Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Takeaway Menus

On 31 Mar 2009 at 3:36pm The Webmaster wrote:
Have you all seen the takeaway menus? (Menus at the top)

I'd like to get all the takeaways in town to put their menus on here so when you feel like a night in you can just visit that page and decide what you want to eat, see which ones deliver, what special offers they have, phone them up and stuff yourselves.

If your favourite takeaway isn't there why not tell them to get in touch?

Bon apetit!

On 31 Mar 2009 at 4:25pm north carolina girl wrote:
wow! you are so fortunate to have such a variety of delivery and takeaway foods. around here we are limited to domino's pizza for delivery and nothing else. of course, there are places to get chinese takeaway, hamburgers and mexican food and sandwiches. but.....some times it is a PITA to go collect it. sorta takes the fun out of a lazy day!
B-)

On 31 Mar 2009 at 4:30pm Uncle Sam wrote:
Great idea webbo. Every time I fancy a takeaway, I have to search the drawers to find the menu's. Bravo

On 31 Mar 2009 at 4:37pm Turkey Twizzler wrote:
Not sure Jamie Oliver would be happy with you!

On 31 Mar 2009 at 5:46pm Sandpaper Elbows wrote:
What a great idea. Always best to have all the menus in one place. And to have the variety in one page. Hope all the restaurants in town sign up to it. Hurrar!

On 31 Mar 2009 at 6:05pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Yes NCG we have a large choice of takeaway's... but then you have lots more space around you... bigger gardens etc.
Swings and roundabouts I guess.
PhilX

On 31 Mar 2009 at 6:06pm Mr Montal wrote:
Needs some twicking. Good idea though.

On 31 Mar 2009 at 6:50pm north carolina girl wrote:
yeah, i know you are right about that, phil. life is full of trade-offs, and i do love having plenty of room to garden. but i do also love the english gardens and soft rolling hills of the south downs.

On 1 Apr 2009 at 1:27pm Commuter wrote:
Great idea! we always spend ages hunting around for our menus...

On 1 Apr 2009 at 4:39pm Chris wrote:
Good plan Sir. How about they give a discount (5% say) to people ordering via the info on the forum?

On 1 Apr 2009 at 5:09pm The Webmaster wrote:
Ask the if they will when you phone.
It should save them a few bob in printing costs.

On 1 Apr 2009 at 6:14pm THEINTREPIDFOX wrote:
Perhaps some hint that there's extra information on the particular dish when going with the mouse over an item. It's not obvious. Nicer would be if the additional info is shown as a sub line permanently. Makes it easier to compare dishes and ingredients.

On 1 Apr 2009 at 6:24pm Tarquins Mater wrote:
Displaying E numbers and saturated/unsaturated fats would be beneficial to calculating what Tarquin can and cannot consume

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

English view 35:132
English view

Why is public money being spent on it? Maybe because there are people prepared to campaign for a safe cycling route from Lewes... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell