Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The North Street Quater development

On 9 Nov 2017 at 7:30am Fernando wrote:
Any news or info about this project, not a lot of information on their website.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 10:10am Feline wrote:
Santon no longer has the finance to do the development and is asking LDC for it. Details on LDC minutes which no doubt the council is hoping no one reads!
On 9 Nov 2017 at 10:40am Clifford wrote:
Feline, can you provide a link to the minutes where this is mentioned? It's impossible to wade through the LDC website to find things like this.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 12:03pm Prof. Quatermass wrote:
It's a mess, both physically and planning wise. Some might say it's the pits.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 1:23pm Canine wrote:
@Feline. The minutes merely reflect the fact that LDC are appointing a development partner, not that Santon do not have the money. LDC are not able to develop their bit of the project (under a joint agreement with Santon) without a professional developer on board and are proposing to appoint a company called Artisan. That said there is just the suggestion of foot dragging by Santon. I see a final deadline for work starting is 1.3.18. After that the site goes up for sale. Again. Planning permission expires 2019.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 2:22pm Bernard Quatermass wrote:
I have found something very strange and possibly sinister in a pit there. Development is on hold until it has been fully investigated. Please direct any questions to the British Experimental Rocket Group.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 2:51pm The people wrote:
I have asked on this forum several times for LDC to provide formal comment on the status of the project. Looks like it might be delayed for some years now. The interest rates going up would have impacted the Business Case somguess its not viable. They needed Phase 1 completed to fund next Phases. Another mess by LDC. They really need to sort themselves out as Lewes is suffering because of their failures.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 3:39pm In the know wrote:
The project is on hold due to council wanting to agree with fracking contractors to begin some drilling on site
On 9 Nov 2017 at 5:22pm Robert wrote:
In the meantime they need to release the buildings immediately for all the Artists and Designers in the town to use, such a waste of land and space!
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:01am The real Lewes People wrote:
Robert.
The Artist, Designers,and Dance Schools had enough freebies from the NSQ
with not paying their rent ect, it's about time they got of their backsides and earned their money.
I see the Phoenix Rising are raising their ugly heads again,be more Vulnerable people conned into donate money.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:07am Must be real Lewes wrote:
The illiteracy gives it away. Kind regards.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 1:21pm Sensible wrote:
The handouts to those who too lazy to earn their living in full are over. So-called "affordable" accommodation is economically detrimental to Lewes District and, nationally, is unsustainable. The experiments of the last 110 years have proven this. A private development of a mixture of high-quality townhouses and detached homes for buy-to-let or as second homes would do well here; it would not over-burden the town, would bring well-behaved inhabitants, and is the only viable solution now. I base this on my experience of land investment and I look forward to the development opportunities that the building will bring. No need for extra shops or services because the property holders will use cars or concierge services for shopping (or perhaps Amazon), and will be privately registered in their principal homes overseas or in London. One sniff of freely-available unrestricted private building here, and the land will be sold within hours. And that's good for Lewes, good for the District.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 2:59pm @Sensible wrote:
Yet again your post is far from sensible, I really your name is ironic.
The only reason planning is being granted is because there are not enough homes, selling them as second homes does nothing to alleviate that.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 3:27pm Dexter wrote:
I can only think that rather bizarre comment from @sensible is a fantastic parody of something utterly bonkers.
On 12 Nov 2017 at 10:46am Mark 2 wrote:
I don't understand Phoenix Rising. Does it still exist? What are/were its aims? Is it a not for profit company? In that case do its directors receive payment? Are donations, the amounts and use, published anywhere? What is its interest if any in the proposed Brooks Road development? Did it pay full market rent previously to Santon? Were all rents paid? What is its connection to the Dance Academy? Is this a charity or a business? Did the Dance Academy pay full market rent to Santon? Did it pay previous rent to LTC when it operated out of Malling?

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arch Bishop burning 4:132
Arch Bishop burning

It is government by stealth because the measures are so constitutionally unsound, they can not be honest about them. The only... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan