Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Thank Heaven (& the voulnteers) for the Pells Pool

On 27 Jun 2011 at 10:43am Julia Squeezer wrote:
Can't wait to get in the Pool today. The water is sparklingly brilliant thanks to the new circulation system (about 18 deg C and rising) and the grassy lawn and sun terraces are calling.
h++p://www.pellspool.org.uk/

On 27 Jun 2011 at 12:40pm MC wrote:
The water is 18 degrees C? That sounds unusually warm for the Pells. Almost feel tempted myself now.

On 27 Jun 2011 at 12:51pm supporter wrote:
happy days spent there when I was young

Check it out here »

On 27 Jun 2011 at 12:52pm supporter wrote:
link didn't work.

On 27 Jun 2011 at 1:02pm Julia Squeezer wrote:
The water temperature is now 21 deg C 72 deg. F and the Pool is open until 8.00 pm tonight. Many thanks to Phil Rawnsley, the Pool manager, and his cheerful team of lifeguards and volunteers for keeping it open.
h++p://www.pellspool.org.uk/

On 27 Jun 2011 at 2:26pm Julia Squeezer wrote:
My apologies, there is a private booking this evening but the Pool will be open until 7.00 pm to the general public today, 27tgh. June. It generally stays open later if the weather is good, so it's always worth ringing the Pool to check.

On 27 Jun 2011 at 3:07pm MC wrote:
Yes many thanks to all involved. Volunteers like these are the life blood of all good communities.

Great to see that the Big Society already exists... just not in the circles David Cameron moves in, obviously.

On 29 Jun 2011 at 9:09am Julia Squeezer wrote:
Swimming in the Pells during yesterday's monsoon was a surreal experience; the water stayed warm and so did the air, with glimpses of sunshine even while the rain pelted down and thunder rolled. The manager cleared the pool a couple of times while the lightning was right overhead.
A few years ago I was at the Pool when a sudden cloudburst struck on a hot afternoon. The people in the water leapt out to move their clothes somewhere sheltered, and the people on the grass leapt into the water to get out of the rain. It was rather like a Buster Keaton film.
It was all very thrilling for a couple of dozen youngsters in their early teens, who were almost beside themselves with excitement.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses in Lewes 15:132
Burning Crosses in Lewes

To be fair, I think Dominic Cummings staying put is actually doing the Labour party a favour. He's manipulated people to become... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle