Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Moon and the Sledgehammer - Family in the wood

On 10 Jan 2013 at 1:10am Mary wrote:
You can buy the dvd at the film's official website - www.themoonandthesledgehammer.com so it's quite easy to remember.
Such is the interest in the film that a follow up has been made, called Behind the Moon and the Sledgehammer. It is in two parts. The first part consists of interviews with all the people involved in making the film so it tells a lot about the family and- how they reacted to being filmed. The second part is a Q&A session with director Philip Trevelyan who answers lots of questions about the family - all those questions that the film raises, like, where was the mother, and did the girls ever marry and where are they now. It is well worth watching after watching the original film. They really were a remarkable family with such a strange philosophy for the time, although it's turning out to be surprisingly trend setting today. It was even referred to as a film from a possible future....! I love it because you can watch it again and again and there's always some new hidden gem waiting to emerge. Love the language and the accent to. You don't hear a lot of that today.

Watch the video »

On 10 Jan 2013 at 8:48am Sceptic wrote:
I totally agree. I copied the episode when it first came out and I must have watched it a dozen times since and still find it fascinating. Before I retired I worked in an engineering firm in Buxted and one of my work colleagues knew the family and said provided I took them up some baccy they would gladly show me round. An opportunity I regret not taking. I will definetely get the DVD so thanks for that Mary.

Watch the video »
On 10 Jan 2013 at 4:26pm Webbo wrote:
Perhaps Lewes Film Club could show it along with 'The Making of...' , I'd love to see it

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle from below 61:132
Lewes Castle from below

Just save me the bother and explain how this undermines current scientific consensus on climate change. Your previous recommended... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan