Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tescos and fat people

On 30 Dec 2006 at 8:15pm Viva wrote:
In a recent survey the average Tesco shopper was found to be over 10 kilos overweight- why don't the Lewes Tescos fatties get out and walk up and down a bit more and use the shops at the top of school hill-?
close tescos car park now!

On 31 Dec 2006 at 7:01am SHS wrote:
Here's a suggestion. First, build two FREE car parks with an area slightly in excess of that of the current (we love) Tesco's car park. One would be on the site of the current Chandlers to serve small shops in Cliffe, the other would be somewhere at the top of School Hill (make Westgate Street multi-storey?) to serve small shops at the top of the High Street. Second, turn the (we love) Tesco's car park into a community fruit & veg growing area for anyone prepared to pay a very small nominal rent. Third, reduce the rents on high street shops to the same level per square foot as those paid by (we love) Tesco's. Fourth, allow all supermarket shoppers to take the shopping carts across town from (we love) Tesco's or (we love even more) Waitrose to the two new car-parks. Fifth, run a free circular shuttle bus running every 5 to 10 minutes around town and close the town to all lorries between 10.00 and 16.00. Result - a level playing field full of opportunity for all. Simple.

On 2 Jan 2007 at 1:43pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Make the Phoenix car park in Cliffe 2 storey. Understand reasoning behind making chandlers a car park, but would be a nightmare for South street.

On 2 Jan 2007 at 9:09pm expat 2 wrote:
On the subject of Tesco's car park, is there any good reason why people who take their children to Tescos get premium parking spots, ie next to the disableds?
If they insist on needing more space than the average shopper, then fine, but put them at the bottom end of the car park - that way the kids might burn off a bit of energy, be a bit less fractuous and won't need all that smacking.
Does Tesco have a policy here of allocating these best spaces for the higher spender?

On 24 Jan 2007 at 8:17pm shod wrote:
Tescos is a bloody eyesore in Lewes. Burn it i say.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Lewes 110:132
Station Lewes

Well PANCETTA, I changed my shirt this morning without having a nervous breakdown and I changed my mind about a couple of ideas I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde