Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Teenagers outside the Lansdown

On 17 Feb 2018 at 2:40pm Football player wrote:
An overly large amount of drunken teenagers drinking outside the lansdown today! Yes, football is on, but really unfavourable behaviour from a few, especially as elderly people about, young children. Why is the pub still serving alcohol to already very drunk kids?
On 17 Feb 2018 at 2:47pm Viv wrote:
There were 7 coaches of away fans today and whilst it was extremely and unexpectedly busy, everybody was thoroughly Checked and many many people were refused and turned away, we also stopped serving any shots at all and had full communication with the police all afternoon, if you have any issues please come in and speak with me in person. We take our licensing responsibilities very seriously and many young people arrived off the coaches drunk and were not allowed in, so it is possible you saw them outside but we were not and do not ever ďserve alchol to already drunk kidsĒ
On 17 Feb 2018 at 2:55pm Gemma wrote:
Ignore football player Viv, your Pub is great and itís a police issue if football fans are causing trouble in town ( I saw an incident outside the rights of man) you canít be in control of who roles off of coaches from out of town.
On 17 Feb 2018 at 5:41pm Ban it wrote:
Seriously, ban football now and save all humanity. It's a disgusting blight on our country.
On 17 Feb 2018 at 6:21pm Coleen wrote:
If you think today was bad, just wait till tomorrow when the Everton "ladies" come to town.
On 17 Feb 2018 at 8:21pm Jonjo wrote:
Wait till man utd turn up with 8-10000 fans they will be everywhere
On 18 Feb 2018 at 1:34am Local wrote:
I pity the poor residents nearby who have to suffer the noise and disruption from the several-dozen youths who seem to congregate all over the pavement outside as late as midnight at weekends Ė not all of them 'haven't been served', surely?
On 18 Feb 2018 at 8:21am @Jonjo wrote:
Jonjo, they're already here....most of them live down here already.
On 18 Feb 2018 at 11:30am Tango wrote:
Premiership matches away fan allocations is only circa 2k to 3k at Amex so itíll be fine, no need to panic and as has been said most already live down here anyway.
On 18 Feb 2018 at 4:32pm Not a Great Football Fan wrote:
I must say that the legions of Coventry fans who invaded my local yesterday were some of the nicest people it was possible to meet. The beer and banter flowed freely, everyone had a great time and the pub made shedloads of dosh that more than compensated for those evenings when the locals either don't bother, or can't afford, to come out. Yes, there are always a few whose behaviour leaves a lot to be desired but from what I saw it wasn't the Coventry supporters. Don't forget, Lewes were also playing on the day and there was a stag do going on at the same time.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge 131:132
Willeys Bridge

In the week before lockdown, central government gave local councils several million pounds to enable councils to put all homeless... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine