Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

TalkTalk broadband.

On 29 Sep 2011 at 9:12pm jonnyboy wrote:
Anyone on Landport having problems with broadband speed and dropouts? I'm with Talktalk and speed has dropped recently from about 7mbs to about half a mb. I know one neighbour has also been having similar problems.

On 29 Sep 2011 at 10:25pm Lopster wrote:
not monitored pipe-size but I DO know it has been dropping out regularly for about a month - need to re-boot router about twice a week to kick start - regularly get 10 minutes with zero activity - never once a problem in 4 years with BT
funny really poxy response coincides with new deal for loyalty - 6 months half price then 6 back at £15ish...cynic...me?

On 29 Sep 2011 at 11:41pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
TalkTalk is crap, you pay cheap, you get cheap.
I have to re-boot my router nearly every day, but i can't complain, im still with them, have been for years, because their cheap.
Funny thing though, i am getting 10 meg at my modem, and in a 5 metre cable i lose 2 meg, and end up with 8 meg at my computer.

On 30 Sep 2011 at 2:03am Dingo wrote:
Mine was a slow as treacle tonight Johnny but apparently there was a break in the fibre optic cable .

On 30 Sep 2011 at 8:07am BROADBAND PIRATE wrote:
YARGH!
Due to original wiring I've got about 6 miles of tatty phone cable from my router to the phone socket, which is reducing my connection by 30-50%. Leaving me with only getting 10M and I've had about 10 minutes downtime these past 5 years.
But then, I'd never chose TalkTalk. Pirates that TALKTALK get the plank!

On 30 Sep 2011 at 8:16am Toot wrote:
I'm on TalkTalk and it's awful. Once my contract is up, I'm outta here even if it does cost me a bit more. I have to re-boot my router daily, and even then it's not guaranteed to work, and the signal drops out at least three times a day.
It's truly awful!
(Not sure if anyone else has it, but it's amusing that I get a TalkTalk advert on this thread!)

On 30 Sep 2011 at 8:18am DFL wrote:
I've had a lot of problems with my broadband lately as well, and yes, I'm with Talktalk. However, I understand that they're upgrading their system in the South East, so lets hope their service improves shortly.

On 30 Sep 2011 at 8:48am Hedley Lamarr wrote:
Talk Talk came a very poor bottom in the latets Which? survey. I had them round my door last year trying to get me to switich to them and became very abusive when I said no and they even came back, banged on my door and did a runner. Total charlatans! I would move (I have been with Plusnet for yaers now and they are OK - with fast speeds most of the time.

On 30 Sep 2011 at 10:33am Peter Pan wrote:
6.17mb in Barcombe the best I have ever had. With the Post Office no problems One happy Bunny!!

On 30 Sep 2011 at 12:14pm Rookie wrote:
TalkTalk for the past 3 years on Nevill through dodgy old phone lines. Apart from some fun setting up in the beginning I've never had a problem. 8MB, no router rebooting, no drop outs, XBox Live on daily and very smooth. Excellent.

On 30 Sep 2011 at 1:03pm Southover Queen wrote:
Mine is nominally provided by the Utilities Warehouse, which consistently comes top of the Which surveys. However if you drill down it turns out that the provider is Talktalk.

When I first moved here there was awful confusion about provision of phone lines (and therefore the broadband connection), but since then it's been fine. I did notice that it was running slow yesterday evening, but it seems to be fine today once more. So perhaps there was a local problem at the exchange and it's been sorted?

(The last time I did a check I was getting 10mb, which is actually +2 over the posted rate.)

On 30 Sep 2011 at 8:22pm cyclist wrote:
Never, never go with these charlatons. We had a problem as in no service. Just after they took over our provider pipex. We spent a fortune on calls to some call centre in India. After a long time all they could suggest was to send a new router. We know this was not the problem, so they said that after they had sent the router about 10 days. They would then send an engineer to check the phone line cost £100. We also knew this was not the problem. The problem was their software did not recognise us as customers. They would not even try to solve that problem just passed us from pillar to post. We gave up - cancelled our contract and went with Orange (at least we can go to a shop). Thank god we did not have our phone contracts with them. NB orange was cheaper than talk talk as well. I would never have my phone and broadband with the same provider even if it is cheaper. If you have a problem you could be left without internet and phone.

On 1 Oct 2011 at 8:44pm wanderer wrote:
fibre optic in lewes you sure if that was the case we would all be on infinity
strange speeds in lewes on be o2 sister comp you get 24mb connection in town/cliffe
on the estates 8-10 is the average

On 2 Oct 2011 at 7:32am Deelite wrote:
Our provider Nildram was taken over by Talk Talk. Almost immediately the service deteriorated, slowed to a crawl and frequently went down during the day. On a business contract especially, this is unacceptable. Needless to say support were very difficult to contact and then useless. We gave a months notice and moved away. They continued to bill us. contacting them to get them to stop billing us was almost impossible. In the end they got the debt collectors on us. They've rung us multiple times. By now Talk Talk must hVe spent hundreds if pounds chasing the £22 they think we owe them. We've given up trying to contact them. It wastes far too much of our time. Useless company. For me ISP and phone provision is a no-brainer. Www.BeThere.co.uk in Lewes. Very fast and great service. And www.Plusnet.co.uk outside. The best service of any ISP around. Both benefit by being owned by large telecom companies but allowed to run autonomously.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Sheep 79:132
Lewes Sheep

Oh the irony more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane