Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The King's Head

On 27 Feb 2017 at 10:47pm Tom Paine wrote:
Normally, when a pub changes ownership, it gets better. Not the King's Head! It has merrily embraced going downmarket - I see from the latest Viva Lewes that it's offering poker nights and karaoke nights now, in addition to its useless range of drinks and apparently mediocre food. It's such a pity as Lewes could have done with a decent pub on Southover High Street.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 10:51pm Editrix wrote:
It's awful. It was never brilliant but now it's gone from slightly non descript to actually horrible.
On 28 Feb 2017 at 8:21am mummy bear wrote:
No problem- the Swan is just up the road and it's brilliant!
On 28 Feb 2017 at 9:29am Cbs wrote:
So it's gone from being a proper pub to a poncey eatery back to a pub again. Good on them. Food was pretty good a couple of weeks ago I dare say.
On 28 Feb 2017 at 11:17am Dave wrote:
I told them when they took it over, what they need is a pool table

On 28 Feb 2017 at 11:48am thinker wrote:
Not sure the neighbours will like it...
On 28 Feb 2017 at 4:26pm Old drinker wrote:
It was brilliant in early 90s! Ron the wheeler dealer then Colin and Sue....... needs to be like that again... proper boozer!!!!
On 28 Feb 2017 at 7:27pm Old Malling wrote:
Oh yes. Happy days Old Drinker. I think that I've only been in there a couple of times since Colin and Sue left. Sounds like it's got a bit of an identity crisis these days.
On 28 Feb 2017 at 9:28pm Old student wrote:
I use to drink there when it was at the tertiary college doing A levels...such carefree days
On 1 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm Old plumber wrote:
Used to drink there when training @ the Tech. Then later renewed the heating system ( while working for an Eastbourne company)
On 1 Mar 2017 at 8:07pm Mr R Spandit wrote:
As the only gay in Southover I am bitterly disappointed at an opportunity missed to raise the Rainbow Flag. This pub would have been perfect for a safe haven against the male football thuggery yoofs of the Lansdown and the Tony Norman prison environment of the near Swan Inn. We need a location to enjoy emptiness and solitude. Oh - it ticks all the boxes....
On 2 Mar 2017 at 12:51pm Dripping Pan Span wrote:
Mr Spandit - have we met, in the house near the Dripping Pan car park ? Back in the day before it was converted.
On 2 Mar 2017 at 2:52pm Pedro wrote:
Why do people make stuff up, or characters on this forum??

On 3 Mar 2017 at 5:55pm Padre wrote:
Because they can.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station 83:132
Lewes Station

Having seen both schools for open days, I am torn.

Can people please give me their experience - bad or good? I keep being... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington