteers are so sanguine about the results on the local economy and employment prospects in a town where it's difficult for many to get a decent job. They obviously have large amounts of cash stored somewhere courtesy of Jacob Rees-Mogg to help them through this difficult time. After all, it strikes me most Brexiteers I know are rolling in it (Mogg, Johnson, Gove), rich farmers or retired and therefore safely out of the workforce and any chance of losing their job.

On 31 Mar 2017 at 11:35pm Earl wrote:
Entrepreneur? This is yet another fake post from the leftist man of many faces and a thousand names. I`m on to you sunshine.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Commercial Square programme 31:132
Commercial Square programme

'credited to the 'rona' - Odd that. 'the 'rona' takes up less space and as much breath as 'corona' so why say 'the 'rona'? Is it... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine