Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tax Increase

On 23 Nov 2016 at 6:19pm Depressed wrote:
On the news today. Tax to rise. Car tax, stamp duty, food tax, clothes tax, white goods tax.
On 23 Nov 2016 at 6:22pm Ex Pat wrote:
Enjoy. No such problems here suckers.
On 23 Nov 2016 at 7:38pm Bored of Brexit wrote:
Not that the Daily Mail will report it but the government admitted today that Brexit will cause a 122 billion quid black hole before we've even left because of fewer migrant workers and a weak pound. What you're complaining about is how it'll be paid for. Still, we've got our country back right? Whatever that even means, as Brexiters are complaining about parliamentary power too.
On 23 Nov 2016 at 7:56pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Er- it seems from the Chancellor's statement that taxes for workers will be reduced; and the minimum wage is going up.
On 23 Nov 2016 at 7:58pm Depressed wrote:
@'Bored of Brexit'
I didn't vote to leave. I voted to REMAIN.
And now I've got to pay more tax which means I'll be even harder up because of something I didn't vote for.
On 23 Nov 2016 at 8:07pm vic wrote:
What horrifies me now is how 'Brexit' is becoming the excuse for all of the scandalous idealogical manipulation of the economy under the the Tories. It's an outrageous riff niftily avoiding the obvious: that any responsible government providing the machinery for potential change, this time in terms of a referendum, had done absolutely nothing to set in place developed plans for either outcome.They take us for idiots kicked into the long grass through lies and the faux poverty of Neo liberal constraints.
On 23 Nov 2016 at 8:19pm not brexit wrote:
Our present finances are utterly dire because the same old revolving door of pro EU blairite governments continue to spend more than we can afford. Using mass immigration as a short term fix, and it is a short term fix with profound long term consequences, is extremely reckless and stupid.
Immigration is actually due to rise in the short term so your narrative doesn't make sense nor do you admit that the pound, which any serious economist would tell you, has been overvalued for years and would of fallen regardless of the outcome of the referendum.

On 23 Nov 2016 at 9:19pm vic wrote:
I was commenting only on today's debacle. I would be the first to say that New Labour is indistinguishable from the centralist Tories - both are equally in the thrall of big business and their lobbyists (all of whom have infiltrated government at all levels including a revolving door in the Treasury), the pied piper press barons and of course the USA. Tony Blair tailored his shoes to walk on from Thatcher. I think part of the trick has been to persuade us that there is a difference between New Labour and Cameron's copy cat Conservatives. They - and the present 'centralist' Tory incarnation under May - are all tarred with the same brush and dance to the same multi national tune. There isn't a cigarette paper between them.

On 24 Nov 2016 at 10:04am Tom Pain wrote:
Couldn't agree with you more Vic. I won't vote for any of them,the system is so corrupted that even those with the best intentions can do nothing. Just wait for the carbon taxes to come in and we can save the world by giving all our money to the people who are destroying it.
On 24 Nov 2016 at 12:30pm Clifford wrote:
All these supporters of capitalism on here whining about the effects of capitalism. At least Sussex Jim is consistent. Pah!

On 24 Nov 2016 at 1:22pm vic wrote:
Well Clifford, i'm certainly not a capitalist!

On 26 Nov 2016 at 5:29pm Chester Packov-Lyze wrote:
Perhaps it's my memory playing tricks on me but I don't remember Thatcher spending shedloads on education & the NHS as Blair did. Blair has a lot to answer for - but indistinguishable from Thatcher ? Not in every area.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

England's third test match against India starts today 9am till 5pm. Wed, Thurs, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week... With a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo