Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Teachers

On 23 Mar 2018 at 12:33pm Monster Munch wrote:
Anyone been to a parents evening and realised the teacher doesn't have a clue what your child is actually like, as they glance briefly at the scores on their sheet?
On 23 Mar 2018 at 1:00pm Skips wrote:
I think you will find that DFE safe guarding requirements prevent teachers from knowing who their pupils are.
On 23 Mar 2018 at 3:48pm Himself wrote:
Usually the teacher not knowing who your child is is a good sign, to be brutally honest.
On 23 Mar 2018 at 6:41pm Parent teacher wrote:
Does it ever occur to you that maybe you haven't got much idea what your child is actually like either?
On 23 Mar 2018 at 8:39pm Tom wrote:
Usually they just look at me blankly whilst I look at them blankly.
On 24 Mar 2018 at 9:17am @parent teacher wrote:
No. I guess you are a teacher then!
On 26 Mar 2018 at 4:48pm Teacher wrote:
I defy anyone to get to know 400 students, when you only see most of them one hour a week and you spend that teaching them Key Performance Indicators, taking a register, setting and collecting homework, checking through books, completing health and safety records, completing KPI data sheets, marking books, stickering books, etc etc etc. Anyone who thinks there is time to get to know students sadly misunderstands the state of education today. Teachers get to know the exceptionally good and the exceptionally bad students, not necessarily when they arrive but over a period of time. The rest, mostly you know their face and personality. But in any case you don't need to know their name to comment on their performance, their results etc.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge 131:132
Willeys Bridge

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell