Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Thanks a million

 
1
On 21 Jan 2009 at 2:01pm Kendall80 wrote:
to the person who nearly knocked my wife over flat on her back while running down the steps for a train at Lewes station a couple of nights ago. She was coming up the steps carrying a bag, surrounded by all the others who had just got off the train, and you were so intent on catching this train that you couldn't be bothered to stop, move aside and wait an extra few seconds, could you? No you had to run right through her and even push her out of your way, causing her to stumble and nearly lose her balance on the stairs.
I realise the train was due to leave, and that you no doubt had a very important reason why you wanted to catch it. But was it a good enough reason to shove her roughly aside, causing her to drop her handbag and nearly fall over backwards down the steps? Was it such a vital appointment that you couldn't have stopped to check she was ok, perhaps even helped her back up? Was the word"sorry" at least, such a hard word to manage?
For all you knew, she could have been pregnant and could have had a bad fall down the stairs due to your selfishness. I wasn't there at the time, and you should be thankful I wasn't.
 
 
On 21 Jan 2009 at 6:15pm tom wrote:
Listen ken yes it was very important that i got that train im sorry for brushing past your wife but i think she is making a meal out of it. i bet she made you cook the dinner and rub her feet as she was to upset. what would you had done if you was there?
 
 
On 21 Jan 2009 at 9:14pm Kendall80 wrote:
Grow up.
 
1
On 21 Jan 2009 at 9:34pm chav wrote:
It is because she is so fat that where ever he was on the stairs he wud ave bumped into her?
 
1
On 21 Jan 2009 at 9:47pm decent citizen wrote:
Tom"It was obviously more than"brushing past"this mans wife.He was annoyed enough to write on here!Spelling and grammer corrections .It is not WAS it is were, also it is TOO .Sounds like your spelling is as bad as your manners.
 
1
On 21 Jan 2009 at 10:44pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Nice to see you back Chav!
 
 
On 21 Jan 2009 at 10:57pm geoff wrote:
maybe the poor man bumped into this woman, because he was blinded by lots of Burberry plaid, gold plated bling, and glary white chavvy trainers, of a non-ticket passenger trying unsuccessfully, to sneak up the stairs?
 
 
On 21 Jan 2009 at 11:12pm Decent Citizen wrote:
How rude CHAV.Sounds like you are as ignorant as TOM the man with such bad manners.
 
1
On 22 Jan 2009 at 1:05pm Commuter wrote:
I often get shoved out the way by people desperate to get their train, so rude! they never look where they are going either. If I had been there when your wife was nearly knocked over I would have shouted at them for you!
 
1
On 22 Jan 2009 at 1:18pm Kendall80 wrote:
My wife is a hardworking honest person who is always polite and courteous to people, she did not deserve that.
 
 
On 22 Jan 2009 at 3:02pm s.oliver wrote:
I am surprised our Burberry covered, plated bling wearing, white trainer clad friend 'Chav' seems know what a station, is, as i would have thought he spent all his time in the back seat of a mates blue with gold hub-cap Subaru
 
1
On 22 Jan 2009 at 3:41pm Linz wrote:
wow thats really bad, how rude! I would have yelled at them too. Arrogant idiot!
 
 
On 22 Jan 2009 at 6:54pm Angry of Lewes wrote:
"at them" "AT them" at THEM" "AT THEM" - does that help???? whjy should you want anyone to shout that mintcake? hope its helped though
 
 
On 22 Jan 2009 at 8:02pm RedNeck wrote:
errmm..angry of lewes, are you on drugs or something?
1
 
On 22 Jan 2009 at 8:34pm DECENT CITIZEN wrote:
Oh dear Angry of Lewes!Yet another moron!What is Lewes coming to?
 
 
On 22 Jan 2009 at 8:43pm DECENT CITIZEN wrote:
kendall80 Hope your wife is ok.Just to let you know, that thankfully, there are more decent people than the likes of the few morons who have written there rubbish on here.
 
 
On 22 Jan 2009 at 9:35pm Kendall80 wrote:
Thanks D.C, yeah I was just really angry. People are so unbelievably thoughtless I couldn't believe it when she told me. Me and him will be having words if I ever see him.
 
 
On 22 Jan 2009 at 10:19pm yawn wrote:
Since angry Kendall80 you weren't there, and don't know who it was, or what they actually did, then it seems to me that you are potentially as much a menace with your 'be thankful I wasn't there' threats, as the thoughtless person who rushed for a train without thinking of others first and nearly caused an accident.
I am sure many of us have regretfully done the same thing rushing for a train, and would be happy to apologise. Apparently you know better, live in a world of perfection, and have never make a mistake. You also seem to have an ability to go back in time to where your wife was to identify this unfortunate, but pretty minimal misdemeanour. Your wife isn't preganant, and didn't fall, so whilst it wasn't good, nothing really terrible happened, unless, you are both such fragile poppets that you cannot walk out the door without being frightened by the everyday rough and tumble of perfectly normal human behaviour.
At least the idiot train dasher didn't plan to hurt anyone, which is what you sound like you would do. that is called 'premeditated behaviour' and is generally not welcomed by the criminal justice system.
So calm down, get some perspective, and try to be a little more tolerant of other peoples mistakes before you bust a blood vessel. We are talking about Lewes train station, after all, not the lawless hoods of the dodgiest parts of LA.
1
 
On 23 Jan 2009 at 5:46pm Kendall80 wrote:
What an ignorant idiot you've just proven yourself to be.
1)Did I ever say I was perfect or have never made a mistake? No I am simply an angry (perfectly justified) husband. How would you feel if someone did that to somebody close to you? I have a right to post my feelings on here if I wish, that is the purpose of this board.
2) Pushing somebody violently with no provocation, causing them to fall over, especially down some steps, is not "minimal." What kind of world do you live in? If my wife had fallen and broken something it would be a matter for the police and it's lucky she didn't.
3) How do you know my wife "isn't pregnant?" Did I state that she wasn't? No, once again it was your assumption. FYI, not that its any of your business, she had a miscarriage 2 years ago because of a fall and we are trying for a baby now, once again. Now do you see why I was angry as a concerned and understandably protective husband?
4)"Fragile little poppets?" Don't resort to childish name calling. It doesn't make you look good.
5) "Premeditated behaviour?" Did I say that I would be "planning to hurt him?" You have a bad habit of putting words in people's mouths. All I said was that he should be glad that I wasn't there, because if I was, I would have given him the shouting at that he deserved. I never said I was or plan to be violent with him. Your assumption, once again.
6) I am very tolerant of people's mistakes, however as most people can see this wasn't a mistake. He deliberately shoved her down some stairs. Understand now?
I don't know why you feel you have to attack me for simply stating my views and showing my anger, which was fully justified but all I can say is, try and think next time before opening your mouth.
1
 
On 23 Jan 2009 at 9:28pm Yawn wrote:
I wouldn't nornally bother, but why not.
1. Your writing gives the impression of a very aggressive person who lets of steam ranting at a load of people, about something that neither they or you saw, that involved someone else that you can't identify.
2. You are confused. First you say someone pushed your wife violently causing her to fall over down some steps, and then you say it is lucky your wife didn't fall and break something.
3.You said she 'could' have been pregnant, are you now saying she is?
4. good grief.
5. I think you will find that most people would interpret the expression "I wasn't there at the time, and you should be thankful i wasn't" as being rather threatening. You might also notice that i said 'sounds like'.
6. So did he shove her down the stairs or not? You see, the things is you are now saying she did, but if you read your first paragraph you said the opposite, using the word 'nearly' I am sure you would agree that you wouldn't make a very reliable witness, especially as i have already pointed out, you didn't actually witness anything, because you weren't there. Do you have video footage or something?
7. If you don't like people challenging your comments then don't post them on a public web site. You seem to want to be able to rant on as you like, but not let anyone else do the same thing, unless they agree with you.
It seems to me that your poor wife had an unpleasant but brief experience, that many,many of us have also had. and that luckily didn't get worse. Perhaps the person who could have knocked your wife over is an idiot? I don't know, and neither do you. So when you track him down, using Interpol, Lewes forum, and some fox hounds, just be prepared for the fact that he might be some sad individual who thoughtlessly knocked your wife accidentally because following a call from a hospital he was rushing there panicked in an emergency. Your assumption is that he was not.
 
 
On 24 Jan 2009 at 10:50am wantstomovefromlewes wrote:
Yawn, you're bang out of order, leave the guy alone he's upset because of what happened!!
 
 
On 24 Jan 2009 at 11:06am Kendall80 wrote:
1. "Your writing gives the impression of a very aggressive person who lets of steam ranting,"
No. You are wrong. My posts were not "aggressive" I was angry because of what happened to my wife. As I have every right to be.
2. "You are confused. First you say someone pushed your wife violently causing her to fall over down some steps, and then you say it is lucky your wife didn't fall and break something."
Errmmm...read it again, moron. I said it's lucky she didn't fall and BREAK SOMETHING AND ITS LUCKY SHE DIDN'T. As in, break her ankle, leg whatever. Understand now? My guess is, no.
3."You said she 'could' have been pregnant, are you now saying she is?"
What I actually said is, for all the guy knew she could have been pregnant. Simply stating a fact. I didnt say one way or the other if she was or not. You chose to assume that she wasn't.
4. "good grief." Name calling is childish and calling somebody a fragile little poppet shows ignorance and is not usually used by people over 12.
5."I think you will find that most people would interpret the expression "I wasn't there at the time, and you should be thankful i wasn't" as being rather threatening."
I think most people would understand that that doesn't mean I would be violent to this guy, just shout at him as he deserved to be shouted at. Read the above posts from people who said they would have shouted at him for me if they had been there.
6. "So did he shove her down the stairs or not? You see, the things is you are now saying she did, but if you read your first paragraph you said the opposite, using the word 'nearly' I am sure you would agree that you wouldn't make a very reliable witness, especially as i have already pointed out, you didn't actually witness anything, because you weren't there. Do you have video footage or something?"
See above. I said "nearly" as she told me that she was this close to falling over backward and had to grab the hand rail to steady herself. What part of that is hard for you to work out? No I don't need video footage, because I believe what my wife tells me.
7. "If you don't like people challenging your comments then don't post them on a public web site. You seem to want to be able to rant on as you like, but not let anyone else do the same thing, unless they agree with you."
You were not "challenging" my comments you were deliberately attacking them and making sarcastic remarks, calling me and my wife "poppets" and generally being nasty. Are you such a sad and lonely individual you have to do that with your time? I'm thinking, probably yes.
"So when you track him down, using Interpol, Lewes forum, and some fox hounds, just be prepared for the fact that he might be some sad individual who thoughtlessly knocked your wife accidentally because following a call from a hospital he was rushing there panicked in an emergency. Your assumption is that he was not."
Even if he was on an emergency he could still have stopped for 2 seconds, and if he couldn't manage that, then the word "sorry" is quite easy to manage.
 
 
On 24 Jan 2009 at 11:13am eeyore wrote:
Bravo kendal80 for shutting that idiot up. hope your wife is ok, sorry to hear about it. i had that happen to me too when i was getting off at polegate, some guy didnt even wait for me to get off he just pushed right past me and i fell over, my m8 yelled oi at him and he just mumbled sorry, dangerous idiot can;t even say sory!!
 
 
On 24 Jan 2009 at 2:14pm LTR wrote:
Kendall/wanttomovefrom Lewes/eeyore,
Yawn's comments are not universally disagreed with. The underlying problem that Kendall has, is that his posts do come across as very aggressive. Well they do to me. They might not have been intended to be, and that is just one of the disadvantages of writing. "I wasn't there at the time, and you should be thankful I wasn't" may not seem an intimidating and sinister threat to you, but its not the kind of thing I would ever say. Adding the words 'because I would have given you the shouting at you deserved" doesn't help much either.
It is hard to tell what happened because none of us were there. Kendall's poor wife was hit by surprise, and can't have really known exactly what happened. The person who bumped into her didn't hang around so who knows what was going on. I think it is very dangerous to make any assumptions based on such shaky 'evidence' Luckily all the terrible consequences Kendall has pondered over didn't happen, so from my point of view they aren't worth putting into the equation. Yawn actually agrees with Kendall that it was idiotic, but points out that he is getting very wound up, without bearing in mind that the world is not black and white, and there might be an explaination. Kendall says himself that people shouldn't make assumptions!
To my mind it is the kind of thing that is worth a quick justifiable rant between his wife and himself, when she got home, followed by some pampering, so that it doesn't ruin their evening. I can guarantee that if his wife uses the train regularly, that it will happen again, especially if she uses the london underground. If we all 'have words' with every person who does it, we will face three responses.
1 The person will be rightfully ashamed of their selfish behaviour and be duly reprimanded
2. They will apologise, and explain why it happened, and we will feel a bit embarassed for being so harsh
3. Wewill get stabbed by an out of control mentalist who will shove anyone, because they don't know what they are doing, and don't care.
 
 
On 25 Jan 2009 at 11:49am eeyore wrote:
Yeah agreed with but that guy was really rude to him, really condascending and calling him names and syaing he was aggressive - well he had a RIGHT to be aggressive if that happened to my wife or gf i would pull the guy back off the train by his collar and make him apologise, so would everyone i know, being late for a train doesnt excuse pushing someone down some steps for gods sake she could have been really hurt.
 
 
On 26 Jan 2009 at 9:36am Andrew Richardson wrote:
This just seems like a mountain out of a molehill. Careless tw*t in a rush for a train almost pushes someone over, who doesn't get hurt. I would probably forget about that after, ooh, an hour? Sure, it's not right but not worth getting bothered about. Don't go to London, you'll probably die at the sight of it all.
 
 
On 26 Jan 2009 at 12:27pm Geoff wrote:
With Andrew on this. If you are going to get angry about some violence that did happen, try channelling your energies into raising and sending some aid money to Gaza. A conflict inflamed by stubborn individuals who will never apologize or forgive and forget!
 
 
On 26 Jan 2009 at 2:46pm chav wrote:
Or get yourself a chick that don't moan over nothing. Send her round mine. I'll give her something to moan about. I'll probly put her up the duff to if you can't manage it.
 
 
On 26 Jan 2009 at 3:31pm Agony Aunt wrote:
Alternatively, swimming with dolphins would be beneficial
 
 
On 26 Jan 2009 at 5:30pm Hedwig wrote:
"chav?" Sounds about right. What a stupid and pointless thing to say.
 
1
On 27 Jan 2009 at 7:10pm Kendall80 wrote:
Hey Hed (lol) don't worry too much. These people's opinions mean nothing to me. They're clearly very dim to think that pushing a woman roughly down some stairs is in any way "minimal" and I shouldn't be angry about it. Obviously they're just too simple to realise that this is actually classed as an assualt and it is not something you could just forget about.
Yes..and chavs generally are stupid and pointless. Judging by his comments he is too. I don't think I will be sending my wife round his any time soon, she prefers decent mature men who have jobs and a social life, not fat lazy saddos that think they're somehow attractive to women.
Anyway its been a pleasure, back to work tomorrow. And please everyone - watch where you're going next time you're running for a train.


6 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Buskers in Lewes 17:132
Buskers in Lewes

Did the culture of self-aggrandising 'grief' begin with Lady Di's death or has it always been around. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams