Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The club lives on.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 2:10pm Rookie wrote:
Congratulations and heartfelt thanks to the manager, coaches and management committee of Lewes FC. They have somehow managed to come up with the £47k needed to stop the club being folded. Brilliant work guys. If these people are not worth supporting then no-one is.
Here's to the next 125 years!

On 12 Jan 2010 at 2:22pm ere be monsters wrote:
Does that mean all VAT, PAYE & NI payments are all up to date or is this just paying off last years and the club still owes this years?

On 12 Jan 2010 at 2:52pm Rookie wrote:
Don't know. £47k is a figure the taxman wanted. That's what he got. So I would think that's it for HMRC. Now onto the private debts..........

On 12 Jan 2010 at 3:38pm ere be monsters wrote:
Does anyone know then?

On 12 Jan 2010 at 4:17pm No Pot Pourri wrote:
Good news Rookie. If it was Martin Elliot who coughed up some of the money he has my thanks.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 4:19pm Yeah right wrote:
More chance of it being Noddy

On 12 Jan 2010 at 4:30pm Down and Out wrote:
ebm - The club did make a statement a couple of months back saying all current payments were up to date, and it was only the longstanding arrears that were causing the problem. Whether that's changed recently, who knows?

On 12 Jan 2010 at 4:33pm Sherlock wrote:
How did the club get into such debt?

On 12 Jan 2010 at 4:38pm Shaymus wrote:
I'm so pleased for you Rookie. Good luck Lewes FC

On 12 Jan 2010 at 4:47pm Down and Out wrote:
Sherlock - how long have you got?? Long story to do with misguided ambition, a lousy managerial appointment and (I think) mistaken assumptions on tax to do with loan write-offs. What's admirable, I think, is that the club has kept going and sorted out its own mess and liabilities without going into administration and ripping people (and the public purse) off in the way that many 'professional' clubs have done.
Huge thanks to Ibbo and all involved.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 6:33pm Sherlock wrote:
Down and Out - thanks for the information. Yes, admirable indeed that people rally round.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 6:40pm ere be monsters wrote:
Good luck then, coz I know they have messed local businesses and people about with money.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 7:05pm Rookie wrote:
"they" being the previous management regime. The new management regime are trying to sort it all out and doing it by the looks of it.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 10:37pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Maybe they can start a club shop where wine rack used to be.....

On 13 Jan 2010 at 8:54am Rookie wrote:
I think Bill has his eye on the place.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Commercial Square programme 31:132
Commercial Square programme

I'm all for being open-minded, cynical and skeptical about narratives, big business, big-pharma etc....but where was your... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine