Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tesco petrol station

On 10 Dec 2014 at 11:48pm Card fraud wrote:
My debit card has been hacked. Im pretty certain it happened at the Tesco pay at pump in Lewes on Monday evening at about 6.15pm.
I know there have been previous instances of card fraud at the Tesco pumps.
Please be wary - my bank tells me there has been a massive increase in card fraud recently.
On 11 Dec 2014 at 6:45am been done wrote:
my card was done there at the end of last year, I don't use pay at pump anywhere now and only get cash back from supermarket checkouts rather than cash m/cs.
Its about time Tesco took measures to protect their customers, it so often seems to be them that are the target
On 16 Dec 2014 at 7:37am Boom! wrote:
It is really easy to blame Tesco saying it is their fault customers are being targeted by fraudsters, but surely it is the fraudsters who are sick enough to do this to innocent people that should be blamed? Also, I see far too many people putting their PIN numbers in without covering their hand thinking no one is looking, by doing this you may as well be giving your pin to everyone around you! Unfortunately in the world we live in now, fraud is rife. Everyone needs to take extra measures to protect themselves. Cover your pin, check your statements as frequently and as soon as possible, keep your internet security up to date and if you do lose your bank card, cancel it straight away!! Otherwise you should not be surprised if you get targeted by a fraudster.
On 20 Dec 2014 at 3:18pm Hang on wrote:
So are you saying Tesco staff made a copy of your card and acquired your pin number?

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lansdown Penny 117:132
The Lansdown Penny

I see you still pay no attention to the bits that might tax the old grey cells. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane
Brighton Jobs