Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Culture Minister

On 6 Apr 2014 at 1:06pm Clifford wrote:
I'm glad to see no-one on here is demanding that the Culture Minister should resign over her quite understandable mistakes in her expenses claims. Who hasn't made the same kind of error? That she has Hunt and Duncan Smith supporting her shows what a fine upstanding person she is. We need more like her.

On 6 Apr 2014 at 1:48pm Border Control wrote:
Absolutely. Don't it make us realise what a quality bunch they are.

On 6 Apr 2014 at 2:42pm Topol wrote:
I am sure our own MP Mr Baker, who used to have such a lot to say about expenses, will also support her vociferously, knowing , as he does, the difference between an obvious error and the outrageous expense fiddling that he used to enjoy exposing before he was in Government himself. Maybe someone would like to ask him?
On 6 Apr 2014 at 6:24pm Old Trout wrote:
Super Lady, really super. We need more like her, lots and lots more. Really, we do.

On 6 Apr 2014 at 6:51pm Clifford wrote:
Four posts and we all agree. It's heartwarming to know that a cross section of Lewes people appreciate class, style and commitment in our politicians. I wonder if we should invite the minister down for Bonfire. I'm sure things would go with a bang.

On 6 Apr 2014 at 11:05pm Abacus wrote:
I find it strange she cliamed just short of the full allowance available , she was £115 quid short having claimed over 99k , that's a well judged mistake I would say , maybe the could all have a room in our new premier inn , and the travel with our norm , he could keep abs on them as well as the train service simples

On 7 Apr 2014 at 9:26am Scrounger wrote:
You try claiming benefits erroneously of £99k !!!

On 7 Apr 2014 at 1:16pm Town Flyer wrote:
It is unbelievable isn't it. I am almost speechless. She (though she isn't the only one) again has taken the pi$$ out of all of us. An immediate firing, AND pay back all the money I reckon.
Hoping the press really goes to town.
On 8 Apr 2014 at 6:31am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I think repaying about 12% of what you claimed in error is about right, and look forward to the same principle being extended to benefit claimants.
After all, we're all in this together, aren't we?
On 8 Apr 2014 at 1:15pm Taff wrote:
If she stays in post then I take that as another measure of the disdain us oiks are considered to be by this government/coalition shysters.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

The media is full of evidence about drug use amongst senior Tories… and yet they are the ones pontificating ! More Tory... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina