Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Thanks Pells

On 22 Jul 2016 at 8:57pm Celine wrote:
I'm sitting in my house with all the windows shut (though Id like them open in this weather) trying to listen to a very beautiful Mozart aria on the Proms and all I can hear is thump, thump, thump from the Pells again. So are any of the management committee going to come on to the forum to explain why I have to listen to the Pells instead of the proms?
On 22 Jul 2016 at 9:33pm Fred2016 wrote:
This is Lewes. Your music is there all year the Pells open for few days each year. Live and let live, life is too short, stress less....
On 22 Jul 2016 at 9:45pm Eric C wrote:
Yet another misery guts preferring to moan on here rather than do anything that might actually achieve a result.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 9:47pm air on a G string wrote:
I say !
On 22 Jul 2016 at 10:21pm Result wrote:
I'll tell you how to achieve a result, complain to environmental health. But as a side thought be a good neighbour and approach Pells first, they might not be aware of the issue.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 10:49pm Celine wrote:
I want to approach the management committee of the Pells but they are clearly too cowardly to defend their position on this forum! That is if they have a position or more likely they don't manage their bookings properly.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 11:03pm Local wrote:
The Pells was there before you moved in, if you don't like it, move.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 11:06pm Celine wrote:
Rubbish Local. This is about consideration for other people not about who was there first. You are not in the school playground anymore. Or is your Dad bigger than my Dad!? Grow up.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 12:06am Local wrote:
How often is the Pells open past 9pm in the Summer? Is it unreasonable on a Friday night for music to be played at the Pells before 9pm? If you move in to Lewes and are next door to an outdoor swimming, or Pub you would expect there to be noise. Why should the Pells compromise with someone who cannot be bothered to talk to them about the noise? Why should the Pells Committee come on the forum to discuss the issue? The options are simple 1) put up with it 2) speak to the Pells 3) move house away from the Pells. Hopefully not too play ground for you Celine.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 12:27am Dear Lord wrote:
Typical DFL
Moves in near a public amenity then moans about it.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 12:28am Hyena wrote:
Celine, maybe if all your windows were open and I was living close to you your 'beautiful Mozart aria' would disturb me.
Unless you want to live in complete isolation it appears that you will never achieve tranquility.

On 23 Jul 2016 at 6:46am Pelts pool manager wrote:
I don't read or know of the forums existence so , sorry not really going to reply , you must live in social media bubble , Write , phone or take the trouble to visit us , And on the cheeky side go for a nice walk and sky plus it or whatever the IT people do , And I'm not really anything to do with the pelts au can't even swim , X
On 23 Jul 2016 at 7:47am voice of reason wrote:
The problem ofcourse is amplified music. It really doesn't have to be played so loudly. It is not reasonable that people are placed under seige in their own home. And it is perfectly reasonable for Celine to want to preserve her peace and quiet in the face of invasive thumping music. Nor should she be told to go for a nice walk. Environmental Health is the way to go Celine if the pool management are not up for negotiation.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 8:08am Ben wrote:
I know of a woman who moved in there and complained to the school about the playground noise . Why live in a town if you want peace and quiet? Can I suggest seriously you get yourself a pair of the readily available wireless headphones. Very lightweight and comfortable, you don't feel you are wearing them. Turn up the volume, everyone's a winner.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 9:12am Eric C wrote:
My original reply got removed. Not sure why as it was not abusive. Anyway, I think you're just another typical miserable Lewes whinger.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 9:26am Reality wrote:
Celine,
Instead of ranting behind a keyboard get off your backside and go and speak to the Pells face to face. Why should they make themselves available on a forum just because you can't be bothered to walk or at least phone?
On 23 Jul 2016 at 10:40am Celine wrote:
We have left messages for them but no one gets back to us surprise suprise. I think it is reasonable to bring this to a local forum because the Pells is a local amenity and how it's managed and therefore affects people who live near it is a local issue. I'm ignoring the usual ignorant postings such as the usual DFL rubbish. Poor thinking ability is all it demonstrates. Amplified music and other unnecessary noise is a real problem.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 11:09am Feline wrote:
I can't believe that no one would respond if you have made contact , Phil is a smashing guy and I'm sure he would talk to you if you got in touch , it might well be a local amenity but it doesn't mean that anyone from the pelts reads this , Purrrrfect
On 23 Jul 2016 at 11:11am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Why do people move into properties close to venues that have events and then moan about noise?
It's every bit as daft as people who move to the country and then complain about the noise of farmers harvesting late into the evening.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 11:31am Celine wrote:
I am actually not living in the Pells area so how would I know it existed? Also, it's a swimming pool not a music venue. That's what I was told, and that's what it is. The music venue is very much a secondary and relatively recent phenomenon. If you want to turn somewhere into an entertainment venue you need to make sure you're not creating a noise nuisance.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 9:51pm Result wrote:
Celine as I said in my first post, just call the council. FYI you can get some fairly accurate decibel meter for most smart phones, suggest you get one if nothing else it will help you put the noise level in perspective. I'm not saying you're being dramatic but it might be a lot lower than you think.
On 24 Jul 2016 at 7:04pm Celine wrote:
Leaf, I'm not going to suggest what you need to do with yourself because I'm not still in the school playground. Your response is infantile.
On 25 Jul 2016 at 9:45am leaf wrote:
Yes it is, and constantly complaining about people having fun is small minded .
On 25 Jul 2016 at 2:14pm Town Flyer wrote:
Live music at the Pells is not a relatively recent phenomenon. I've been going there for at nearly 30 years to listen to live music. And why not, it is an open air public venue. Not that this helps Celine of course, but it is something she should have been warned about maybe.

13 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 54:143
Lewes antiques centre

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell