Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

That petition about Trump

On 30 Jan 2017 at 1:40pm robp wrote:
The petition to prevent Donald Trump getting a state visit to the UK has been getting some airing.8 But the people of Lewes are lagging behind Brighton.
So far only 3.16% of people in the Lewes constituency have signed it, compared to 3.73% in Kemptown, 4% in Hove, and a massive 6.7% in Brighton Pavilion. Come on, Lewes, up your game.

Check it out here »
On 30 Jan 2017 at 1:48pm Hmmm wrote:
So to register your disgust at him banning visitors from certain countries, you want to ban him from visiting the UK?
Unbelievable...
On 30 Jan 2017 at 1:51pm @robp wrote:
Clearly the majority of people are not whining cry babies like you who try and ban everything that offends them. Grow up and stop over-reacting.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 1:52pm old bike wrote:
@hmmm. If you took the time to read the petition you would see that your assumption is utterly incorrect. Brexiteer by any chance?
On 30 Jan 2017 at 2:04pm The Greek wrote:
The petition isn't about banning him. He can still come and conduct official business as the head of the US government, but shouldn't be awarded the pomp and circumstance of a state visit.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 2:15pm Loyalist ear wrote:
Trump is totally going to be swayed by a petition when the whole global elite is calling him literally hitler!
On 30 Jan 2017 at 2:26pm Corbynista wrote:
I wouldnt let Trump use my toilet. Orange sh#thead
On 30 Jan 2017 at 2:32pm Tr petition.Please Sign wrote:
Here is that petition about Trump.Please sign.

Check it out here »
On 30 Jan 2017 at 3:16pm Grow Up wrote:
Ffs you Lewes snowflakes
On 30 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm @Old Bike wrote:
Why would I take the time to read the petition, the OP clearly stated "The petition to prevent Donald Trump getting a state visit to the UK"... At that point I want nothing to do with it.
If the petition is not about that, maybe the OP should not have said it was...
Maybe take the time to read the post next time Old Bike instead of just skipping to the link?
Glad I'm not one of the 3 people that signed it before it was locked, I can guarantee you are now being investigated by Prism for your views.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 3:45pm Clifford wrote:
Far better that Trump should come here and face mass demonstrations against him. Then we'd have the pleasure of seeing the Met showing whose side they're on by attacking the demonstrators, as they did in 2015 on the visit of the Chinese president.

Check it out here »
On 30 Jan 2017 at 3:49pm Old bike wrote:
Precisely that, a state visit, not banning him from entering the country as you suggested.
I realise that detail and nuance is not valued in the new era of stupidity, of which you are clearly a fine ambassador.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:07pm Old bike wrote:
Oh boy! Poor old Hmmm. Clicked on the link, didn't read it or would have realised it was a link to a non related and historic petition, still ignorantly blunders on about Prism and reading things properly.
Heaven help us.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:09pm @Old bike wrote:
And if you had taken the time to click the link...
Oh the irony...
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:24pm Old bike wrote:
I did, after your second post. I'd signed the petition last night so didn't feel the need to look again.
Out of interest,do you suppose that this petition would have been the lead item on every single news channel since last night if, as you pointed out, only three people had signed it?
Perhaps you're not as well informed as you suggest.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:32pm robp wrote:
Well, I managed to link to something entirely different. maybe something to do with the way this forum adds links. i copied and pasted from the trump petition, then found I had to paste the link into the link box several times before it finally took. Apologies to everyone, but I note someone else has put the correct link in. And I see we are now at 3.54% of the constituency. But still behind Brighton.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:39pm @Old bike wrote:
Suggest you click the link Old bike, you're making yourself out to look very stupid... Out of interest, not sure what news you're watching, but if you seriously signed this... Prism is watching you...
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:41pm Old bike wrote:
Ok, I give in. You smell!
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:45pm @old bike wrote:
That may be true, but click the flipping link anyway...!
On 30 Jan 2017 at 4:53pm Old bike wrote:
I did. As I stated in my earlier post. The link is incorrect, confirmed by robp. It seems to relate to racial abuse.
I think we all know which petition is being discussed, well, those of us who could be bothered to read it anyway.

On 30 Jan 2017 at 5:27pm Hmmm wrote:
But as I said originally, it just makes no sense.
It's like hitting a child for being violent, all you're teaching them is violence is a solution.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 5:30pm Old bike wrote:
No, let him come, no ban on entry, just do not extend the trip to be a State Visit. I.e meeting the Queen etc etc.
That is what the petition asks for.
Are you being deliberately obtuse?
On 30 Jan 2017 at 5:44pm Eh? wrote:
Currently more than 1,390,000 signatures. 3,305 from Lewes constituency.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 5:54pm Old bike wrote:
Seemingly, not that difficult to comprehend then?
On 30 Jan 2017 at 5:59pm @eh? wrote:
no one cares - The data shows they're predominantly from london boroughs and loads who are not from the UK - surprise surprise.
Total electorate in this country: 46,204,700
On 30 Jan 2017 at 6:19pm Local wrote:
Gives people something to do instead of work, etc.
Can't imagine many of those signing it approve of the pomp of state visits anyway, so seems all rather hypocritical to me.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 7:42pm Eh? wrote:
Where's the data that says most signatories are "not from the UK"?
On 30 Jan 2017 at 8:55pm Windy Bag wrote:
Hi, i love to discuss politics. I see this forum is the best place for in depth discussions. I also like to play with myself and have no friends. Pedro you sound like a really interesting guy.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 8:56pm Southstreeter wrote:
3.54 % wow ! Whoop whoop , you've got him banged to rights eh . Impressive how he gets stuff done isn't it , rather than banging on about getting things done and never managing .
On 30 Jan 2017 at 9:08pm pitiful wrote:
looking at the thumbs up and thumbs down and responses to this thread (particularly the last one) there are some seriously nasty people in lewes. my guess is its not an accurate representation of the town as this forum offers an easy platform for their hateful views. majority are likely to be brexiters who are still venting their hatred even though the process they want is under way.....
On 30 Jan 2017 at 10:39pm Southstreeter wrote:
@pitiful great name by the way , oh yeah of course you must be right and everyone who doesn't share your view must be A: wrong and B: hateful . Lucky you for being so right about everything and everyone .
On 30 Jan 2017 at 11:12pm Paki wrote:
Paki. He said paki and you gave him thumbs up. Terrible. I hope we all die soon. Shame on you southstreeter
On 31 Jan 2017 at 12:29am Southsteeter wrote:
Yeah shame on me for having an opinion that doesn't match yours , how dare I . Btw I neither do thumbs up or down , it always seems a silliness and I imagine weirdos drooling as they get another thumbs up therefore validating their existence .
On 31 Jan 2017 at 8:47am observer wrote:
Webbo please delete this thread. Casual racism corrodes decency.
On 31 Jan 2017 at 9:48am Towney wrote:
Oh shut up observer, bet you were first at the teacher's desk with an apple.
On 31 Jan 2017 at 12:02pm expat wrote:
pro trump petitions number 165230 and 178844 are increasing votes by the minute! oh and as for petitions.. read it somewhere as Jeremy Clarkson got 1.6 million votes to be prime minister when he was sacked. so much for petitions eh? ;-)

1 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mercury and Magnesium 99:143
Mercury and Magnesium

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine