Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Technical Help Please

On 1 Jan 2005 at 11:46am The Tooth Fairy wrote:
I'm in the process of upgrading to BT Broadband and in the kit they have sent me are two in-line ADSL filters. One to connect my computer with and one to use with another telephone. As I have more than one 'phone I obviously don't have enough of these filters. Do I need to contact BT and get some more or are they really necessary? What will happen if I use a 'phone without a filter? Also, will I have to uninstall my dial-up software once broadband is up and running?
Happy New Year to all regulars and most non-regulars.

On 1 Jan 2005 at 11:51am The Webmaster wrote:
You should only need to use the adsl filters on the sockets tht you have phone plugged into.
You can get them from Argos for a few quid.
No you can keep your dial up software installed but you may have to manually make the broadband the default connection.

On 2 Jan 2005 at 11:27am The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Thank you, Webmaster.

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Street Lewes 111:132
Station Street Lewes

Actually, I would like to add to what I have written above. I understand your concerns about medical marijuana, especially if you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle