Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The final nail in the bonfire coffin

On 31 Oct 2016 at 6:51am Grim reaper wrote:
I get the impression that the police are trying to wind down the event on the 5th. Fewer people means less income and fewer sponsors so societies won't be able to afford insurance, torches, fireworks etc
Hahaha
On 31 Oct 2016 at 7:03am Henry wrote:
Grim reaper ( the name says it all I do wonder what made you wake up this morning and announce this revelation. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of everyone else.
On 31 Oct 2016 at 7:06am Grim reaper wrote:
Hahaha, you're welcome Henry
On 31 Oct 2016 at 7:23am Tin pot wrote:
It will hopefully see the end to some of the tin pot societies such as Southover, Borough and Phoenix
On 31 Oct 2016 at 7:27am Common as muck wrote:
Hopefully it will go full circle and people will start having bonfires in their own back gardens.
On 31 Oct 2016 at 7:39am Sef wrote:
What's going on near black horse, police and peeps directing traffic?
On 31 Oct 2016 at 7:39am Alien wrote:
You are so focused on remembrance aren't you ? It's been so impressive how everyone pulls together and forgets about their petty squabbles.
On 31 Oct 2016 at 8:49am Guy wrote:
hopefully.
On 31 Oct 2016 at 11:02am Rim greaper wrote:
Grim reaper you can only hope, the fact the societies don't want big crowds kind of makes a mockery of your post, most societies don't reply solely on the income from the night, I am afraid that you will have to put up with "bonfire" for many years to come
On 31 Oct 2016 at 5:10pm Meic wrote:
This is based on completely false premises. All the money collected on the 5th goes to bonfire societies' chosen charities. Expnses for the night itself are raised throughout the year. Both societies I'm in prefer smaller crowds,

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge 142:143
Willeys Bridge

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina