Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Lamb

On 28 Feb 2017 at 9:52pm Lopster wrote:
...on the subject of pubs going downhill...
Beware ANOTHER gastric, gastro?, pub looming...
The decline of [bloody good] live music venues looms too...
On 28 Feb 2017 at 9:57pm Tom wrote:
You are all kidding yourselves if you think Lewes has any gastro pubs. Need to get out more.
On 28 Feb 2017 at 10:08pm Mark wrote:
It's sad news - the second best music venue in Lewes gone. But if they can't balance the books selling beer anymore then who can blame them.
On 28 Feb 2017 at 10:20pm Tom wrote:
Extract from a proper gastro pub menu. All you DFLs moved to the wrong place!
Slow Cooked Duck Breast "a l'Orange" with Duck Sausage, Trompette and Rillette Tart. £38.00
Loin of Cotswold Venison with Boudin Noir Purée, Salt Baked Celeriac, Ragout Pie and Cow Puff. £38.50
"Fish du Jour" with Cuttlefish Dolma, Truffle Roast Artichoke, Hazelnuts and Wheat Beer Beurre Blanc. (Market Price)
Half Beer Roast Chicken with Citrus Braised Chicory, Pumpkin, Maple and Coffee Purée and Oak Gravy. £33.50
On 1 Mar 2017 at 6:37am The Traveler wrote:
I liked The Lamb when I was there.
What about the Black Horse Inn? I don't know about other stuff, but the pork was good. Haven't had a chance to try more, though.

Check it out here »
On 1 Mar 2017 at 9:54am Old misery wrote:
I don't go to pubs. Way too expensive. Get a nice pizza and a bottle of plonk from Aldi and watch an episode of Miss Marple. Perfect.
On 1 Mar 2017 at 12:36pm FakeNews wrote:
Is there actually any evidence that the pub is actually changing that much?
All smells a bit dodgy to me.
On 1 Mar 2017 at 12:42pm Actual news wrote:
No evidence whatsoever, people just love to exaggerate a rumour on here though.

I know the bloke who's going to be running it after the handover and he's going to be running it as a music venue.
On 1 Mar 2017 at 1:19pm Lopster wrote:
So, Actual News, it was well worth me starting this thread - thanks for the info. I appreciate it (particularly as it sounds like good news)
Thanks Webbo the Forum is alive and working well
On 1 Mar 2017 at 1:39pm Old forum wrote:
Like the good ole days
On 1 Mar 2017 at 3:04pm look down wrote:
Indeed it does work. And if you look down you will see that this subject was discussed a few days ago with the same outcome...

On 1 Mar 2017 at 7:32pm A board wrote:
Usually if someone says ' ABC tyres did a wonderful job.....' they are shot down as an advertising fake. Surely these 2 Lamb Pub threads are a great example of this dark art? Bloody good job

On 2 Mar 2017 at 12:46pm regia wrote:
Ooh the acidic comments.
On 2 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm Lopster wrote:
As a Lamb USER I definitely have its interests at heart - yes

On 2 Mar 2017 at 8:10pm Meic wrote:
I tlked to Alec today. The 18th will be the day of his last gig, but he gives the keys back on the 23rd.
Greed King (my term, not his) will be doing up the kitchens with a view to basic pub food, not "gastropub" stuff.
The likely next landord is the guy in overall charge of the Black Horse, Whether it will continue as a music venue is not yet known.
On 4 Mar 2017 at 10:59am Tiny Dancer wrote:
Can we keep the music and lose the miserable, po faced, stressy, rude bar staff?
On 5 Mar 2017 at 12:23pm Derek Guff wrote:
@Tiny Dancer
I have to say I find the bar staff very charming. The dreaded one is slightly morbid, but I tend to find that he balances it out quite nicely!
Overall I love the artisan craft-hippy vibe of the place. Very imaginative.
On 6 Mar 2017 at 12:56pm Johnny Fizzballs wrote:
Couldn't agree more Derek! I find the bar staff there really seem to know their beans shall we say. The one who looks like Jesus is particularly knowledgeable about his craft gins and James Bond theme tunes. A wonderfully eclectic establishment!

On 7 Mar 2017 at 11:16am Hoof Arted wrote:
Best live music venue in Lewes - shame. Bar staff are great - some of the pretentious customers need shooting. Not for the Viva Lewes crowd - very poor selection of gluten - free, dairy - free, vegan food & no Soya milk.

On 8 Mar 2017 at 3:40pm Roy Batty wrote:
If it follows the rest of the town, it will reopen as an Italian Charity Hairdressers, serving only "Artisanal" Coffee, Tea and Toast for which we will be charged in Lewes pounds by Vegan vestal virgins and scowled at by the local proletariat.
So get over yourself Lewes...
In the words of the "Joker" "this town needs an enema!!!"

Check it out here »

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cross 69:143
Lewes Cross

'Reclaim the streets' Tom? You jest. The same procession year after year on one day, the same relentless brainless 'patriotism'... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine
Brighton Jobs