Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Taking over

On 20 Feb 2009 at 7:00pm Arrow wrote:
Is it me or is lewes being over run by gays!what do you think?

On 20 Feb 2009 at 7:10pm An Economist wrote:
Errr ... dunno. I have never thought to carry out a survey. Do you think we have a disproportionately large number of homosexual people in our town? If so, does it bother you?

On 20 Feb 2009 at 8:11pm mr happy wrote:
My son is gay and lives in Lewes so he will be very pleased!!Perhaps one of the pubs could turn into a gay bar?? At least the women wouldnt be chatted up by pervy old men in there!

On 20 Feb 2009 at 8:14pm mr happy wrote:
My son is gay and lives in Lewes so he will be pleased. Perhaps one of the pubs could turn into a gay bar and then women could drink there happily without bieng chatted up by old pervy men!!

On 20 Feb 2009 at 8:16pm mr happy wrote:
My son is gay and lives in Lewes so he will be pleased. Gay Bar next??

On 20 Feb 2009 at 8:37pm Dave wrote:
Is chatting up women pervy now?

On 20 Feb 2009 at 8:37pm north carolina girl wrote:
dear aaron,
you sound a bit preoccupied and somewhat paranoid about the sexual orientation of your fellow Lewsians. i have always thought of Lewes as more of a state of mind, and a place where those who march to different drummers were encouraged to do so (even if the parking scandal and witchy women with large bosoms remain sources of discussion). i hope you don't think me forward, but perhaps the agony aunt could help you sort through this. i, for one, would welcome swimming with dolphins, gay or not.
regards from eastern north carolina,
deb

On 20 Feb 2009 at 9:21pm The Super K wrote:
The Rainbow IS a gay pub!!! hense the international gay bar sign in the window (if its still there).... And I think your find its DEAD in there so no.... I dont think Lewes is being "over run" by gays!

On 20 Feb 2009 at 9:29pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Hey FA, see your old man's posting again!

On 20 Feb 2009 at 9:53pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
There are lots of lesbian couples, but I think the gay men you see are generally on a day trip from Brighton.

On 20 Feb 2009 at 9:55pm north carolina girl wrote:
why does it matter where they come from?

On 20 Feb 2009 at 11:15pm po wrote:
because they are sick

On 20 Feb 2009 at 11:23pm north carolina girl wrote:
as opporsed to the so-called 'normal' straight folks, i guess!

On 21 Feb 2009 at 12:08am Earl of Lewes wrote:
No, of course it doesn't matter. I was just challenging the initial statement, because I'm told by gay friends that Lewes is more popular with lesbians.

The only minority that appears to be taking over Lewes is men with silly hats, berets and odd beards. But I don't think they're gay.

On 21 Feb 2009 at 1:00am Dave wrote:
Aren't gay blokes just like us but they fancy other blokes?
Why does that bother people?

On 21 Feb 2009 at 10:07am Bonfirek wrote:
some people obviously have something to hide!

On 21 Feb 2009 at 10:53am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I suspect Earl of Lewes is correct.
I deal with a statutory organisation that employs a disproportionately large percentage of homosexual people. Many of the lesbian employees have advised me that they wish to relocate to Lewes (if they have not done so already), particularly in relation to accessing education for their children.

On 21 Feb 2009 at 12:28pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
I fink Arrow is one of those homophobic folk. If people are law abiding and generally pleasant it doesn't matter a fiddlers fugg what their sexual orientation is.
Spinsters wordage regarding lesbian employees accessing edukayshun for their children made me smile.
PhilX

On 21 Feb 2009 at 2:57pm Chuck wrote:
I remember an article in the Express saying that Lewes is one of the most popular locations in the UK for lesbian families with school-age children. I must be blind though, cos I haven't seen any butch, short-haired women in dungarees and doc martins around town.

On 21 Feb 2009 at 4:36pm Agony Aunt wrote:
Interesting comment North Carolina Girl.
The Amazon River dolphin is pink - not necessarily a sign of being gay (rather breast cancer awareness).
Likewise the term "surfing" has homosexual connotations (another word hijacked by the gay community).
Dolphins have been known to engage in homosexual relationships - in fact there is a claim from a Norwegian fisherman that he was assaulted by a marauding gay dolphin.
But fear not dear readers, the Sussex coast is a heterosexual stronghold for dolphins, and any fears about swimming at our beaches are unfounded - just get out there and break the surf.

On 21 Feb 2009 at 8:55pm north carolina girl wrote:
greetings, agony aunt!
LOL, i have heard that there are many creatures that are gay.
kinda funny about that norwegian fisherman. have you ever watched that american cartoon, called King of the Hill? there was an episode about a gay dolphin getting rather amourous with the main charachter!
alas, i was really hoping to meet some gay dolphins when i make my next sojourn to Sussex. well, i will bring my rainbow accessories, anyway. just in case they show up. i sure hope they do, i want to buy them all some lavender tea cakes. i might just invite marina pepper, too.
regards from my side of the pond to yours,
deb

On 22 Feb 2009 at 3:18pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
I agree with NCG... cos she's beautiful.
PhilX

On 22 Feb 2009 at 4:15pm north carolina girl wrote:
phil, you *are* incorrigable! part of your charm, i suppose.
as always, fondest regards from my side of the pond to yours,
deb/NCG

On 22 Feb 2009 at 5:51pm Lewes Drinker wrote:
Well a month or so ago the Rainbow had a sign in the window saying they were "gay friendly" if that helps at all.

On 22 Feb 2009 at 6:55pm Patrik wrote:
Haven't you got some children to groom Toothless. F**king filthy perv.

On 23 Feb 2009 at 7:50pm demon2 wrote:
does it matter if your straight or gay were all humans thats all that matters.and so what if there are gays in lewes let them be

11 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Pells 121:132
The Pells

TP 15 Sep - 21-49: I simply don't understand how my "options" do not refer to the current situation. Are you seriously... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams