Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Claque @ Lewes Saturday Folk Club, 9th April

On 3 Apr 2011 at 10:41am Julia Squeezer wrote:
The Claque sing mainly English traditional songs in extraordinary four-part vocal harmony, with a rich, striking and inventive sound; sometimes sweet and solemn, sometimes bright and playful, sometimes dark and dangerous.
We meet in the Elephant & Castle from 8.00 - 11.00 pm. Entrance is £7 and everyone's welcome, especially if you'd like to sing or play. No membership is needed.
The Claque also lead an all-day workshop on traditional ballads - the great songs which tell epic stories of love, murder, magic, incest, infanticide and war. You can hear some short sound samples on the link I'll attempt to attach about their CD.

On 3 Apr 2011 at 10:42am Julia Squeezer wrote:
Alas, I couldn't get the link to work, so here it is:
h++p://www.wildgoose.co.uk/displayAlbum.asp?PRODUCT_ID=152

On 3 Apr 2011 at 10:59am Webbo wrote:
Or you could

Check it out here »

On 8 Apr 2011 at 8:29am Julia Squeezer wrote:
This should give a link to The Claque singing a short song at a private party; the recording quality isn't good, but you get an idea of the enormous energy and power of the harmonies.
I'm trying to see if Internet Explorer will let me add a video link - Mozilla won't.

Watch the video »

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo