Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Trevor Arms

On 21 Feb 2017 at 9:08pm Editrix wrote:
The Trevor Arms in Glynde is apparently closed for renovation but I've heard that it is, in fact, closed down. Does anyone know more?
On 21 Feb 2017 at 9:25pm Tom Paine wrote:
Went downhill imo when it stopped serving good beers and lost all its staff to the Snowdrop.
On 21 Feb 2017 at 9:50pm Editrix wrote:
The Trevor's loss was definitely the snowdrop's gain - it's the best pub in Lewes, not least because of the friendliness and knowledge of some of its staff
On 21 Feb 2017 at 10:56pm Drinker wrote:
I feel a bit guilty now, I liked going once or twice a month but it was always nearly empty in the evenings.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 9:19am Dixie Normus wrote:
You jokers! Surely if you had actually been to other pubs other than a few hippy hang outs you would know the Crown or the Volly are the best pubs in Lewes - morons on here is driving me mad
On 22 Feb 2017 at 9:35am Sussex drinker wrote:
Drinker- use it, or lose it!
On 22 Feb 2017 at 9:53am Local wrote:
The building is falling down and it needs a fortune spending on it. Even a successful business based there won't generate enough income to restore the pub to sustainability.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 11:16am William de Valence wrote:
I think Pete the hippy vicar has a new challenge. Now he is famous (again) maybe he can persuade some locals (Gage,Christie etc) of the value of keeping it going. It must make money in the summer.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 12:06pm Editrix@Dixie wrote:
@Dixie Normus - not sure it's something to get actually angry about. You like the crown, others prefer other pubs. You must have trouble in your day to day life if you can't accept that people have preferences for things that aren't your own. Tell you what I'm fed up with - people getting irate over such trivia.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 12:45pm Death knell wrote:
What really marked the beginning of the end for the Trevor was the ban on pre-work drinking for the Glyndebourne night crew. Once they all started turning up for work sober half the turnover of the Trev vanished.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 1:07pm Tom Paine wrote:
The Crown is a revolting dump that I wouldn't go to if the drinks were free. As for the Volly, it's always empty apart from the 'talent nights', which show anything but. Give me the Snowdrop, the Elly or the Brewers any day.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 3:32pm Sussex drinker wrote:
Don't forget the Gardeners, Tom. Got to be the best value in Lewes.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 3:41pm Inthegutter wrote:
The Trevor was always a good end point on the scenic walk from Lewes to Glynde via Mount Caburn. Shame to lose it, seemed to be busy the days I went in.
As for Lewes, the Swan or Lewes Arms are my favourites. TBH there are only a few bad pubs.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 4:22pm Local wrote:
@William de Valence. I believe the Trevor is owned by Lord Hampden. I hear he's expecting the expensive repairs to be funded by the tenant. At least Lord Gage paid for the Ram to be put into good order, before he found a new tenant.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 5:27pm Landporter wrote:
Wasn't the Trevor owned by the same people as the Ram at Firle? They turned both pubs into gastro pubs....it worked at Firle, it was a disaster at Glynde. Hope someone takes it back over and returns it to it's former glory which the locals enjoyed and served decent, honest pub grub.
On 23 Feb 2017 at 8:26am stubborn drinker wrote:
I think Dixie is winding us up, he can't drinkin the crown, the clientele in the there can't write.
Snowdrop or gardeners for me.
Dare I say I do get a bit bored of harveys pubs, I like a bit of variety.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Assad farewell 6:132
Assad farewell

You have to do a degree for which there is no longer a bursary for, to earn a pittance working long hours in a system being... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde