Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Page Chronciles

On 10 Oct 2012 at 4:33pm Anything getting done? wrote:
Hadn't been on here for a while and noticed a lot of hullabaloo about councilor Page.
I was wondering if anyone has made any sort of official complaint or protest to the council, our MP or anyone else in local politics?
It seems that if half the stuff suggested on here is accurate (the removal of basic democratic machinery seems to be enough to me) then he should not be on the council, let alone in charge.
As I don't have a clue how it (local politics) all fits together does anyone have a proactive suggestion that could help us remove this person from office?
It is our town he is in charge of so perhaps we should do something about it. Thanks in advance for your help.

On 10 Oct 2012 at 6:10pm Clifford wrote:
I've added a link to the LCD complaints procedure about councillors Anything.

Check it out here »

On 11 Oct 2012 at 8:22am Irrelevant Steve wrote:
....and there they were....gone !

On 11 Oct 2012 at 12:22pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Yes - something can be done about it - campaign and lobby anywhere and everywhere about him and his record as a councilor during local elections. Hopefully democracy will remove the man. The other option, if serious fraud is suspected is to report him to the relevant authority - be it tax office, serious fraud office or even police for investigation. Meanwhile keep posting the misdeeds to Private Eye, or indeed our local campaigning journalists, Nick Davies and/or Polly Toynbee.

On 11 Oct 2012 at 3:28pm Irrelevant Steve wrote:
I'm not sure I like this new Irrelevant Steve...
Let's see who can spot the real one over the imposters.

On 16 Oct 2012 at 4:40pm Southover Queen wrote:
The first option, it would seem, is to get enough of our elected representatives to make a fuss and maybe even force a vote of no confidence. Unless that is that the non-Lewes councillors are too supine for that, which sounds quite likely. it has happened elsewhere - Cornwall Council's leader was ousted after the ranks rebelled...

Check it out here »

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffes Cliff 27:132
Cliffes Cliff

What scares me is that the hardcore neoliberals in the Tory Party - The ERG group are all desperately keen on the idea of getting... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo