Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tagging

On 24 Jan 2012 at 1:49pm Curious wrote:
What are peoples opinions on criminals committing crimes and getting away with a tag. Do you think this is enough ? I would be interested in hearing opinions on this.

On 24 Jan 2012 at 2:24pm Cliffite wrote:
Not sure it really works, I work opposite a sheltered housing block in Brighton and all the teenagers just compare them and wear them as status symbols

On 24 Jan 2012 at 4:09pm DFL wrote:
Depends what the crime was and how serious etc. But I haven't seen the roads swept at all around Lewes, so maybe we could get a few of these offenders to get on the brush and clean up our roads ? Obviously that would depend on the seriousness of the crime,I wouldn't want a murderer or rapist or similar walking our streets thank you very much.
On 24 Jan 2012 at 5:54pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'm not sure how effective they are at making offenders stick to curfews etc, but it's a lot cheaper than keeping them in prison, so broadly I suppose I'm in favour.

On 24 Jan 2012 at 9:16pm Lewes wrote:
I'd prefer the electric chair

On 24 Jan 2012 at 9:51pm expat two wrote:
I think its fine in appropriate situations, and if its done competently - not by a private security employee who attaches the tag to a false leg which gets taken off and allows the detainee to wander freely.

On 24 Jan 2012 at 10:26pm Clifford wrote:
A strange request, Lewes, but I'm sure we can arrange that for you.

On 25 Jan 2012 at 8:34pm Boo Khaki wrote:
How can curtailing some of your movement and ensuring you get an early night ever equate to incarceration - if the crime warrants removal from society (violence and theft) then do just that - for lesser misdemeanours (like that poor cow who fed the birds with a crust from her car window) an appropriate level of policed community service - or whatever the PC term for it is these days

On 25 Jan 2012 at 8:56pm Curious wrote:
Legal advisor I'm doing a topic at college on crime and different forms of punishment and that's why I posted on here. You have some serious hang ups whoever you are.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Rugby Club 83:143
Lewes Rugby Club

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington