Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tesco car park

On 22 Oct 2007 at 8:31am Lewesianne wrote:
I still can't come to terms with a parking fine I got in Tesco car park about 3 years ago! It was pouring down with rain, car park was chokka, I only had about half hour to do my shopping and I'd already spent 10 minutes driving round and round and round to find a space. Most of the disabled spaces were empty so I parked in one. Of course, the bas....d must have been hiding in the bushes and gave me a ticket 2 minutes after I'd parked.
I went back in the shop to complain and they were totally useless. So I don't do my main shopping there any more.
What I did do for about 6 months though, was buy stuff from them, eat half and take the remaining back for a refund 'til I got my £30 's worth back!! And if I do have to pop in there for some bits, I NEVER put the trolleys back. Revenge is sweet!
It's the only place to park in Lewes now, where you can wander into town and not feel rushed because of the parking meters.
I had to go to the doctors the other day - 50p for 20 minutes. It's a joke.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 9:31am The Super K wrote:
So you parked in a disabled parking space illegally and got a ticket?
AND YOUR MOANING ABOUT IT?

On 22 Oct 2007 at 10:21am Lewesianne wrote:
And your point is? :-)

On 22 Oct 2007 at 10:26am Smiler wrote:
I totally agree with you Super K parking in a disabled space is a really scummy thing to do.
I think we should post the number plates of all the able bodied people we see parking in Disabled bays on here.
Disabled people would love to be able to walk from halfway down the car park and to them you are so lucky you can.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 10:32am Smiler wrote:
I totally agree with you Super K parking in a disabled space is a really scummy thing to do.
I think we should post the number plates of all the able bodied people we see parking in Disabled bays on here.
Disabled people would love to be able to walk from halfway down the car park and to them you are so lucky you can.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 11:18am Geoff wrote:
What about council run car parks. None of their machines gives money back. You have to have the exact change. Another council money making scheme.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 4:18pm Double Yellow Line wrote:
Parking in a disabled bay without a valid blue badge.
You are lucky you didn't get towed away or clamped and you would have deserved it!!

On 22 Oct 2007 at 4:41pm The Super K wrote:
Good Idea Smiler post the number plates of all the able bodied people we see parking in Disabled bays on here.......................
Errrr Lewesianne whats your Car Number plate please?

On 22 Oct 2007 at 8:06pm Lewesianne wrote:
So what would you have all done then?????
a)Driven round and round and round for half hour in the pi...ing rain, waiting for a space to becoma available (you and a hundren other cars looking for a space, while your time is running out and school pick-up is in 20 minutes.
b) gone home and come back later to face the same problem maybe or...
c)park in an EMPTY row of disabled parking spaces knowing you were only going to be 10 minutes?
Be honest!
And by the way, some of these disabled people are faking their disability just so they can get these benefits.
"Oh dear, I've got a bad back, here Doc, sign this for me." Well I had a bad back for 6 months and I didn't bloody well sponge off the system and avoid going to work, I just did my best and parked in the normal bays which was a nightmare to deal with in the agony I was in but I didn't moan.
I know someone who has a disabled sticker and she has a bad knee... and she works!!!!.
Lets concentrate on the genuinely disabled people who really deserve these benefits? Not the f...ing scrounging sh.tbags of today in this 'screw the system' society.
So don't you all start preaching that sh.. to me when you would have done exactly the same, you hypocrits.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 9:02pm Smiler wrote:
Blimey!!!
I don't know what I would have done as I have NEVER seen the Tescos car park that full.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 9:39pm The Super K wrote:
Probably B please, possibly not come back though, I'm quite short tempered like that.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 10:55pm Lewesianne wrote:
Well Smiler, what sort of wet answer is that? If you had seen the car park that full, what would you have done?
Yes, I thought so - parked in one of the many EMPTY disabled bays. (Empty meaning that there was about 15 EMPTY disabled bays). I was pretty sure that in the next 20 minutes, 15 disabled people were suddenly gonna come out in the pouring rain to do their shopping and need those spaces.

On 22 Oct 2007 at 11:08pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Lewesianne,
Thoroughly agree with you about the abuse of the "disability" label. I don't agree with those that say it is a stigmatism - it is quite the opposite - why else would one in six claim they are disabled (official figures).
The disabled label is worn with pride (by scroungers) as it passports the person to preferential treatment (be it parking, benefits, theatre seats etc etc). However, all efforts should be made to assist the genuinely disabled people who form a very small percentage of the 17% claiming disability.
In my opinion, the only thing disabled about the scroungers is their personalities!

On 22 Oct 2007 at 11:16pm Lewesianne wrote:
Thankyou Spinster. And yes, I am usually the first one to help a disabled person through the door, in the shop or out of their car........as long as I can park first!!!!
ONLY JOKING!

On 22 Oct 2007 at 11:22pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Mobility scooters - now there's a subject!
On Saturday I witnessed a three-wheeled scooter zooming up Cliffe High Street (the wrong way). When the driver got to the bridge, they swerved onto the pavement virtually ramming the heels of walkers as they were not going as fast as the scooter.
"VIZ" had an amusing letter in the letter pages some years ago...........basically saying that scooters were for those either "too fat or too lazy" to walk! Maybe they had a point!

On 22 Oct 2007 at 11:28pm Lewesianne wrote:
Must be the same elderly man who shops in Tesco and demands everyone to get out of his way. He rammed my trolley once! Feisty ol' fella!
Now Viz....that's something I havn't read in years. And Mad magazine. Must take a trip to WH Smith.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 7:43am Double Yellow Line wrote:
So you are not only a selfish lazy cow you can also see into the future as well.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 8:18am walter wrote:
I have to agree double yellow line. I can't believe the mentality of some drivers. It's not an issue about parking fines or the people that are employed to give tickets, but basic consideration, and unselfishness. I can't stand seeing people parked in disabled bays when they shouldn't be. You deserved your ticket, and no matter what your next argument you still bloody deserved it.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:18am Lewesianne wrote:
So you're a saint Walter! And Double Yellow Line, you obviously come from the gutter.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:34am lauren wrote:
DOUBLE YELLOW LINE... Get of Lewesianne's case. Jesus christ she made a mistake 3 years ago and your giving her such a hard time. Are you so perfect that you have never made a bloody mistake. I am a badge holder and im not kicking grit in her eyes.........

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:35am Lewesianne wrote:
Anyone else want to have a go at me with their self righteousness opinions? Bring in on.
I think that people who come forward like this must be very unforgiving in their nature. Obviously not Christian. Walter, you seem like a decent person and I can understand your point but you fail completely to see mine, given the situation I was in at that time. So my question to you is..."What would you have done, a) b) or c)????

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:43am Smiler wrote:
So, Walter comes from the gutter for calling you a cow and you don't for calling people f..king scrounging sh.tbags.
And then you have the absolute gall to call other people hypocrits.
It beggars belief!!!

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:45am Lewesianne wrote:
On 23/10/2007 Lewesianne wrote:
Anyone else want to have a go at me with their self righteousness opinions? Bring in on.
I think that people who come forward like this must be very unforgiving in their nature. Obviously not Christian. Walter, you seem like a decent person and I can understand your point but you fail completely to see mine, given the situation I was in at that time. So my question to you is..."What would you have done, a) b) or c)????

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:53am Lewesianne wrote:
No you Numpty, Double Yellow Line comes from the gutter, not Walter. I never even mentioned Walter in the gutter! Such a simple joke.....Yellow lines...gutter.... Pah.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:53am Janet Street Preacher wrote:
Yes I do
I would not have parked in a disabled bay full stop

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:04am Lewesianne wrote:
JSP, is that for moral reasons or the dread of having to cough up £30?
And can you HONESTLY say that you would have not done any of a) b) or c) if you were in the same situation?

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:07am Janet Street Preacher wrote:
Honestly, no I can't but I would only park in a disabled bay if there were absolutely no other spaces, whether its raining or not would be immaterial to me.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:18am Lewesianne wrote:
I know most of you are enjoying a good argument but I have to go out now. I'll be back on tonight to face the music so in the meantime, all you saints can post more "disgusted" remarks on for me to return to later.
Just remember though - the original question here is "What would YOU have done if YOU were in the same situation?" Think of your children (if you have any) waiting in the school playground in the rain, wondering where you are. Think of the pollution you would have added driving round and round or even going home and coming back later.
So make sure your posts are worth reading. I really want to hear you Saints out there confess that you would only have NOT parked in a disable bay because of the MONEY rather than the moral issues.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:19am Lewesianne wrote:
On 23/10/2007 Lewesianne wrote:
I know most of you are enjoying a good argument but I have to go out now. I'll be back on tonight to face the music so in the meantime, all you saints can post more "disgusted" remarks on for me to return to later.
Just remember though - the original question here is "What would YOU have done if YOU were in the same situation?" Think of your children (if you have any) waiting in the school playground in the rain, wondering where you are. Think of the pollution you would have added driving round and round or even going home and coming back later.
So make sure your posts are worth reading. I really want to hear you Saints out there confess that you would only have NOT parked in a disable bay because of the MONEY rather than the moral issues.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:56am walter wrote:
I would have had some patience and done a. Religion here is immaterial, but I am a total atheist. I also have had to pick up kids in the rain and have waited until a fair park has come free and driven round and around, but that's life. Rain never hurt anyone. I wouldn't have parked in the disabled bay.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 11:14am zola wrote:
Is this the 5 minute arguement or the full half hour??

On 23 Oct 2007 at 12:23pm Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
I am totally with Lewesianne on this one. Yes its technically illegal, but unless there were 15 disabled drivers, or even 1 for that matter, who couldnt park then she did nobody any harm. It is just the same as pulling up on double yellow lines to pop into a shop, or driving a bit over the speed limit - and I'm sorry but if all of the above people are going to say they have never done either of those things then I don't believe them. Surely in cases like this a little common sense should prevail.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 1:56pm Geoff wrote:
I agree with Its Not Rocket Science.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 2:21pm zola wrote:
My Mum lives in Eastbourne,and can't see,so she has a disabled sticker on her car,and has someone to drive her around.When we go out,we sometimes have problems parking,particularly if we go to Brihton,there are a lot of disabled drivers out there.I always look,and they all display the stickers.I'm aware of the scams,copying the stickers etc,and welcome the new laws that are coming in to prevent forgeries.But what i find hard to stomach,is she pays a substantial amount of money to have her own disabled parking bay outside her front door(complete with a painted wheelchair sign on the road)And a sign on her wall.Unmissable.The sign is constantly taken off the wall,and people then park in her bay.She lives in a busy street,and often can't park outside her own house.And the wardens don't seem as hot in Eastbourne as they are in Lewes,and people often get away with it.I disagree with this,it is appalling behaviour,no one is ever caught taking the sign.I'm not a driver,but understand how frustrating it must be when every space is taken,apart from a row of unused disabled bays,so im not commenting on Lewesiannes' experience.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 5:25pm FA wrote:
This really is a no-brainer
If you park in a disabled bay, expect to get a ticket/clamped
If you park in a bus stop, expect to get a ticket
If you park on double yellow lines, expect to get a ticket/clamped/towed away
If you park causing an obstruction, expect to get a ticket/towed away
If you go over the speed limit, expect to get done for speeding
If you go out and murder someone, expect to get arrested and put in jail for life
Can you see a pattern emerging....if you break the rules, expect to get punished. Even a f*****g kid knows that.
No wonder this country is like it is with the "i can do anything i like" culture

On 23 Oct 2007 at 5:27pm Lewesianne wrote:
Ah, I seems that sll you moaners have dried up and run out of argument. Or is it because you cannot whole heartedly disagree with what I did?
I rest my case. Now, lets all move on and be friends again!
Who likes the new Indian resturant Spice Merchants. Their food is lovely but I found their take-away portions really small?

On 23 Oct 2007 at 5:29pm Lewesianne wrote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah...moved on now.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 8:21pm For The Record wrote:
FA,
I notice that you abide by the conditions of use on this forum........I wonder what your penalty shall be?

On 23 Oct 2007 at 9:03pm Mrs Whiplash wrote:
Well,purrrrrrsonally,i would tie him up.....have my wicked way.....And PUT HIM IN THE WICKER MAN!!!

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:26pm Miss Spankbottom wrote:
How about take his rule book, roll it up and whoop his ass with it.

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:33pm Purdy Mayeth wrote:
or lash him roughly with a wet mop!

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:41pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Now here's a surprise, I have parked in disabled parking bays, usually at a 45 degree angle so as not to draw attention to myself!

On 24 Oct 2007 at 9:58am Lewesianne wrote:
Oh Spinster, don't get them going again!! :-)
Went to bed with tears or laughter still streaming last nigh by the way, over your hilarious cereal names! My kids thought I was upset!

On 24 Oct 2007 at 10:58am Cliffebimbo wrote:
It is completely immaterial about parking in Tesco's now-they have no-one patrolling the car park as they have a camera on the entrance gate recording what time people arrive. I have complained to them about the number of DISABLED people who park in the mother and baby places (and before someone gets on at me for even contemplating taking my daughter shopping, I have no choice). I wouldn't dream of parking in the disabled places but I can totally understand why people do, especially those with kids who cannot get into the Mums & Babies spaces. Incidentally, why are there so few spaces for familes? And why do people with older kids use them when they are perfectly capable of getting out of a car in a normal parking space. Oh and getting back to the disabled bit again, Heather Mills has a disabled ticket but is able to do the Salsa, Rumba, Waltz and can even kick her leg in the air (it stayed on).

On 24 Oct 2007 at 11:12pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I'm afraid that I'm going to upset Cliffebimbo now, but have to comment on above post.
Why do "mothers and babies have to have allocated spaces close to the shop? Surely these are young healthy people in the prime of their life (otherwise they would not be having children). I can understand that the wider spaces are helpful for pushchairs and prams, but why do they have to be so close to the shop?
What about people with two-door cars? - these cars need more room to enable the door to open adequately to allow the driver to exit.
What about special spaces for lardy people who need to waddle to the shop so that they can shoehorn more high fat food into their Mr Creosote bodies?
Where will it all end?

On 24 Oct 2007 at 11:22pm lauren wrote:
and what would be the symbol for lardy parking bays :-) :-)

On 24 Oct 2007 at 11:28pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I would suggest the number 8 would suffice (in large bold letters) as it has always been used to describe lardy's (two fat ladies 88)

On 24 Oct 2007 at 11:37pm lauren wrote:
quick thinking. I thought you might have come up with something abit more cheeky

On 24 Oct 2007 at 11:42pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
An extremely large W would do too

On 26 Oct 2007 at 9:27pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
Spinster of the Parish, I have no problem with your remarks about the Mums and baby spaces and their close position to the store. I think most parents who have to take their babies/toddlers shopping would not care if they had to walk, as long as they could have a space big enough to get a child out of. It is really difficult to get a baby out of a seat when you can't get the door open properly. When you are no longer a spinster you may well encounter this problem.

On 26 Oct 2007 at 10:13pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Cliffe Bimbo,
Excellent - we are agreed then (check my post and you will discover you have agreed with my comments).
As for your comment about possibly encountering this child problem when I am no longer a spinster - NEVER!!!

On 30 Oct 2007 at 7:31pm TOM wrote:
STOP MAKING EXCUSES.IF I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME I WOULD MAKE THE TIME. DON'T JUDGE OTHERS BY YOUR PITIFUL STANDARDS! TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. IF SOME PEOPLE ARE ABUSING THE SYSTEM WITH BADGES IS THAT YOUR JUSTIFICATION FOR ALSO DOING IT? AND IF YOU'VE GOT A SCHOOL RUN TO DO, WHAT MESSAGE DOES IT SEND TO YOUR KIDS? THAT ITS OK TO DO IT JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT YOU'LL ONLY BE 10 MINUTES? RUBBISH. I SUPPOSE YOU THROW LITTER OUT OF YOUR CAT BECAUSE YOU;VE SEEM OTHERS DO IT, OR CUT OTHER MOTORISTS UP BECAUSE OTHERS DO IT. POOR ATTITUDE, POOR WAY OF LIFE. SELFISH ACT YOU DESERVED WHAT YOU GOT AND PROBABLY MORE AND THE FACT THAT YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT 3 YEARS LATER TELLS ME A LOT ABOUT YOU.
OF COURSE TESCO IS EQUALLY TO BLAME FOR TOLERATING SELFISH PEOPLE LIKE YOU. I COMPLAIN TO MY LOCAL TESCO ABOUT PEOLPE LIKE YOU ALL THE TIME BUT THEY ARE TOO INTERESTED IN THEIR £ FROM YOU TO CARE. ONCE THE DISABALITY ACT COMES INTO FORCE LATER ON THIS YEAR SUPERMARKETS WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE ISSUE MORE STRINGENTLY. I REGULARLY POP TO THE CASHPOINT AT 6AM AT MY LOCAL TESCOS, NO ONE IS THERE AT ALL YET I SEE PEOPLE PARKED IN DISABLED BAYS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO LAZT TO WALK THE EXTRA 10 YARDS TO PARK IN A ABLE BODIED SPACE.
AND TO ANSWER THE QUESTION I WOULD HAVE GONE HOME AND REURNED LATE WHEN IT WAS LESS BUSY . SIMPLE REALLY.

On 8 Feb 2008 at 6:22pm TOM wrote:
YES

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Torchlit 126:132
Torchlit

Thanks, Stevied. You’re right, They are the best fields and pretty secure, (save for the gate at the top.) She’s on heat at... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa