Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Lounges coming to Lewes

On 6 Jul 2017 at 2:54pm The Lounges wrote:
'The Lounges' coming to Lewes next to Aqua. Likely more controversial than Aqua and DFLs. Yet another chain that will take business away from local businesses that should have updated with the times. I reckon the menu is great, and the branch on london road Brighton is alright - overall it will be good alternative to the tired pubs.

Check it out here »
On 6 Jul 2017 at 3:44pm Dick tionary wrote:
its Loungers moron
On 6 Jul 2017 at 3:47pm Tobnac wrote:
Menu looks good. Will fill a gap in the market I think. Shame it has to be quite such a massive chain, but you can't have everything. And I don't see who it will hurt - Bills maybe, but who cares what happens to them anymore? Apart from them it seems to be an offer that doesn't exist elsewhere in town.
I see it does cocktails. Hopefully it won't attract the same punters, and therefore the same problems, as the short lived cocktail place on Fisher Street.
On 6 Jul 2017 at 4:40pm Billy wrote:
My boys swear by the Lounges in Brighton - special favourite is Sunday Breakfast. Not exactly quiet though!
On 6 Jul 2017 at 6:27pm Historian wrote:
I hear the Brighton one is full of push chairs and screaming kids, too family friendly for our taste. In Lewes it will be appalling.
On 6 Jul 2017 at 10:15pm Tobnac the cat wrote:
The only problem with the Fisher Street bar was the pace of the drinks pouring! Otherwise a cracking night out.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 5:01pm Jeff wrote:
Lounge of Lewes that rings a bell!
On 7 Jul 2017 at 7:32pm Historian wrote:
@billy, how old are your 'boys'. 4 & 6 maybe ?
On 7 Jul 2017 at 9:32pm Billy wrote:
19 and 22
On 8 Jul 2017 at 10:57am @Historian wrote:
I agree with you, Historian. How appalling that people under the age of 18 should go to a cafe. Outrageous.
On 9 Jul 2017 at 7:21pm The Twister wrote:
Historian. I agree with your comments about kids etc, but surely that's a good thing. Keeps them out of the pubs and other establishments where their truculent parents seem to think they have a right to inflict their ugly progeny on the rest of us.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Lewes 49:132
Keere Street Lewes

I find your first remark utterly vile and if I were running this forum I would ban you. You are either using me to make... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare