Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Taxi no show

On 21 Oct 2016 at 9:35pm disgruntled wrote:
A Lewes taxi company failed to show up for an early morning booking resulting in me almost missing an early flight from Gatwick. They eventually (1h05m later) found a replacement driver from another company who I paid in full.
Any thoughts on how I can most effectively complain? They haven't attempted to communicate with me since.
On 21 Oct 2016 at 9:38pm Tim wrote:
Name and shame!
On 22 Oct 2016 at 12:31am Ron Umber wrote:
Home phone is a memorable number, easily misdialled. Quite often get pissed belligerent blokes wanting a taxi. I tell them fifteen minutes and take it off the hook
On 22 Oct 2016 at 6:38am Youngster wrote:
Switch to uber
On 22 Oct 2016 at 8:51am Uber luva wrote:
@Youngster: presumably your only knowledge of Uber is the occasional Daily Mail article. Surely you realise it doesn't exist in Lewes or even Brighton.
On 22 Oct 2016 at 11:19am Youngster wrote:
No Uber? Not sure I want to move down from London now. What's wrong with catching a train to the airport?
On 22 Oct 2016 at 12:37pm DrunkenBishopOfIslington wrote:
Youngster, because of course our train service is such a thing to be trusted ;-)
On 22 Oct 2016 at 2:03pm disgruntled wrote:
@youngster
because there was no train at that time on Wednesday morning due to the strike.
On 24 Oct 2016 at 10:47am pearliegirliestar wrote:
A little known law which I discovered(Thanks to a taxi company in Manchester) if a taxi company gives you a time, and you have told them you are catching a flight, you are in a contract and they have to compensate you if you do not meet that flight. I haven't used it, but I do know that they must get you there if they have committed to get you there - this is why they will ask you the time of your flight.
I would look in to it, if you told them you were catching a flight.
On 24 Oct 2016 at 7:33pm One for the road wrote:
They probably didn't turn up because they were hungover from the pub session the night before. Too many times I've got in a cab at 7:45am to be welcomed by the smell of beer on the drivers breath. How do they get away with it?

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

4 out of the top 5 channels showing the same thing nearly all day. Somewhat excessive.
Got up this morning and the BBC is still... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde